Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
    So, they are used as item box and save machines. Great!
    There are three types of box: baggage boxes for just placing items, save boxes which also let you save, and a yet-to-be-revealed type with a special function and all the previous.
    Last edited by Gemini; 02-06-2016, 07:13 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      There are three types of box: baggage boxes for just placing items, save boxes which also let you save, and a yet-to-be-revealed type with a special function and all the previous.
      That's great. I imagine one of these will be the brown ones that we already saw in the previous realesed builds. I imagine what special features will have the third one but im sure i will get surprised when the demo comes out. Good job Gemini
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

I still haven't finished porting the save screen, but it will be included and you should be able to use cleared games to progress in a later demo or the complete game.
        I really like this idea. :3

Hey Gem, do you have any cool cheat codes in your dev build that you like to play around with?

Comment

I still haven't finished porting the save screen, but it will be included and you should be able to use cleared games to progress in a later demo or the complete game.
          That's interesting, the game might be kind of episodic until the full release then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            That's interesting, the game might be kind of episodic until the full release then?
            Maybe by zones. That will make the wait less tedious. At least i will be calm until the full game is realesed

Comment

• Multiple types of boxes? Hm, sounds like someone took influence from Dino Crisis.

Still odd how PS1 memory cards are used for saves, it would have been a better idea to use floppy discs, then you could have a computer screen as the save background/load screen. Having a PS1 card as a save item just seems off.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I imagine what special features will have the third one but im sure i will get surprised when the demo comes out. Good job Gemini
                The third type actually appears much later in game for a very specific reason. It's pretty much a decent mean to fill a gigantic gap in one of the 1.5 mechanics, and it also gives a nice twist to how you manage the aspect related to these boxes. In other words, you won't only have to keep track of all your ammo, but also something else.

Originally posted by Northman View Post
                Hey Gem, do you have any cool cheat codes in your dev build that you like to play around with?
                You mean what debug feature I use the most? The light editor, I abuse that to get perfect previews and later adjust values in the editor.

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                It could be, depends entirely on how long it takes to create the RPD demo. If the whole scripting isn't as tedious as in this phase, where we are literally building all the necessary aspects related to development, we may never create a second and/or third demo. The idea actually came from some brain storming about public feedback, kinda like the coliseum served to check reactions to the engine change. It gives people something to play without spoiling too much and it also quenches the thirst of those wanting to try it out.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                Multiple types of boxes? Hm, sounds like someone took influence from Dino Crisis.
                That's what 1.5 originally did, so it's more like the other way around. The DC series, especially episode 2, does borrow a number of immediately recognizable features.

Still odd how PS1 memory cards are used for saves, it would have been a better idea to use floppy discs, then you could have a computer screen as the save background/load screen. Having a PS1 card as a save item just seems off.
                Gotta ask CAPCOM why they chose memory cards in the first place. Floppies wouldn't be a good idea, since the story actually gives you access to way better medias in general. I guess they wanted to pay Sony homage.

Comment

• CDs would be a better recording media then floppy that would be true to the timeline. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Man Gemini you got me on the third item box. I imagined his functions being saving, item box and locker to change clothes but now you said that and im confused. And that's good, because i want to be surprised. Your reply also reminded me to those item box from survivor mode on Remake.

Comment

• The only think I don't like about these multiple item boxes (such as saving at one)is, will make the game too easy / easier?

Could you perhaps add an option to turn these off in the Options menu (basic item box VS multiple ones) or maybe remove them when playing on Hard Mode or something?

How exactly would they work in-game..
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                        The only think I don't like about these multiple item boxes (such as saving at one)is, will make the game too easy / easier?

Could you perhaps add an option to turn these off in the Options menu (basic item box VS multiple ones) or maybe remove them when playing on Hard Mode or something?

How exactly would they work in-game..
                        Not so easy. For saving your game you probably still need those Memory Card items. Without them is like not having Ink Ribbons. And for Items its the same as retail games but both features focused in one place. Not more easy but more confortable. You can save those Memory Card items in the same Box you saved your game.
                        Last edited by Unmasked; 02-08-2016, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Rather than making the game easier for the players, I think it's supposed to make development and planning easier for the developers. These item and save boxes can practically be placed anywhere, so that gives Gemini and co. more flexibility in planning and adjusting things like supply/key item/enemy placement, and ultimately the difficulty of the game.
                          Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-08-2016, 06:14 AM.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

Not so easy. For saving your game you probably still need those Memory Card items. Without them is like not having Ink Ribbons. And for Items its the same as retail games but both features focused in one place.
                            Save boxes work exactly like that, you need Memory Cards to activate the save menu. The only way the make the game easier is by having two functions on the same trigger, but it's not like every single box lets you save.

Comment

I bet it will be weapons upgrading system!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                                I bet it will be weapons upgrading system!!!
                                wow that'd be cool

Comment

Working...
                                X