Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Hey, maybe one day IGAS will release their 'final' build on the original broken engine for curious fans...
    I support this idea 100%. It would give you a good idea how superior the SqueezeBomb engine compared to CAPCOM's. It would also give you a better idea on how the game would work, feel, and look on both.

At first I wasn't in favor of the game being ported, but since it will retain the: animations, AI, environments, and everything we have in the other builds, I support it. Granted the purist in me is against it to some degree, the idea of a trouble free and faster implementation of additional content is great. If this engine makes 1.5 truly shine like never before, then let it be.

EDIT: Also, not to knock IGAS or anything, but Gemini I was wondering how your engine compares to IAGS' modded engine. What I exactly mean is far as the coding and execution goes, it it pretty drastic? Is the engine more stable and robust? I'm a bit curious.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 01-26-2015, 11:19 PM.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Its pointless to play on a broken engine. Why you want to play on that engine when you can play better on Squeeze Bomb? If its simply curiosity of how the final product works in a broken engine, they can show that on a Making of video. But you can make an idea of how it works in MZD build.

By the way, at first i was a bit surprised that Birkin sent all his work to someone who wasnt part of IGAS, (because the Colvin thing) but if they trust on Gemini and that helps with the project, Great!
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Very good news observed. Good luck with the project guys!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          I was wondering how your engine compares to IAGS' modded engine. What I exactly mean is far as the coding and execution goes, it it pretty drastic? Is the engine more stable and robust? I'm a bit curious.
          The drawing core and 3D math modules (the smallest and yet most executed parts of code) have been kept the same across revisions. Given the general lack of optimizations in CAPCOM's old code, I'd say Squeeze Bomb is way faster, almost comparable to RE2.

Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
          By the way, at first i was a bit surprised that Birkin sent all his work to someone who wasnt part of IGAS, (because the Colvin thing) but if they trust on Gemini and that helps with the project, Great!
          I don't have all of it, just the relevant bits. For example, I got access to Sir Lip's renders as PSD projects and parts of the room data I had to manually recompile. You can pretty much see differences with the resulting screenshots producing less jags and looking almost lossless (they are still entirely lossy), but that's also because I have my own playtest environment.

EDIT: Most menu code ported over.

Hard to tell if it's the real 1.5 or not, but it's not. Still trying to convert memory card screen and a few more with different library settings.
          Last edited by Gemini; 01-27-2015, 06:20 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Lol, hope the Leon's photo is provisional Working on your custom engine makes this a some kind of PC fangame or can be still played on PSX like a real 1.5? Are you still using the Vanilla Build as a base? Sorry for too many questions.
            ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• ^PS1 hardware all the way!

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Hard to tell if it's the real 1.5 or not, but it's not.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	NotButter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	403877

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                Working on your custom engine makes this a some kind of PC fangame or can be still played on PSX like a real 1.5? Are you still using the Vanilla Build as a base?
                Still plays as usual on PSX hardware and Vanilla builds are used for reference to get accurate results. What really changed drastically is the core itself: it's smaller, does more stuff, works in consistent modules, and it performs just fine.

Comment

• I still hope you'll leave the option to choose between "classic" and "prototype" animations for the lead characters, as the latest builds dropped those remake animations in favor of the classic ones.

Comment

• will that re4 style proto merc mode that IGAS showed us a few years still be possible now they have switched engines ?
                    not too bothered just curious if this new engine is capable of doing that type of camera angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      The drawing core and 3D math modules (the smallest and yet most executed parts of code) have been kept the same across revisions. Given the general lack of optimizations in CAPCOM's old code, I'd say Squeeze Bomb is way faster, almost comparable to RE2.

I don't have all of it, just the relevant bits. For example, I got access to Sir Lip's renders as PSD projects and parts of the room data I had to manually recompile. You can pretty much see differences with the resulting screenshots producing less jags and looking almost lossless (they are still entirely lossy), but that's also because I have my own playtest environment.

EDIT: Most menu code ported over.

Hard to tell if it's the real 1.5 or not, but it's not. Still trying to convert memory card screen and a few more with different library settings.
                      I'm a little sad the ID doesn't have the manga style artwork

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        Hard to tell if it's the real 1.5 or not, but it's not.
                        Yeah, because 'HIGHT' is spelt correctly. ;)

Comment

• new engine for the game is great.
                          but it's also boring.
                          I expected the link to download the game.
                          the beta at this point and should haver one.
                          is obvious that the team does not hiso a beta.
                          just a delusion for us to be joyful.
                          if there is no link for the beta does not deceive.
                          Sorry for not compartil their joy
                          I only see reality.
                          asta not see a beta am a critic.

Comment

• I looked like a haiku.
                            It sounded like one.
                            Much of work ahead
                            Prepare for butthurt.
                            But if you keep coming
                            Complaining some more
                            Release will be pushed
                            I am not your whore.

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                            will that re4 style proto merc mode that IGAS showed us a few years still be possible now they have switched engines ?
                            not too bothered just curious if this new engine is capable of doing that type of camera angle.
                            Cameras work with eye+target logic. As long as that vector can be altered as necessary any type of camera can be delivered. BTM even featured a free camera mode I used to check on models, which is more or less a similar approach.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 01-27-2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• It's always great to come on and see plenty of pages with the topic thriving with replies again. Anyway, it's good to know that the problems with the original engine are a thing of the past now.

Comment

• Gemini you will go into the resident evil hall of fame if this keeps up.

Comment

Working...
                                X