Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    I know some people wouldn't like this zork because the ugly 1.5 style limbs being so jagged is well.... 1.5, but if it makes your job easier and makes the game look better I'd consider it seriously. Also, Are you guys looking into maybe improving the original capcom rooms in quality but leaving them intact to make them blend in more with you guys' custom rooms?
    Some aspects of the game deserve these kinds of improvements imo. There's a difference between making things look better and making things up entirely. I personally ask the questions, what would 1.5 look like if it was released in January 1998? What would it look like if Capcom gave it the same love and treatment the retail game got?

As long as you're not straight up ripping rooms, or making up enemies for the sake of it, making all the models look nicer and animate smoother while also freeing up memory for other features can only improve the experience. I'd love to see 1.5 Leon with his Knife Sheath at retail or BIO3 quality, don't get me wrong the prototype models are nice and authentic, but at the end of the day it is just a prototype, as long as you keep the texture designs and animations as true as you can to the original it's possible to be faithful and still make these kinds of leaps.

You never know perhaps with simpler meshes and more optimised code they'd be able to have more zombies on screen at once and have smoother action in hectic situstions. Ultimately 1.5 deserves to be made to the kind of quality that Capcom would have been happy with not just making a 1-1 copy of a prototype, and taking inspiration from the retail trials/games is the best and most authentic way to to do it.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• ^

Agreed. Imposing limitations just for the sake of it is pointless; the people who don't like them taking creative liberties should be content with Martin's 1.5 patches. Personally I'd rather play a game that's fully realized and it should be obvious by now that IGAS isn't going all willy-nilly with what they implement; their solutions are things that could have happened with the hardware available and within the general timeframe of the games. And for the minor gameplay improvements that someone could disagree with the option to disable said features will be present.

I think people are going to have more fun playing this than originally thought when they read the news.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
        Some aspects of the game deserve these kinds of improvements imo. There's a difference between making things look better and making things up entirely. I personally ask the questions, what would 1.5 look like if it was released in January 1998? What would it look like if Capcom gave it the same love and treatment the retail game got?

As long as you're not straight up ripping rooms, or making up enemies for the sake of it, making all the models look nicer and animate smoother while also freeing up memory for other features can only improve the experience. I'd love to see 1.5 Leon with his Knife Sheath at retail or BIO3 quality, don't get me wrong the prototype models are nice and authentic, but at the end of the day it is just a prototype, as long as you keep the texture designs and animations as true as you can to the original it's possible to be faithful and still make these kinds of leaps.

You never know perhaps with simpler meshes and more optimised code they'd be able to have more zombies on screen at once and have smoother action in hectic situstions. Ultimately 1.5 deserves to be made to the kind of quality that Capcom would have been happy with not just making a 1-1 copy of a prototype, and taking inspiration from the retail trials/games is the best and most authentic way to to do it.
        Agreed.
        The purists are already as mad as they can be. Might as well go all the way. Not to mention like you said, It's very possible they salvaged 1.5's scenario and improved the character models for it like retail 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
          I personally ask the questions, what would 1.5 look like if it was released in January 1998? What would it look like if Capcom gave it the same love and treatment the retail game got?
          Precisely this.

As I had stated some time ago, the fans seem to be divided into two main groups: those who love BH1.5 the prototype, and those who love BH1.5 the game. I belong to the latter group, and my hope is that IGAS crafts a polished game that falls within the technological confines of the 1990s, yet at the same time, being the best game that it can be. Although some degree of artistic licence is necessary to patch the holes in the game, it is being exercised with respect to the original development team's vision for the game. I truly believe that the final product will represent something close to what might have been, had the project not been rebooted. IGAS is quite fortunate to possess not only a mature build of the prototype, but a plethora of media and information from later builds to help fill in the gaps faithfully. In turn, we the fans are lucky to have a talented and dedicated team to sew it all together into a beautiful tapestry.

Comment

• I almost wonder if IGAS' 1.5 will be better than what CAPCOM could/would have done. Seeing as they are retooling the whole engine to be as uniform and streamlined as possible, it'll probably perform much better.

As for melding the joints, I don't oppose it but I feel it's moving away from what could have been. 1.5 would not have initially done it so I'm torn. Sure it'll look much better but at the same time I feel it will be too different, it'll lose that visual charm. IMO too much is being changed and this project is more mod than it is 1.5. Call it nitpicking, but I am sure some people feel the exact same.

I am still super excited to play it though, just the thought of a fully completed, bug free, and playable 1.5 has me jumping and frothing at the mouth. I want to see what they come up with, new puzzles, boss fights, cutscenes....
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• For me at the end of the day the original developers weren't happy with their production in any shape or form. Everything they did to the game in the retail development they did it for a reason because that's the standards and levels of quality they wanted to attain. I think that's the same attitude that should be applied to 1.5 should it ever be released in some final form, it should be designed to a standard that even Capcom and the original developers would be proud of. In its current state that is something that can't be done, the prototype just doesn't live up to what they would have invisioned, it needs that other years development just like its successor had to make it something that rivals and maybe even surpasses all the other games in its era.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• That's very vague. Try discussing levels of quality when comparing CV and BH3... 1.5 is just closer to RE1 than it is to RE2. It's a different generation that was skipped when they canned the game.

Comment

• Technically speaking RE2 and 1.5 are pretty much the same, only 2 was more refined because time sure pays off. They aren't even that different from 1, but only because this title was developed almost with no optimization strategies. Back to RE2, it wasn't exactly a masterpiece of programming and the technology it uses was pretty much deprecated already in 1998, as other games from the same period were visually way better (say, Parasite Eve or Crash Bandicoot 2).
                  Last edited by Gemini; 02-08-2014, 05:04 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Back to RE2, it wasn't exactly a masterpiece of programming and the technology it uses was pretty much deprecated already in 1998, as other games from the same period were visually way better (say, Parasite Eve or Crash Bandicoot 2).
                    What? Parasite Eve looks better than RE2?

Comment

• Models are fully rigged and the engine is way better optimized. The only problem PE had was with the crappy animations, but overall it was technologically fairly superior in every aspect.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I always thought RE2 looked vastly superior, but looking at these screens made me realize I was right. PE looks ok, but not better than RE2 by any means.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Hm. Is one of the members Canadian? These posters are all over Canada.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F2.large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	403581

Comment

• If they are going to use real world posters, they should at least use real ones from 1998.

Comment

• The new backgrounds are great. They feel very 1.5 with hints of RE3. The camera and angle in the lower left image bothers me a bit though. It's probably just me.

The poster is fine. And her mouth reminds me of Nemesis lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                                Models are fully rigged and the engine is way better optimized. The only problem PE had was with the crappy animations, but overall it was technologically fairly superior in every aspect.
                                Parasite eve is an amazing game one of the best on the ps1 .
                                and parasite eve 2 really pushed the ps1 to the limits.

Comment

Working...
                                X