Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either way I think have adaptable AI would be cool for the older games. Maybe even having random spawn points in a level would be cool.
    Well they did code a random code generator of sorts, more so in re 3 than 2 though. Capcom probably took it out because of time constraints, and if they were on a tight schedule maybe the tester being unable to complete it may have contributed.

Comment

• I would simply just like to see a randomizer mode similar to RE2 N64, in IGAS's 1.5, where item placement is random and so are the enemies. For example, on one playthrough, a crow could bust through a window. Another time, it could be a zombie or even a manspider. In a mode like this, you'd just never know what to expect next and it would keep the player on their toes and help keep the game fresh on every playthrough. What about it, IGAS?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
        I would simply just like to see a randomizer mode similar to RE2 N64, in IGAS's 1.5, where item placement is random and so are the enemies. For example, on one playthrough, a crow could bust through a window. Another time, it could be a zombie or even a manspider. In a mode like this, you'd just never know what to expect next and it would keep the player on their toes and help keep the game fresh on every playthrough. What about it, IGAS?
        I never knew that! I will have to obtain the 64 version of it then, it's a shame they didn't include that in the gc version!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
          I never knew that! I will have to obtain the 64 version of it then, it's a shame they didn't include that in the gc version!
          That's not what the randomizer does in the N64 version. All it does is make the normal non-special items (ammo, first aid sprays, etc) randomized, but they are still in the exact same places. Just sometimes you will find shotgun shells where a first aid spray should be, or a first aid spray where handgun bullets should be, etc. Nothing too interesting. No enemy placements were changed or randomized at all.

Now, a true randomized version of a RE game would make replay value shoot up incredibly. Randomized items, special items, enemies, events, etc. Imagine the classic RE games with that function, you'd never know what to expect.
          Last edited by Eteponge; 07-04-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• A true randomized in an unlockeable mode when you finish the game, could be epic...
            Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accell View Post
              Oh no, that licker was definitely strafing around Claire's bullets. I guess Capcom thought such behavior made combating them too difficult in the end.
              Yeah.. is it definitely the same model? Looks a little larger (only watched the movie once though). Either way it looks pretty cool to me - A boss-type licker in retail would be neat! (And not just the green lab ones later.. which I completely forget the proper name for)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                That's not what the randomizer does in the N64 version. All it does is make the normal non-special items (ammo, first aid sprays, etc) randomized, but they are still in the exact same places. Just sometimes you will find shotgun shells where a first aid spray should be, or a first aid spray where handgun bullets should be, etc. Nothing too interesting. No enemy placements were changed or randomized at all.

Now, a true randomized version of a RE game would make replay value shoot up incredibly. Randomized items, special items, enemies, events, etc. Imagine the classic RE games with that function, you'd never know what to expect.
                I see....
                Last edited by Ohmycod; 07-04-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Creating an algorithm for that would be pretty difficult though, it would require a lot of thought and planning. Imagine finding the Magnum right at the beginning of the game, or never finding any shotgun shells. It would be interesting and fun to play, but if the algorithm wasn't thought out enough it could make completing the game a problem.

Comment

• I think then that spawn locations for ammo and weapons would have to be predefined and that certain item would be assigned to each spot. The same goes for enemies. Just think of fighting the apes early on on the 1st floor of the RPD.

Heck, an idea is making a Nightmare Mode akin to RE2 for PC/DC. Adds considerable challenge and resource management. They could even make an arrange mode version of it where you start with more powerful weapons and have ammo/aids in the chest.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      [...]/aids in the chest.
                      So the G-Virus wasn't the only virus going rampant in the city? There was also an aids epidemic aswell... now it makes sense why jill was running around with clothes like this.. Otherwise the zombies wouldn't notice her sex appeal.
                      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                        So the G-Virus wasn't the only virus going rampant in the city? There was also an aids epidemic aswell... now it makes sense why jill was running around with clothes like this.. Otherwise the zombies wouldn't notice her sex appeal.
                        they say the T virus was the one who zombified Raccoon city, since RE1, but in hunk cutscene ADA/Claire says "so the rats were the carriers of the virus", its hard to say, but since there was not so much dudes with eyeballs on their arms, the T make the whole distruction.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          they say the T virus was the one who zombified Raccoon city, since RE1, but in hunk cutscene ADA/Claire says "so the rats were the carriers of the virus", its hard to say, but since there was not so much dudes with eyeballs on their arms, the T make the whole distruction.
                          Obviously, you did not understand my post ._.
                          Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                            Obviously, you did not understand my post ._.
                            i did, but it was more of a curious obvservation.

Comment

• Alfred was talking about the ITS XD. Baaahh... Anyway, the fact of Birkin's suitcase ported the G-virus doesn't mean the G was the only virus in he suitcase. Maybe was samples of T and G, and the rats spreads the T virus over the city.
                              Last edited by The_Wes; 07-04-2013, 04:35 PM.
                              Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                                Alfred was talking about the ITS XD. Baaahh... Anyway, the fact of Birkin's suitcase ported the G-virus doesn't mean the G was the only virus in he suitcase. Maybe was samples of T and G, and the rats spreads the T virus over the city.
                                You must not have played re 2 for a while. If you watch the fmv you can clearly see 2 coloured vials. The purple which as Birkin points out is G, and the green which is T.

Comment

Working...
                                X