Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny many years ago Bzork said something about eventually doing a PC version and I figured it might be a good idea to just do it for PC. Well now the team will have a much better set of development tools thus making the process much smoother.

On another note I would love so much to join this Discord server since it might have some interesting talks about 1.5 lore!

Comment

• I think this change is much better, the PC offers much more to do that kind of thing, I would like to join that Discord server to see the conversations about 1.5
      Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• This announcement is a wet fart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
          This announcement is a wet fart.
          Yeah, I was overhyped to when I read big announcement 25th jan.
          sigpic

Comment

• I mean. It's good to know its not dead, so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
              This announcement is a wet fart.
              It is, but it's not like I'm riding a hype train.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• So if it's PC only now has any development been made at all for this PC version ?

Comment

• PlayStation GPU/GTE has been simulated pretty much closely (will probably allow stuff like HD upscales like in RE2/3 SHDP), audio libraries via XAudio2 have a counterpart too, PlayStation task scheduler ported as well, input can do fancy stuff with DualShock 4's colored led being actively used to show current health, etc. Basically all the hard stuff of porting from the original hardware has been taken care of already thanks to side projects. Thanks Dino Crisis 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    PlayStation GPU/GTE has been simulated pretty much closely (will probably allow stuff like HD upscales like in RE2/3 SHDP), audio libraries via XAudio2 have a counterpart too, PlayStation task scheduler ported as well, input can do fancy stuff with DualShock 4's colored led being actively used to show current health, etc. Basically all the hard stuff of porting from the original hardware has been taken care of already thanks to side projects. Thanks Dino Crisis 2.
                    Did you upload any progress screenshot maybe on Discord last year?

Could I get an Invite to discord?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      PlayStation GPU/GTE has been simulated pretty much closely (will probably allow stuff like HD upscales like in RE2/3 SHDP), audio libraries via XAudio2 have a counterpart too, PlayStation task scheduler ported as well, input can do fancy stuff with DualShock 4's colored led being actively used to show current health, etc. Basically all the hard stuff of porting from the original hardware has been taken care of already thanks to side projects. Thanks Dino Crisis 2.
                      Oh cool thanks for the reply , I have been following all the recent Dino Crisis updates you did on Twitter as well.

Hope we can see some screenshots in a few months down the line.

Comment

• Welp this thread is active again HELL YES!

Comment

• While I'm happy that we have confirmation that the project is still going, I am pretty disappointed it's only going to be PC now. I can't even being to explain how pumped I was to be able to play it on original hardware, and now that hype has been curbed. I still can't wait to play the game once it's done and will probably play it many times over, but never having a finished copy on PS1 is a bummer. I at least hope IGAS will release their last PS1 build when the full game is completed so the work they did on the PS1 version isn't wasted.

Now with it being PC only, many more options open up for the game. Like increased resolution and performance. Heck, even higher quality assets. That it unless IGAS will keep it as faithful as possible to the PS1 version. Only time will tell. Thanks for the update Gemini!
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• To.be honest, im.very sad about being a pc port only, this kills my will to play this project, like many people out there i really wanted to play on real.hardware and to fully feel the classic gameplay, i.understand that many will play it on pc and where the mayority of people plays its where will land, but its a wrong move.
                            Once again this will feel like a fan game more than a restoration, like many agree im.one of many who dont agree, i dont have the right to demand nothing and.IGAS has nothing to give neither, but then again THIS KILLED THE PROJECT FOR ME, yes im a psx hardware guy I hate emulated shit.

Comment

• Oh man, me thinks you should've just gone the PC route from the beginning...

So now that we're here, I have to ask, which operating systems will be supported/targeted? Since you're still developing the game, and some things are still not set in stone, I would humbly like to request at this time that would you please also include a software renderer (unaccelerated graphics), or compile a build against some older versions of DirectX, while also targeting, at the minimum, at least Windows XP and a number of older graphics chips. Also, will there be a version for Linux?

I'm requesting this, because my current fleet of Internet battle stations are slighty older Thinkpads, with not so up-to-date GFX chips in 'em (Intel HD 4000 and such). If you're still going to retain the Playstation 1-style graphics from 20 years ago, it's kinda retarded that you'd need the latest GFX chips and a Gig of VRAM to run what ultimately shouldn't be that taxing on the hardware. So basically, don't get all retarded with the system requirements, when you obviously shouldn't have to, so that we don't end up with a situation similar to GZDoom, where a game from 1994 is suddenly asking your machine to support the latest pixel shader overlay mipmap processing thingies, or else it throws a tantrum and won't run.

Please consider owners of older hardware too. I beseech thee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                                So now that we're here, I have to ask, which operating systems will be supported/targeted? Since you're still developing the game, and some things are still not set in stone, I would humbly like to request at this time that would you please also include a software renderer (unaccelerated graphics), or compile a build against some older versions of DirectX, while also targeting, at the minimum, at least Windows XP and a number of older graphics chips. Also, will there be a version for Linux?
                                I'm targeting low-mid specs. If you can run the Resident Evil PC ports, you will be able to run this as well, since most of the libs I came up with are recycled from Classic REbirth. As for extremely deprecated hardware and software, I don't intend to frustrate myself with any of that because otherwise I would have kept using a PlayStation. Debugging old hardware or OS sucks and would drag development for no good reason (i.e. I don't intend to build a WinXP machine to see if it still works on that wreck), plus it would cripple the game to use extremely deprecrated libs that barely work in optimal conditions.

I'm requesting this, because my current fleet of Internet battle stations are slighty older Thinkpads, with not so up-to-date GFX chips in 'em (Intel HD 4000 and such). If you're still going to retain the Playstation 1-style graphics from 20 years ago, it's kinda retarded that you'd need the latest GFX chips and a Gig of VRAM to run what ultimately shouldn't be that taxing on the hardware. So basically, don't get all retarded with the system requirements, when you obviously shouldn't have to, so that we don't end up with a situation similar to GZDoom, where a game from 1994 is suddenly asking your machine to support the latest pixel shader overlay mipmap processing thingies, or else it throws a tantrum and won't run.
                                Currently my pixel shaders require shader version 3.0 (support came with DirectX 9.0c), so even hardware from 2004-2007 should be capable of running this just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X