View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Did we ever figure out the opening scenes? Yo where's newsbot? What does leon think is so freaking great? Helicopter crash? Helicopter leaving?
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

Supposedly it was Leon's reaction to Elza crashing trough the front doors with her bike, and drawing all the zombies' attention to their direction. A.k.a Elza did a very BAAAD thing. This is one of the reasons why I feel so bad Capcom never finished this version: I really wanted to see what happened in this scene.

He just found out the game was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Supposedly it was Leon's reaction to Elza crashing trough the front doors with her bike, and drawing all the zombies' attention to their direction. A.k.a Elza did a very BAAAD thing. This is one of the reasons why I feel so bad Capcom never finished this version: I really wanted to see what happened in this scene.
    That was my third guess.
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

It's most likely the bike incident. To what I believe, Leon witnesses the event and goes and reports it to Irons, and heads down to the lobby to investigate, where the zombies come through the shutters.

Also, in the 40%, when you're in the E-train as Leon...I'm figuring that sherry and john are NOT supposed to be in there even though they are? its possible, we have a cutscene where leon sees sherry. Very exciting that confirmation was.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Happy New Year Folks!
    Have fun playing as Sherry at the orphanage in the upcoming remake.

Im confident the intro in re3 with jill backing away from zombies on the left, right and behind paths-forcing her to ram through that door was a witty,scaled down recreation of the opening in 1.5 with the door Jills busting through being the font door Elza's breaking down of the RPD station with her bike.
    Name:  4.png
Views: 1267
Size:  574.5 KB
    Last edited by NEOMEGA; 01-22-2019 at 08:54 PM.

The remake was amazing but just makes me want the gemigas 1.5 more.

Things in the remake taken from 1.5:

Annette is less batshit, and helps.
    Shutters.
    Ada's outfit kind of ish but not really. The concept may have been post 1.5
    The elza costume obviously
    Grenades
    More realistic RPD
    Expanded Marvin
    Expanded Sewers.
    Zombies in the jail, arms sticking out.
    Bigger jail.
    Bathrooms

Just my thoughts, i know some is stretching. Feel free to add what i missed
    Last edited by Darkness; 02-01-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Mad Jackal

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post

Things in the remake taken from 1.5:

Annette is less batshit, and helps.
    Shutters.
    Ada's outfit kind of ish but not really. The concept may have been post 1.5
    The elza costume obviously
    Grenades
    More realistic RPD
    Expanded Marvin
    Expanded Sewers.
    Zombies in the jail, arms sticking out.
    Bigger jail.
    Bathrooms

Just my thoughts, i know some is stretching. Feel free to add what i missed
    Also clothing being damaged as the character is.

Ada's costume is taken from early retail concept art.

Also, while similar, the basement has been completely redesigned and now shares more features of 1.5 than any segment of the game. For example, the square and hectically parked carpark, the 4 lane shooting range, the lights off and lights on power variantion, the yellow wall colour, the shutter, the jail cells (as you mentioned). Also, unlike retail, we also have a crashed truck involving Ada, coincidentally a burning truck, not in the same scenario as 1.5 but something that actually existed in 1.5 and not retail (non the less).

The RPD is based on a mix between early concept art and retail. The basement is more 1.5 in concept, and the last two segments of the game are pretty much brand new. However the sewers also has much of a 1.5 look to it as well, such as the control room overlooking the water tank for example.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
    Also clothing being damaged as the character is.
    No enviromental 1.5 costumes though for the lab fire & freezer, missed opportunity imo, could of even had the plants
    needing a gasmask like Dino Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Me too. But Gemini is busied with the fixes for RE1,2 and 3 for PC since long time. I have already lost all hope of seeing that project finished. It is more likely that we will see the remake of RE3 before the finished 1.5
    ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

If you were you going to bake a cake, and this cake was to be the grandest of all cakes, you wouldn't present the first cake you baked. You would understand the recipe and method, you would practice multiple times, you would have failures and you would have successes, and eventually you would know enough about baking this cake to present it everyone so everyone would enjoy it. Yes you might have to wait, but boy will this cake be worth waiting for.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    If you were you going to bake a cake, and this cake was to be the grandest of all cakes, you wouldn't present the first cake you baked. You would understand the recipe and method, you would practice multiple times, you would have failures and you would have successes, and eventually you would know enough about baking this cake to present it everyone so everyone would enjoy it. Yes you might have to wait, but boy will this cake be worth waiting for.
    I know he smokes, but I don't think he's touched space cakes yet

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    Great story. The fact is that this cake has stopped cooking for quite some time and I can't wait all my life to eat it. There are other foods to try.

See ya guys, it's been a pleasure to meet ya!
    ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Quote Originally Posted by Unmasked View Post
    Great story. The fact is that this cake has stopped cooking for quite some time and I can't wait all my life to eat it. There are other foods to try.

See ya guys, it's been a pleasure to meet ya!
    That's the best way to think about it, and I'll see you at the party! Whenever it is, I'll make sure to save you a slice of cake!

1.5 is just an enigma of a game, it shouldn't be an obsession you keep daily reminders for. Sometimes we wait ten years or more for games in development hell by actual teams of professional devs with large wallets who's full time job it is to actually make that game, and they get pushed out and tank.

Imagine a small team of individual people with no funding, who have education, real life jobs, careers, family, health, and they have to communicate over the internet in different time zones, all on top of everything else they do or have to deal with in their life that might delay things between them as a team.

It's been 7 years, that is a long time, but when you're working with a broken piece of crap of a game while at the same time developing specifically for that platform trying to do literally the impossible by pleasing everyone, this isn't something that's gonna happen over night, more like a decade.

Look at the community patches, no offence anyone, but they haven't even got masks working properly in that same 7 years, that puts into perspective how difficult it is to make something that barely resembles a final product, let alone something that actually is one.

Let's just go by the assumption that the more time we wait, the better final product we're gonna get. Unlike a real studio there is no deadline at all and that's a good thing, because people can keep working and learning until it's perfect, or even surpasses anything that's ever been released on that platform.

And judging by the progress of others, even an alternative group of people haven't produced anything other than an interactive hypothetical museum.

When it's done. Live your life and it will come faster.
    Last edited by geluda; 02-12-2019 at 08:56 PM.

i have finished the Remake quite some times and i loved it.

now i want to play the 1.5 more than ever.

i have always have this thought in my mind, every time there is something about Gemini not working on the project we say that its a project he its not earning money and doing it for free and he has a life and job and BLA BLA BLA, but what would happen if he gets paid for that? i KNOW that could make problems because he its making benefits from the game and capcom could strike but lets make this clear, if we pay him for finishing the game not for the game itself, could that change something? he its modding the PC releases of resident 1 and 2 so in a matter of speaking he is doing something of the same with 1.5 and it has no problems thus far.

what i mean its, he will not sell the game and will not make profit from it because it will be free for all who gets it when its done and that its the final goal of all this project but what we will pay its for his TIME.

if any one interested in the project donate 2 dollars per month maybe we could rise 200 dollars i know its not much but a least we could give him the resources to put much more time on the project.

and i said this again PAYING FOR HIS TIME not for the game.

i would gladly pay por his time if this means a quicker release, i know he has a petreon page and that i can join and do that what im asking but that its for his fixes for the PC ports that i DONīT CARE AT ALL in fact that releases are for me useless i prefer to play them on my old PSX or buy it digital on my ps3 or ps4.

i will pay for his time on the project, dont take my words the wrong way i just want this to be playable like all of us and i dont see problem with paying for that.

Thread Information