Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-9 months is a long ways off and It won't be that long of a wait. I expect another couple months, but almost a whole more year for a demo is crazy man.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• 6-9 months? I think I am the only one thinking 1 to 2 years from now just for a demo, and another 1 or 2 years after for the full game at least.

Comment

• Well, it was only mid last year that D.Birkin shared he'd managed to get the item USE function and door locks working in game, I assume the means to start development on an actual scenario began then, but even then it seemed like there was more important work to be done. Their main focus has always seemed to be put on making sure the background stuff is working first, like the engine, the battle system, the inventory system, the map system, the main menu system and so forth. However it has still been less than a year since D.Birkin announced he had that capability and there has still been little shown of a build that was that far in development. I don't doubt that they are ready to do scenario work or even that they have, but if they were that close to a demo release I think we'd probably know about it. By winter 2014 it would have been a year and a half since it became apparent they could start doing scenario work, and that seems like a realistic amount of time for a small team such as theirs to get a demo done.

Here are two instances of the map screen shown over the past six months (23rd September and 4th April respectively), the first is probably around a year old, the second is anyone's guess but obviously newer than the last. I actually like the design choice to remove the white boarders, it makes the layout of the building more of a mystery to those who don't know. I guess this is an example of progress over the past year and the levels of thought that is still going into it, much of what we have seen over the past year is clearly not what they'd consider demo quality. Right now I get the impression there is still some development time left yet, perhaps the phrase "when it's done" still applies.

Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
          I actually like the design choice to remove the white boarders, it makes the layout of the building more of a mystery to those who don't know.
          Unless I'm mistaken, the white borders only become visible once you've obtained the 'Map of the Police Station'. Without it, your map will only display the areas that you've already visited.
          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 04-14-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• Makes sense! I should have realised. I guess it's safe to assume the map function is working to a reasonable standard seeing as we now have screens both with and without the map in possession.

Comment

• Things just keep getting more and more interesting! Can't wait to the next update! Keep up the hard work.

"A can of fizz. It's sure to yellow and mellow those things." - Barry Burton

Comment

• What does other data refer to in the memory card screen?
                  sigpic

Comment

• It's save data from other games. Their probably hinting at the fact that their WIP no longer acknowledges RE1 savefiles as 1.5 savefiles.

On another note, previously I asked about the likelyhood of John being a planned playable character during the official development. Since no one seems to be sure I ask this question to B.Zork.
                    If he was playible character and players would have access to 2 handed weapons for him...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Robert Kendo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	403629
                    Wouldn't it be nice for him to have the unique feature over the rest of the cast to shoulder-fire heavier weapons? Everyone else hip-fires and it would be cool to see the gameplay variance: Hip-fire=quicker rate of fire, shoulder-fire=more effective damage dealing.

Comment

• An arrange mode where you could play as John or Marvin would be pretty neat. Could even have Roy as the doomed "Tofu" style joke character.
                      Last edited by Eteponge; 04-18-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• I'm actually curious to find out what happens to Roy, he's story is probably the most intriguing out of all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]9548[/ATTACH]
                          Wouldn't it be nice for him to have the unique feature over the rest of the cast to shoulder-fire heavier weapons? Everyone else hip-fires and it would be cool to see the gameplay variance: Hip-fire=quicker rate of fire, shoulder-fire=more effective damage dealing.
                          With all the recoil it probably wouldn't be exactly useful, plus that pose is kinda special because of the counter, but also because it's shared with the bow gun Kendo gets in Claire's scenario; it's never used anywhere else but for the player's arrival in the shop (NOTE: when zombies break through the front glass, Kendo tries a counter attack move with the shotgun aim pose, both for the shotgun and the bow gun). In other words, it's just CAPCOM being inconsistent with animations rather than a peculiar feature of Kendo's.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• 2700+ likes. Time for another IGAS update. I'm not sure how many more updates they can give before their out of spoiler-free updates.
                            Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 04-19-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• With Roy, I think he'll have very little revealed about him. Most likely you only encounter him twice: once in the interrogation room, and second in the office when he transforms. Sadly he dies early on and he's one of the more interesting things in 1.5.

If the IGAS implements a mini game like 4th Survivor, then have it star Roy and have it tell a back story. Oh how about an unlockable third scenario where in which it's just Roy. Perhaps even show how the chief got injured.

There's so many possibilities that can happen with the project, and at this rate CAPCOM won't do anything. They don't care.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                With Roy, I think he'll have very little revealed about him. Most likely you only encounter him twice: once in the interrogation room, and second in the office when he transforms. Sadly he dies early on and he's one of the more interesting things in 1.5.

If the IGAS implements a mini game like 4th Survivor, then have it star Roy and have it tell a back story. Oh how about an unlockable third scenario where in which it's just Roy. Perhaps even show how the chief got injured.

There's so many possibilities that can happen with the project, and at this rate CAPCOM won't do anything. They don't care.
                                Indeed, that's why Roy's story interests me so much, if there were any side story I'd love it be about him. Perhaps something that explores what happens to the RPD before Elza arrives and tells a little bit of his story before he him self gets bit and John serves him the coupe de grace. Not the best of ends for Roy but it would be great to create a story for him that gives him something heroic. Perhaps Roy played a big part in what happened in the RPD, or perhaps he's just a wimp, who knows? Either way it would be great to learn more of his story.

Comment

Working...
                                X