View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

    45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

    22 32.84%
Page 1047 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 4754794799710371038103910401041104210431044104510461047
Results 20,921 to 20,937 of 20937

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

  1. #20921
    #45 Soldier Majini geluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flak Master View Post
    Thing is, let's say that Capcom decided to produce RE3Make as an expansion to RE2Make considering the assets the games shared. Yeah, it's only at the beginning, but the original series has issues with small details like the window not being broken in the event that Nemesis decides to chase you through that stairwell room. Or the doors being bolted up. I figure that, if they do that, how much longer would it be before Gemini and Team IGAS (if they're even involved in any capacity at this point) are in the clear, especially with how draconian Nintendo has got recently. I mean, I know Nintendo is being Nintendo, but someone described the situation with emulation, hacking, and the whole distribution scene in a GBATemp post I read earlier today as the cat now being aware of the mouse, with SX OS (which admittedly is a controversial item in and of itself, to be fair) videos being taken down off of Youtube, and it not just being like, 1 or 2 channels that are affected.

    I have a REALLY bad feeling that we're coming to an end of an era when it comes to the emulation/homebrew community, though. I can only imagine other companies following in Nintendo's footsteps as they take everything down with no plans to re-release the content being distributed. For example, take the Capcom game Warzard/Red Earth: I do not know of a home port of any kind for the game, and I doubt Capcom will ever re-release the game again given how obscure it is. (hell, I didn't know who Tessa was in SNK Vs. Capcom, in what was already a game that I personally found inferior to the CvS duology) Marvel Vs. Capcom? How about the original Capcom Vs. SNK games?

    I think it's safe to say we all saw this day coming, but not as soon has!
    This is just another Napster/Torrent/Megaupload phase, history repeats it's self, nothing to be worried about. I remember forums such as Snesorama, etc, they were a whole other basket of eggs that got shut down, especially since people were posting 1:1 rips of games compared to the questionable library of Emuparadise. Remember how Sony destroyed Lik-Sang? How they tried to clamp down on PSP CFW? Or how they sued Geohot over the PS3? That's old old news, and what Nintendo are doing now is no different.

    This really changes nothing, the RE2 Remake is more of a direct issue that it's just not only common sense but also common curtosey to give them the freedom of their trademark without interfering by sharing their intellectual property. And to be fair Capcom are for the most part very tolerant of the modding community, they have taken action against SFV modders lately, for genuine reasons, but they have also admitted in the past that they appreciate the dedication and hard work that modders do, so it's not like Capcom are militants. Even the online RE modding community in general is still active, nothing has changed.

    If anything this down time is a good thing, sure it's confusing and inconvenient for people who are desperately waiting for the game, but massively dedicated people had to wait 14 years before even getting their first taste of 1.5, this is something worth waiting a bit longer for. Right now this is a 20th Anniversary celebration of RE2, as fans and a community we should focus on that, show Capcom the love, and enjoy what we can all agree is arguably one of the best games they've ever made. And if they expand on that so be it, all they're doing is giving us more RE goodness to pass the time.

  2. #20922
    #42 Majini Enigmatism415's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    取調室
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Calling all users and friends who have access to a decent Windows machine and willingness to use the Unreal Development Kit (free):

    I want to make a just-for-fun "Outbreak File #1.5" with scenarios based on 1.5.

    Playable Characters: Leon, Elza, Marvin, Ada, John, Annette, Roy, Irons

    Scenario 1: The Precinct (Police Station, 39 rooms, baboon boss fights on 3F and B1)

    Scenario 2: The City (Sewer + Factory, 26 rooms, alligator boss fight and Birkin boss fight)

    Scenario 3: The Lab (Laboratory + Train, 37 rooms, Birkin boss fights in Lab and on train)

    The plot would invariably differ, since the details aren't public, but the environments should be as close as possible to the real thing.

    Biohazard_star and I can handle all of the skeletal environments, since we have the highly precise direct map rips from 1.5 as well as a means of determining height from extracted cam data, but we'd need help with details, music, characters, enemies, etc.

    As far as the camera is concerned, the normal Outbreak/Code Veronica semi-fixed camera would be ideal.

    Is anyone interested?
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 10-02-2018 at 05:58 PM.

  3. #20923
    #23 Prototype Tyrant
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Calling all users and friends who have access to a decent Windows machine and willingness to use the Unreal Development Kit (free):

    I want to make a just-for-fun "Outbreak File #1.5" with scenarios based on 1.5.

    Playable Characters: Leon, Elza, Marvin, Ada, John, Annette, Roy, Irons

    Scenario 1: The Precinct (Police Station, 39 rooms, baboon boss fights on 3F and B1)

    Scenario 2: The City (Sewer + Factory, 26 rooms, alligator boss fight and Birkin boss fight)

    Scenario 3: The Lab (Laboratory + Train, 37 rooms, Birkin boss fights in Lab and on train)

    The plot would invariably differ, since the details aren't public, but the environments should be as close as possible to the real thing.

    Biohazard_star and I can handle all of the skeletal environments, since we have the highly precise direct map rips from 1.5 as well as a means of determining height from extracted cam data, but we'd need help with details, music, characters, enemies, etc.

    As far as the camera is concerned, the normal Outbreak/Code Veronica semi-fixed camera would be ideal.

    Is anyone interested?
    Sure but atm i'm more interested getting Linux, Unreal or Unity working on a retail PS4 via JB, the official devkit unit or whatever is
    a few thousand I think.

  4. #20924
    #28 Super Tyrant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    This is just another Napster/Torrent/Megaupload phase, history repeats it's self, nothing to be worried about. I remember forums such as Snesorama, etc, they were a whole other basket of eggs that got shut down, especially since people were posting 1:1 rips of games compared to the questionable library of Emuparadise. Remember how Sony destroyed Lik-Sang? How they tried to clamp down on PSP CFW? Or how they sued Geohot over the PS3? That's old old news, and what Nintendo are doing now is no different.

    This really changes nothing, the RE2 Remake is more of a direct issue that it's just not only common sense but also common curtosey to give them the freedom of their trademark without interfering by sharing their intellectual property. And to be fair Capcom are for the most part very tolerant of the modding community, they have taken action against SFV modders lately, for genuine reasons, but they have also admitted in the past that they appreciate the dedication and hard work that modders do, so it's not like Capcom are militants. Even the online RE modding community in general is still active, nothing has changed.

    If anything this down time is a good thing, sure it's confusing and inconvenient for people who are desperately waiting for the game, but massively dedicated people had to wait 14 years before even getting their first taste of 1.5, this is something worth waiting a bit longer for. Right now this is a 20th Anniversary celebration of RE2, as fans and a community we should focus on that, show Capcom the love, and enjoy what we can all agree is arguably one of the best games they've ever made. And if they expand on that so be it, all they're doing is giving us more RE goodness to pass the time.
    Has he stopped working on all together though for now ? since all his videos recently have been about patching the PC old versions of RE1 and RE2 , Maybe it's developers block or something , I mean I doubt we will see anything like a screenshot or video for Halloween , or maybe he stopped working on it for now because RE2 remake is just around the corner.

    Either way if it happens Great news !!and if it doesn't happen life goes on, at least we can say we got the 40% build.

  5. #20925
    #03 Larva
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisliam2 View Post
    Has he stopped working on all together though for now ? since all his videos recently have been about patching the PC old versions of RE1 and RE2 , Maybe it's developers block or something , I mean I doubt we will see anything like a screenshot or video for Halloween , or maybe he stopped working on it for now because RE2 remake is just around the corner.

    Either way if it happens Great news !!and if it doesn't happen life goes on, at least we can say we got the 40% build.
    Like others have been saying, he's probably laying low, whether it be because of the RE2Make (which seems to draw a lot more inspiration from Resident Evil 1.5 than the devs would like to admit themselves), the fact that the Tom has woke up to the Jerry that is websites like Emuparadise and formerly the ISOZone (IDK what they refer to themselves as now), a combination of the two, or some other reason.

    Also, to be frank, while I didn't tune into every one of Gemini's livestreams, I have to admit that him trying to get weapons working correctly isn't all that interesting, as that seems to be most of what he was streaming when I felt like watching it for whatever potential new information we could get on the game. Probably just me, though.

  6. #20926
    #21 Hunter Gamma
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    !
    Posts
    384

    Default



    Earlier this week, I uploaded higher quality footage of the RE1.5 V-Jump press conference that featured the earliest publicly known design of Leon likely right after he renamed from Grant Bitman. I figured it couldn't hurt to have better quality video of the earliest known build of Resident Evil 2 available. Enjoy, folks.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

  7. #20927
    #28 Super Tyrant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    719

    Default

    This place has really died down , such a shame

    used to be such a buzzing place.

    everyone looking forward to using the Elza Walking skin for RE2 Remake ?

  8. #20928
    #06 Crow strikedio84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Monterrey Mexico
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisliam2 View Post
    This place has really died down , such a shame

    used to be such a buzzing place.

    everyone looking forward to using the Elza Walking skin for RE2 Remake ?
    this will be dead pretty much for at least two more years, dont worry bro the project its alive and well, dont know if its progressing tough, in other forum i read that Gemini told in one of his streams that any news about the project will be held back until capcom releases and goes by the Remake, to avoid any possible bad attention to this project.

    so, this its going to be a LOOOOOOOONG wait, but like many people form here already said, ENJOY the REMAKE and maybe we will see some news along the way.

    my bet its that this game will release 2020, but who knows.

  9. #20929
    #00 Red Herb
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default How did they made it?


  10. #20930
    #45 Soldier Majini geluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Read the description.

  11. #20931
    #11 Zombie GamerTak3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default Is this era 3 Elza?

    Name:  BHCB_zps9fdd4230.png
Views: 452
Size:  601.4 KB
    Is this era 3 Elza?

  12. #20932
    #45 Soldier Majini geluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    What are you asking? Is it the actual model or just based on early versions of Elza? Cold Blood was a mod being made months after the PSM build went public; and that civilian Leon model is also a mod. So unless the public build contains old assets of Elza I don't know about the answer to that question would be no. But it is based off her because you tell by the lack of the gloves, and the public build may contain an old model of Elza somewhere in there someone else would better answer that question.

    Last edited by geluda; 12-08-2018 at 03:01 PM.

  13. #20933
    #11 Zombie GamerTak3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    What are you asking? Is it the actual model or just based on early versions of Elza? Cold Blood was a mod being made months after the PSM build went public; and that civilian Leon model is also a mod. So unless the public build contains old assets of Elza I don't know about the answer to that question would be no. But it is based off her because you tell by the lack of the gloves, and the public build may contain an old model of Elza somewhere in there someone else would better answer that question.

    The Leon skin I seen the mod on youtube. I was kinda suspecting it bieng a modded skin for Elza. but I still havent seen anybody using it before thats the reason I shared it. Hope somebody can add it to 1.5.
    Last edited by GamerTak3r; 12-10-2018 at 05:58 PM.

  14. #20934
    #34 Grave Digger Deathlygasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    I gotta say right now might be the worst time to release any 1.5 related updates as all fan attention is on the remake of 2. I do feel that maybe after 2 drops and it's dlc's (whatever they may be) updates regarding IGAS 1.5 might come back up. Also is Newsbot still frequenting these forums? I'd do just about anything to get my hands on that Scenario Draft he has!

  15. #20935
    #45 Soldier Majini geluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Just enjoy the remake and move on. 1.5 was something people waited decades for, staring at scans and videos and images, and in the end the majority of what we were looking at was the product of pure garbage, or something just as bad. 1.5 looks interesting but everyone including Capcom admits the game was bad, if only it was developed for another year to RE2 levels of standards. Let that idea sink in.

    2019 looks like a good line up for Capcom, RE2 Remake, Devil May Cry 5, a currently unannounced title, and rumours of a RE3 Remake in the works, which I really wouldn't be surprised. There levels of standards have increased dramatically over the past few years, if they keep this up it should only get better from here.
    Last edited by geluda; 12-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.

  16. #20936
    #13 Brain Sucker Northman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    173

    Default

    How do you guys feel about the Playstation Classic? It was broken very quickly and it's already possible to load custom ISOs with it. In the future, maybe even homebrew programs, like improved emulators that work better than the custom version of PCSX that Sony gave us with the Classic. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm very drawn to the idea of being able to play the IGAS 1.5 with an actual Playstation controller, and the PS Classic that comes with its own would now seem to be the easiest solution for this. It's an emulation box with USB ports handy, so there's no hassle with burning CDs or modchipping your real Playstation, and even the stock emulator from Sony is at least more stable than the PS2 POPS that got leaked some years ago. I also like playing on the big screen, as opposed to the small screens of the PSP and the PS Vita. And because my PS3 is a super slim, I can't even put it to custom firmware, so that solution is also out.

    All in all, the PS Classic might become very appealing, if a proper homebrew scene develops around it. Maybe Gemini could even port his Squeeze Bomb engine natively to it. Think of the possibilities.

  17. #20937
    #23 Prototype Tyrant
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    How do you guys feel about the Playstation Classic? It was broken very quickly and it's already possible to load custom ISOs with it. In the future, maybe even homebrew programs, like improved emulators that work better than the custom version of PCSX that Sony gave us with the Classic. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm very drawn to the idea of being able to play the IGAS 1.5 with an actual Playstation controller, and the PS Classic that comes with its own would now seem to be the easiest solution for this. It's an emulation box with USB ports handy, so there's no hassle with burning CDs or modchipping your real Playstation, and even the stock emulator from Sony is at least more stable than the PS2 POPS that got leaked some years ago. I also like playing on the big screen, as opposed to the small screens of the PSP and the PS Vita. And because my PS3 is a super slim, I can't even put it to custom firmware, so that solution is also out.

    All in all, the PS Classic might become very appealing, if a proper homebrew scene develops around it. Maybe Gemini could even port his Squeeze Bomb engine natively to it. Think of the possibilities.
    Save your money and get a dev kit board instead with 3d printed case, hopefully the Raspberry Pi 4 comes out in the next two years.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •