Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are alive, but I hope they never release the game such l rendition of The Second Malformation of G Beta from BH2 BETA 2, instead using the one that was added to the malformations.rar found in the forum. I almost cry when I hear the beginning on the basement, but when the song continued, I muted the video. It sounds... cheesy... or something. But glad they added the grenade launcher

Is a daikiri on the table? O.o
    Last edited by STARSRedfield; 11-07-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      It looks good, I know we won't be getting spoiled much else until release, but I'm still patiently waiting, anyone who doesn't want to play this is crazy because you know it's gonna be good, a new classic RE.
      It's the best we can hope for right now. A new old school Resident Evil after all this years. This hypes me more than any RE2 Remake.
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
        It's the best we can hope for right now. A new old school Resident Evil after all this years. This hypes me more than any RE2 Remake.
        At this point I think Squeeze Bomb excites me more at this point than 1.5 it's self. Obviously it depends on his intentions, but for all intents and purposes he's built from scratch an engine and set of development tools to make any kind of old school survival horror game people could imagine. And the good thing is it's his IP, once completed he could do anything he wants with it, including giving it a makeover and selling it to the public as a development framework for people to make their own games. That's an exciting idea.

I've been AWOL from here for roughly three years and to be honest the time has flew by and my lust for 1.5 has deadened. I'm still curious and I still consider it a lost work of art, but af far as playing it goes or seeing it complete, it will be nice and a sigh of relief but I'm at ease with them taking their time, if we don't see it till 2020 then so be it.

What fascinates me now is that people are kind of emulating what Capcom did 20 years ago, they're stuck with the same material, they're facing the same problems, they've created new artwork, they've come up with their own solutions, it's like walking in the footsteps of the original team. I just think that's great, that despite being a 20 year old and obsolete format, people out there are still working on this art on a professional level and keeping it alive.

1.5 is a beauty, but I think the passion and dedication to keeping this genre alive is so much more satisfying.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-11-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
          At this point I think Squeeze Bomb excites me more at this point than 1.5 it's self. Obviously it depends on his intentions, but for all intents and purposes he's built from scratch an engine and set of development tools to make any kind of old school survival horror game people could imagine. And the good thing is it's his IP, once completed he could do anything he wants with it, including giving it a makeover and selling it to the public as a development framework for people to make their own games. That's an exciting idea.

I've been AWOL from here for roughly three years and to be honest the time has flew by and my lust for 1.5 has deadened. I'm still curious and I still consider it a lost work of art, but af far as playing it goes or seeing it complete, it will be nice and a sigh of relief but I'm at ease with them taking their time, if we don't see it till 2020 then so be it.

What fascinates me now is that people are kind of emulating what Capcom did 20 years ago, they're stuck with the same material, they're facing the same problems, they've created new artwork, they've come up with their own solutions, it's like walking in the footsteps of the original team. I just think that's great, that despite being a 20 year old and obsolete format, people out there are still working on this art on a professional level and keeping it alive.

1.5 is a beauty, but I think the passion and dedication to keeping this genre alive is so much more satisfying.
          Wonder if they could make a Dino Crisis game with Squeeze Bomb engine.
          It's a shame no other developers are not using it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
            Wonder if they could make a Dino Crisis game with Squeeze Bomb engine.
            It's a shame no other developers are not using it.
            I'm sure they could; insert Regina, some dinosaurs, some jungle backgrounds, the tools are all there to do it. I think Squeeze Bomb needs to achieve its own feat of success before moving on, but I'm sure in the future other developers would get the opportunity to use it, especially if it's marketed as a professional engine for indie game developers. I mean it even has over the shoulder 3rd person capabilities, things that didn't even exist in the original games, so people could probably make Silent Hill type stuff with their own tweaks and personal touch on the engine's code and scripting, so already it's a framework that developers could work with in a multitude of ways. And the fact that it was inspired by and built for ("Behind the Mask") Biohazard 1.5 makes it all the more special, its mysterious and massively privelaged, and I love that.

I'm preoccupied with other things at the minute, so this is something for me to come back to, but there's not a lot left for us to do, I mean the thing is out there, it's been data mined to pieces, the chase is over, so I'm content with the silence and the pace of apparent work, it's in the right hands and if we get a finished product at the end of it then all of the 20 plus years people have been waiting will all be worth it. And if afterwards he decides to share Squeeze Bomb it's just the beginning for a whole new future of survival horror and other genres of creativity that can come from the blood, sweat, tears and money of every passionate member of this community.

Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              I think Squeeze Bomb needs to achieve its own feat of success before moving on, but I'm sure in the future other developers would get the opportunity to use it, especially if it's marketed as a professional engine for indie game developers. I mean it even has over the shoulder 3rd person capabilities, things that didn't even exist in the original games, so people could probably make Silent Hill type stuff with their own tweaks and personal touch on the engine's code and scripting, so already it's a framework that developers could work with in a multitude of ways. And the fact that it was inspired by and built for ("Behind the Mask") Biohazard 1.5 makes it all the more special, its mysterious and massively privelaged, and I love that..
              You're right, Imagine having RETRO games for the XBOX - PSN marketplace, without having issues with CAPCOM, since isn't their old engine. Works of fans by sharing their own perception of the games... RESIDENT EVIL/BIOHAZARD, DINO CRISIS, etc... I don't know, just my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                You're right, Imagine having RETRO games for the XBOX - PSN marketplace, without having issues with CAPCOM, since isn't their old engine. Works of fans by sharing their own perception of the games... RESIDENT EVIL/BIOHAZARD, DINO CRISIS, etc... I don't know, just my opinion
                The fans still wouldn't be able to use those brandings legally. Their commercial use by non-CAPCOM entities would be a breach of copyright. The fans would have to come up with something of their own.

Comment

• Hey I made a new game called industrial evil its totally a unique idea - fans

Comment

• Just to talk about something 1.5 related, Do you guys think that we will see another official build leaked someday? The most completed by Capcom or the earliest, who knows. I keep my faith in that, even if we have to wait another decade for it

But after all that happened with the scamers and the leaks i think its going to be harder than before...
                    I know Gemini's work is going to be more stable and completed. But i want to play them by myself someday, just for curiosity.

Comment

• It’s hard to say. The completed IGAS version of the game will satisfy the desire of fans wanting to play the definitive 1.5 experience. I imagine that will lower the demand for the other builds considerably except amongst collectors, and I don’t believe they’re going to be very willing to sacrifice their investment. On the other hand, the vanilla 40% build was sold on eBay several months after the “MZD” build was leaked online by someone who wanted to be the first to cash-in.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                        It’s hard to say. The completed IGAS version of the game will satisfy the desire of fans wanting to play the definitive 1.5 experience. I imagine that will lower the demand for the other builds considerably except amongst collectors, and I don’t believe they’re going to be very willing to sacrifice their investment. On the other hand, the vanilla 40% build was sold on eBay several months after the “MZD” build was leaked online by someone who wanted to be the first to cash-in.
                        That's pretty much how I got the vanilla build. The owner of that disc is a THIA member and I was e-mailed a dropbox link to the file.
                        Last edited by Zombie_X; 12-14-2017, 10:34 AM.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Any hope for something playable this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                            Any hope for something playable this year?
                            I doubt it, there were no updates on Christmas or New Year, maybe on the 20th anniversary of RE2 show something but I do not think it's something playable.
                            Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• 21 January 1998

21 January 2018

Come on IGAS, now's your chance to capitalise on the hype...

Comment

• Would be amazing to have the RPD Demo , but I doubt we will hear or see much this year , might see a couple of screenshots but that's it I think and maybe another little video for this years Halloween.

Hope we see some RE2 remake footage this year from Capcom or an announcement for Revelations 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X