Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Probably the only recreated area we actually have a somewhat semi-clear media to compare it with. So... do you guys think it stands up to the original one?
    Spoiler:

Personally, I think it looks spot-on, although the spacing between the wall tilings should probably be made thinner and less pronounced.
    I would say they look different because the team's looks more complete. The walls there are very blank. I don't know if that room was finished or not. But the team's looks more realistic and the walls look more...wallish. I love their work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
      So, then why do people say the game that is being modded is a 40% build? You can say everything is meaningless then, like this website, the forum members, and the game itself. The is no meaning to life itself. Anyway, I too am tired of the elitist attitude of people here that know something and think they are better than everyone else. If everyone acquires information about this game then we can all be know-it-alls!
      You're pretty much one of the most aggressive and rude posters that is posting really, quite hypocritical.

Fact is, as stated many times by people who know how development of things work, giving a percentage is often not really a good judgment of measure of completion for various reasons. There's no good way to gauge it. And there's no need to be so offensive and hostile. The project was never even supposed to be announced until it was complete, the apparently accidental facebook information leak is what led to the rabid dogs getting unleashed who keep wanting updates and we're lucky at all that Mr.Zork is even bothering to provide any updates at all considering. Just be patient and wait. If you don't like this topic, then subscribe to B.Zork's youtube channel which is where he uploads the videos and provides official information.

And yes, my "40%" estimate of the build's completion is just an educated guess. It's not to be taken as exact or anything.
      Last edited by Alzaire; 01-08-2013, 12:55 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
        You're pretty much one of the most aggressive and rude posters that is posting really, quite hypocritical.

Fact is, as stated many times by people who know how development of things work, giving a percentage is often not really a good judgment of measure of completion for various reasons. There's no good way to gauge it. And there's no need to be so offensive and hostile. The project was never even supposed to be announced until it was complete, the apparently accidental facebook information leak is what led to the rabid dogs getting unleashed who keep wanting updates and we're lucky at all that Mr.Zork is even bothering to provide any updates at all considering. Just be patient and wait. If you don't like this topic, then subscribe to B.Zork's youtube channel which is where he uploads the videos and provides official information.

And yes, my "40%" estimate of the build's completion is just an educated guess. It's not to be taken as exact or anything.
        And your one of the ones with the elitist attitude that think your shit doesn't stink!
        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

• ^ This guy just needs to be banned. All he does when posting is flame others, start arguments and bash endlessly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
            ^ This guy just needs to be banned. All he does when posting is flame others, start arguments and bash endlessly.
            Of all the rude people on here, I should be banned? I asked questions and I get attacked, and then i defend myself. I am always singled out for defending myself, but PLENTY of others have said really offensive things and they are treated much better? The problem with this forum is people treat others with disdain when they want to know more. This is a forum, people ask questions, and some are answered, while others are not.

Anyway, the reason I "flame" others, is because THEY are the ones with the negative nasty attitude. If I don't act like YOU, I am happy. I am not a mindless zombie.
            Last edited by Black~Crow; 01-08-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• You're not getting any brownie points with a signature like that Crow. No-ones trying to single you out or being complete dicks to anyone, you were just informed that asking about percentages isn't very smart because there is no way to measure percentage when working on modifications of an unfinished video game. They're piecing things together, I don't think even they know how long they have left.

Comment

• Originally posted by pato View Post
                A Call of Duty game actually take about 2 years of development, robert_kendo had a site called gamesbeta.org, he showed builds of COD 4 and 5, the earlier ones were made using COD 2 and COD 3 assets (menus and engine), also each year they change developers, a year is Infinity Ward, another is Treyarch.
                I am well aware that COD games work on two year cycles, but as I mentioned the point is games come out when the publishers want them to as it basically always has been. So there is planning on making that alternate team cycle work. Just like how Take2/Rockstar allows 4-5 years for a GTA title or Valve just releases games "when they're done" everyone works differently.

You can just simply peg a statement that game development takes longer than it used to. It simply continues to take as long as allowed, as always.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                  You're not getting any brownie points with a signature like that Crow. No-ones trying to single you out or being complete dicks to anyone, you were just informed that asking about percentages isn't very smart because there is no way to measure percentage when working on modifications of an unfinished video game. They're piecing things together, I don't think even they know how long they have left.
                  Now, it is the way people respond to my questions. Saying it is retarded or stupid, means you are the one with the bad attitude, not me. I try to be nice here it doesn't work. I don't know what is wrong with asking a simple question, but people here get so angry, it is unbelievable. It is a question about a game, not a personal attack!

And I like my signature, it is true! And I have changed it before, so it won't be a permanent signature.

Edit: I changed my signature from "The Horror is Alive is full of immature JERKS!" to what it says now. I hope your happy now.
                  Last edited by Black~Crow; 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Fucking yap yap bicker bicker as usual...

Anyway I think that using a percentage for a product that wasn't even finished is a bit silly, you could do if you had a pre-determined plan and knew what 100% was. We don't though so percentages are meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMarshy View Post
                      Fucking yap yap bicker bicker as usual...

Anyway I think that using a percentage for a product that wasn't even finished is a bit silly, you could do if you had a pre-determined plan and knew what 100% was. We don't though so percentages are meaningless.
                      So why are you prolonging this argument? Enough people have expressed they think it is stupid, with their rude comments. To you percentages are meaningless, but if you work at something and say I am about 90% finished, it does tell us they you are almost done. I think too many people are just looking to argue about silly things like percentages. I made my point, you don't agree then move on.

Anyway, people bicker all the time on here. You don't like someone's questions, then DON'T respond to them! My questions weren't offensive, I don't know what people are getting so work up about.
                      Last edited by Black~Crow; 01-08-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Another shitstorm? Can't you guys live without the drama for a month?

Personally, I think calling the era builds by percentages is pretty shitty, which is why I refer to the era builds by event. But using the percentages is fine, as long as you're not using them literally. Furthermore, different developers could have different percentages, because some of them might know in advance what's still going to be added (that others don't), or have a better way of estimating the timeframe left for the missing assets. If you really want to use the percentages and use them as a source, it's preferable to opt for the statements of Kamiya, Shinji Mikami and the rest of the team, in that order.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                          Anyway, people bicker all the time on here. You don't like someone's questions, then DON'T respond to them! My questions weren't offensive, I don't know why people are getting so work up about.
                          I think it's because some people on here like to reply in a very slick and offensive manner. They like to throw shots and jabs when replying to people's comments, like someone replied to you earlier, and everyone else sees it as nothing, but of course the one who it's being directed at takes it offensively, which they by all means should.

Your questions weren't offensive IMO (not that it means anything), you simply asked, and received a reply trying to shut you down, and in a way telling you not to ask a certain type of question for whatever reason. A lot of shots and jabs thrown around daily on here, but I'm used to it. People don't see it until it happens to them, then they get all worked up about it as well.
                          Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

• Oh fuck you black crow, I was trying to come up with a funny/subtle way of saying "calm down". I like healthy discussion and debate not digging into each others necks every fucking minute. I replied with a valid statement, regardless of whether I agree with you not doesn't mean I should fuck off or not reply just to fucking suit you! I wasn't worked up, but I am now because of your attitude.

Comment

• This guy is a real diva, he over reacts about everything and once he's started, he doesn't stop. He's been told to stop insulting Alzaire, but he starts all over again here. Bah...

So yeah, I think asking constantly about percentages is retarded. It's not a personal insult and there's no need to start screaming and jumping around like a kid who's just dropped his lolipop.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMarshy View Post
                                Oh fuck you black crow, I was trying to come up with a funny/subtle way of saying "calm down". I like healthy discussion and debate not digging into each others necks every fucking minute. I replied with a valid statement, regardless of whether I agree with you not doesn't mean I should fuck off or not reply just to fucking suit you! I wasn't worked up, but I am now because of your attitude.
                                You are a nutcase! Who is getter angry now? And why? I just defended myself and now you don't like it. TOO BAD! And people here are nuts when you argue about using percentages? People always use percentages to express how much something is. Really Dumb, what is wrong with the people here.

And this thread should be locked, we don't need it. Mr Bzrok has a youtube channel that has the updates. We can all look at it and forget about this stupid thread.
                                Last edited by Black~Crow; 01-08-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X