Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes. 1.5 to 2 has a time when development is stopped and design decision make radical change after new planning.
    first priority of project was to get original codebase and instruction set to stable condition with all data present on primary source build. second was for insert of all content we find and know exist. third is utilize all recorded data and with accuracy create new to replace what is blank in project folder. final is for review of content before decide on polish and optional extra functionality and content.

-make project as accurate our data allow
    -make project as enjoyable our talent allow
    -make project on original hardware for maximal compatibility and accuracy of 90s style.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
      1.5 exists in a few forms from what i understand, and only one is available.

anything not on any of these versions is not part of 1.5.

they added things not on any of these versions.

it is no longer 1.5.

no hypotheticals, no inter-dimensional travel, no opinions. these things are by definition. it does not matter what anyone thinks.
      The fact of the matter is 1.5 was going to face a delay regardless. It's pointless to throw away any proposed ideas simply because it wasn't present in any of the builds as there are countless ways the direction of development to improve the game could have gone.

The IGAS version of the game will retain all concepts originally conceived and improving upon the content to make a great game even if that means adding some not originally there. And IGAS have not shown anything to date that strays too far from the original ideas of 1.5. Most of them have been tweaks to the core gameplay and filling in the holes. Everything else has been Capcom's content.
      Last edited by Graco; 03-07-2014, 02:47 PM.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Take for example the whole fire extinguisher topic from earlier. Although unclear of its true intention, it is quite possible that they wanted to do more of it like its extensive use we theorized. We will never know if it was something more than a special item or a unique, somewhat limited free use key item. IGAS needs to make the decision capcom never got to and decide how it will function.
        Another example is something I brought up before that: the standard arm feature. The menu is organized in a manner that you would have been able to change your standard arm weapon beyond just the knife. No footage was ever shown of other melee weapons. The only lead we have is the dummied out iron pipe menu icon. Let's be honest, if the game was released the standard weapon feature would not have gone beyond the knife. Hence needing to remodel the inventory screen which is probably how we got the retail menu as it is. IGAS will be able to inject additional weapons for use potentially beyond the iron pipe if they want to. I made a hypothesis that another standard arm weapon would have been a stun gun. Do I suggest a stun gun because I think it would be cool? Although I think it would be, that isn't the reason. Like B.Zork posted:
        Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
        yes. 1.5 to 2 has a time when development is stopped and design decision make radical change after new planning.
        first priority of project was to get original codebase and instruction set to stable condition with all data present on primary source build. second was for insert of all content we find and know exist. third is utilize all recorded data and with accuracy create new to replace what is blank in project folder. final is for review of content before decide on polish and optional extra functionality and content.

-make project as accurate our data allow
        -make project as enjoyable our talent allow
        -make project on original hardware for maximal compatibility and accuracy of 90s style.
        I approached it based on proof of the possibility that they wanted to put it in:
        -In the demos and RE2 betas, there a dummied item listed as "air tazer". In retail more than likely became Spark shot.
        -REmake has a stun gun weapon that acts in the equivalent of a proposed standard arm weapon.
        -Outbreak, a game proven to have recycled many elements of 1.5, has a loadable, close ranged stun gun.
        Individually, those factors have no grounding but altogether, seems feasible.

Comment

• They could always do it like in REmake and Zero where the characters hold their waists when severely injured, without necessarily limping.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
            If you have such a problem with it, get off your ass and go make 1.5 from scratch yourself.

I'm waiting.
            Long version: most of the people in the community (or rather, all of them) won't be able to succeed in such a task for oh so many reasons. The very first, and most important, is the lack of technical know-how. Even 1.5->Retail projects will all fail because of that, since they're basically "reskinning" retail to have a bunch of 1.5 assets while everything else still feels and plays as retail (not to mention horrible bugs such as floating zombies - no idea how people can shout "GOOD JOB!" at such crappy hack jobs, unless they ignore the fact on purpose hoping a day it will be fixed, but nevermind). Of course, these projects can claim that they are "close to CAPCOM's vision of 1.5", when they can't be because of the very nature of the engine differing quite a bit. Another factor is that most reproductions created so far (being them single assets or more elaborated things) don't even look subpar to CAPCOM's quality. It's like the usual mod "Leon is replaced by char X". Usefulness? None, unless your expectations are quite low.

Short version: don't bother wasting your time, it won't ever happen.
            Last edited by Gemini; 03-08-2014, 09:19 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              They could always do it like in REmake and Zero where the characters hold their waists when severely injured, without necessarily limping.
              That might be what they were planning on, it would explain why elza and john do that in the complete disc "I know a secret way in" footage

Comment

• ^ I think you'll find the footage shows no such thing. Elza has her hand on her hip, not clutched at her ribs.. John its possible, but I guess its for the cutscene only.

This approach would be the only way to involve limping signs without it effecting the gameplay..
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                  ^ I think you'll find the footage shows no such thing. Elza has her hand on her hip, not clutched at her ribs.. John its possible, but I guess its for the cutscene only.

This approach would be the only way to involve limping signs without it effecting the gameplay..
                  That's....exactly what I meant?? Biostar just said they could put the animation as a hand on the hip as a notifier of damage and thats what the complete disc footage shows.

Comment

• I like the way RE2 and RE3 did it: If the character is in caution, he/she can still run but slightly slower, and when in danger, walking/running speed turns awful, and you have to heal yourself inmediately if you are trying to escape even from a zombie.
                    Outbreak has a similar system, and it actually adds more challenge and realism, if you are severely injured you´re not supossed to be able to move at the same speed as if you were in perfect condition.
                    Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 03-08-2014, 10:06 PM.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Or port it to Dino Crisis 2 dripping blood, then we can have zombie room jumping too, much better than Nemesis / Mr X imo
                      since their's an endless supply of zombies on the street, the lobby should mount up with zombies and they should climb over the counter to attack you whilst your in the office, you could even have zombies rattling the door since their's an endless supply in lobby corridor also.
                      Same goes for helipad crows, they should follow you to the helipad stairs and outdoor A.

Comment

• Why not port it to CryEngine 3 while we're at it?
                        Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                          Why not port it to CryEngine 3 while we're at it?
                          Because it's a 2D game, why I mentioned Dino Crisis 2 instead Dino Crisis 1 which is 3D,
                          Although it'd be interesting to know what the team intends to do with it's remade disregarded 3d room models.
                          Last edited by Mikhail; 03-09-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Hahaha.

Comment

• I dunno about porting the game to DC2's engine, but wouldn't it be easier to just modify the current engine to add in more complex enemy spawn features akin to DC2's? I mean, extensively hacking the 1.5 engine is exactly what IGAS has been doing for who knows how long, so....
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                                If you have such a problem with it, get off your ass and go make 1.5 from scratch yourself.

I'm waiting.
                                meh, i like what i am doing better.

i see they switched the grenade launcher back from retail, that is cool!

@news bot: yeah, you are right, thanks for explaining proper to help clear up my thoughts.

i really should stop nit-picking and wait and see what they do as a whole...

Comment

Working...
                                X