Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers for the info, B.Zork.

The switch to the SB engine is great news for the project. I only hope that the switch won't nullify too much of the progress made on the original engine.

---

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    Importing all the 1.5 assets to my engine means that proper AI and other pieces of code must be made for the occasion - both of those take quite some time to recreate, especially if the aim is to make the result as close as possible to what exists of the prototype.
    So, all of the authentic 1.5 AI will have to be recreated?

Comment

• If it was Capcom porting 1.5 to another engine we would suffer from 2,25x BGM speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
        So B.Zork, you are saying that if a more complete build were to come along, you would just use it to build upon IGAS's current build?
        unless is a very near final build it maybe always easier to extract asset data from it and retro fit for new engine than to build upon a new build. there may still be many thing to find in a newer build. if memory map change. if new logic for ai is present. if other new event flag layout reveal other path and scenario fact than what already establish and confirmed with data hidden in current builds and media.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        depending on some thing i think port can be better and more accurate word for description than it is to say recreate for this case. i stress that keeping the feels is important but the feels are no good if they somehow not behave same as they should.

Comment

• after reading the recent post im glad they migrated to the new engine, gemini its a great coder for what i see on his videos of his games, im glad TEAM IGAS opened his arms once again an let more people get involved. thanks to both of you, keep this great work.

Comment

• This is by far the best news I've heard since the project started. Capcom didn't want BIO2 to be something poor, they wanted it to be something better and if 1.5 is to be released today it deserves to be made to the best it possibly can. Not on an engine that's flawed and broken, but on an engine that functions and performs to the highest possible standards. This is what the game deserves and I'm glad to see it finally happening!

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
              feels are important. initial test on new engine prove very positive. main problem with original become what gemini say about fix one and break three. make everything fit and not break is like most challenging resident evil puzzle ever made. reason we stick to original engine for so long and not approach a new one is because of the full hardware compatibility for playstation 1. the engine gemini make offer easy compatibility with some tweak on existing work. combine with all knowledge from this many work of hours with original engine it make for possible to keep all the feels of 1.5 too
              Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              I wouldn't worry too much about feeling. Besides missing lag, it still looks like the same game gone polishing 101. I'll ask and see if I can post a brief video with Elza moving around the rooms.
              Thanks for clearing that up! Then I must say it sounds quite exciting! Looking forward to what happens next with the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                From what I can see from the sources there are a number of enemies already coded for action. The files include zombies, crows, and support players. Mix those with my cerberus and zombie altered a bit to account for collision interaction, add recreated baboons (they don't seem to be the most complex enemy ever) and you get the full roster for the RPD. I believe the only other required entities to make the thing on par with the vanilla build should be Birkin Type I, web spinners, and the human spider. They aren't really too many, all things considered.

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                If it was Capcom porting 1.5 to another engine we would suffer from 2,25x BGM speed
                There must be a curse with music or something. I had issues importing the 1.5 tracks this afternoon, but they are fortunately solved already.
                Last edited by Gemini; 01-26-2015, 01:41 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Wow this topic hasn't been this active in months. Demo release eta 2016.

Comment

• I give Gemini and BZork a big thumbs up on this news. Nice work everyone and all the best

Comment

• Testing some lights while setting up the scripts to remangle weapon animations:

The backgrounds should also look better than what was posted on FB ages ago.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates.

Comment

• So what was the update that has everyone so excited? I'm curious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                            So what was the update that has everyone so excited? I'm curious!
                            IGAS is porting their project to Gemini's Squeeze Bomb engine (used in Behind The Mask). Call me optimistic, but it should all be smooth sailing from here. With a reliable and transparent engine, IGAS doesn't have to dick around with trial-and-error developments (one step forward, two steps back).

Comment

• Hey, maybe one day IGAS will release their 'final' build on the original broken engine for curious fans...

Comment

• Glad to see some solid development news. Hopefully the transition won't be too troublesome and work can be quickly resumed where it was left prior.
                                sigpic
                                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Working...
                                X