Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah John's model looks quite different to the RE2 one, that pretty much gives it away that it's legit.

But I would still love something completely new shown soon..
    Last edited by Darkside05; 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      I don't doubt that the pictures are legit, but I don't really understand either why the modded pictures are so small?
      Why would they even need to be bigger? That's the PlayStation natural resolution, 320x240. Actually, in some cases it can even get smaller, like here:

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• The reason people are being skeptical because whilst it may be hard it is not impossible to replicate on the PC version with mods. As far as I'm aware its easier than editing a PSX iso, anyway.
        I am actually not too hopeful that this will be released but only time will tell, words cannot amass how much myself and likewise the community have been waiting for this release.

Comment

• Isn't John's model very similar to Barry/Chris from RE1? Maybe that's where it came from?

Comment

• Elza in the editor wearing armor only accessible from the game files should be a solid indicator this is legit.

Comment

• Elza in an editor that isn't Capcom's own should show the ability these guys have. If anything, it shows it's a fake as much as it shows it's real.

Comment

• Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                Elza in an editor that isn't Capcom's own should show the ability these guys have. If anything, it shows it's a fake as much as it shows it's real.
                Not to mention, why would an RDT Editor be used to view character model files when anyone with the least bit of knowledge of RE's file formats would know that RE has always used EMD's for the playable character models and enemies since RE1. Why would Capcom change this from RE1 if the final RE2 stuck with this very same file format system? RDT files to my knowledge only hold camera and boundary data, not fully textured character models.

Also where did this "RDT Editor" even come from? Clearly isn't a tool made by Markgrass or any other well known tool wizard..

This all still seems very fishy to me and would definitely advise you all to take everything with a grain of salt..
                Last edited by VirusPunk; 06-20-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• This really could go either way. Based on the evidence, and how we're seeing some exclusive backgrounds (helipad and warehouse) for the first time at their natural resolution, I am leaning more towards legit.
                  Last edited by doriantoki; 06-20-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                    Also where did this "RDT Editor" even come from? Clearly isn't a tool made by Markgrass or any other well known tool wizard..
                    From what I could see aeons ago about RE hacking, these "tool wizards" sure didn't do wonders for their works as most of the editors look very limited, buggy, and probably only support two versions of the data formats (namely: RE2 BETA 2 and RE2 GOLD). In particular, the room editors can't expand a single file so that they can hold more data about text, boundary boxes, 2D masks, etc. No wonder an "RDT editor" has surfaced with the ideal aim of overcoming these annoying limitations; at least it shows some quality the average RE2 hacks lack. I would call this necessary evolution.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 06-20-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• You obviously haven't been to Resident Evil 123 forums. RE hacking tools have come a long way, and the only RDT Editor in existence is Markgrass' Biofat. There are a few on the fly editors out there, but a simple Google search, not to mention everyone at Resident Evil 123 forums are unfamiliar with this "RDT Editor".

Plus you are overlooking the fact that RDT is ROOM data, it has nothing to do with playable character PLD's or RE1's EMD's...

Why in the hell would a program called RDT Editor even show the verts and polys of the model let alone let someone view the model anyway? The only thing close to something like this is EMD Viewer for RE1 created by a guy named Leo that lets you edit RE1 character and enemy models on the fly.

Comment

You obviously haven't been to Resident Evil 123 forums. RE hacking tools have come a long way, and the only RDT Editor in existence is Markgrass' Biofat. There are a few on the fly editors out there, but a simple Google search, not to mention everyone at Resident Evil 123 forums are unfamiliar with this "RDT Editor".
                        I can't remember BIO2FAT decompiling and recompiling expanded data in a room. Did I miss something? 'cause I'm sure I have the latest version of that in one of my folders.

Why in the hell would a program called RDT Editor even show the verts and polys of the model let alone let someone view the model anyway?
                        Testing purposes for the 1.5 formats, maybe? Also, from what I recall, RDT data definitively contains EMD meshes in one of the segments, so it could be a generic loader for both.

Comment

• Far as I know, you cannot import Chris/Barry models from RE1 into RE2 (as in wireframe, not skin)

Comment

Why in the hell would a program called RDT Editor even show the verts and polys of the model let alone let someone view the model anyway?
                            I dunno ... could it be for previewing/positioning 3D objects inside an RDT's given environment or is that also "impossible" according to these seemingly (un?)written laws of Resident Evil modifications?

Of course, nice catch on "RDT Editor" showing non-room stuff, though. Further reason to either doubt the authenticity of this or bump the expectations regarding the capacity and talent of whoever's supposedly doing it.
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 06-20-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Gemini:

Because Bio2Fat is fairly old now. You need the universal Biofat for all RE games which is available on those RE modding forums. There have been plenty of mods where people have completely changed camera placements, boundaries, text, background images and hell even animations! We have crimson heads in RE2 now thanks to these awesome tools. I have done my fair share of modding so I know what I'm talking about, in fact I was the one that released "Crimson Heads for RE2" on the Resident Evil 123 modding community.

Almost everything Dominion from Dark Biohazard has done in the past can all be accomplished now. Which supports my reasons to believe that this is bullshit even further.

I have extracted and repacked RDT's before, and never did I find any EMD's unless I was missing something? The RDT's only contain data that relates to either an enemy or a AI partner if applicable which references said EMD. But the PLD's and EMD's themselves are stored in completely different folders than where the RDT files are located.

We also do not yet have a working character or enemy model viewer for RE2 besides the one included on the PC version of RE2, only one for RE1. Where did these fellows gain the knowledge to code such a viewer for a game that hasn't seen the light of day ever? EMD Viewer for RE1 by Leo is not compatible with any other RE games as of yet due to differences in the way models are setup for each of the 3 RE games. So how in the hell would an "RDT Editor" *cough* EMD Viewer*cough* for 1.5 even surface from when it has taken us several years to crack these file formats for for all 3 RE games on the PC? Let alone one that works for a PS1 game? My only guess is these gentlemen had RE1.5 for several years now, coded a model viewer / room editor, for whatever reasons named it "RDT Editor" instead of just "Resident Evil 2 Prototype Editor" and kept it for themselves.

Also that RDT Editor interface looks awfully similar to the Milkshape 3D interface, being that it shows the 3D poly count and the render-er is blue, hmmm. Also keep in mind Milkshape is the ONLY program that can open RE2 character and enemy mesh files without any real additional editors or converters. Only that you still need to get your EMD's to TMD which is VERY simple to do and Enrico Marini has been doing it for 10 years now.

Honestly folks, it isn't that hard to create an exact replica of Elza using the various 1.5 images we currently have as references. PS1 style graphics are incredibly easy to spoof in today's age.

Comment

• I think whoever has the game should prove to the community with a video. But then again, he probably thinks he doesn't have to (that's of course, isn't spoofing us)

Comment

Working...
                                X