Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the offtopic

I know this is offtopic, but is for a good reason. My company is creating a multiplayer game focuses in e-sport. I'm triying to work in survival horrors in the next projects. Your help could been indispensable to reach this target. Waste a minute of your live reading this, and maybe I could make a classic survival horror. Thanks to all!

Link to the post:

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...arter-campaign
    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Been working on this mansion lobby based on some unused/unseen official concept artworks of the original RE1 mansion.

Resident Evil 2.5. ;)
      Last edited by VirusPunk; 07-24-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
        Been working on this mansion lobby based on some unused/unseen official concept artworks of the original RE1 mansion.

Resident Evil 2.5. ;)
        Nice work, that actually looks a lot like the beta lobby from BH2.

Comment

• Its been a while since i last log in here, any news about the project ? it looks damn good the resident evil 2 remake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
            There's FMV footage? o.O
            Yes he showed off old concepts for FMV, I believe the dog kennels opening was one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
              Its been a while since i last log in here, any news about the project ? it looks damn good the resident evil 2 remake.
              Ticking along. Gemini is busy trying to convert all the original code from assembly to squeeze bomb. In some instances it's done as accurately as possible, in other instances where code is either incomplete or doesn't make sense, he takes references from beta 2 instead. Edit: At least that's the state of his work shown in his streams.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• it seems RE2R is using the beta police station from the retail version found on the trial edition. Just pointing at.

Comment

• Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                  it seems RE2R is using the beta police station from the retail version found on the trial edition. Just pointing at.
                  CAPCOM is recycling some Alpha/1.5 materials and is mixing it with RE2 to create this Remake, it gives them laziness to invent new things and they prefer to take unused old material.
                  Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal-_Leon98 View Post
                    CAPCOM is recycling some Alpha/1.5 materials and is mixing it with RE2 to create this Remake, it gives them laziness to invent new things and they prefer to take unused old material.
                    Old habits die hard.
                    sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Hi guys, did anyone noticed that Gemini it´s pretty much active releasing Mods and Videos of Resident evil 2? but none of the 1.5 IGAS project? maybe he got bored working on the 1.5 project.

don´t get me wrong i don´t mean to say the project it´s dead or its not working on it but that it´s the way that i see it.

i want at least a proper status of the project not just speculation but the real deal like % of the game.

and yes i know that i don´t have the right to ask for it, but c´mon at least a trailer would be nice.

Comment

Hi guys, did anyone noticed that Gemini it´s pretty much active releasing Mods and Videos of Resident evil 2? but none of the 1.5 IGAS project? maybe he got bored working on the 1.5 project.

don´t get me wrong i don´t mean to say the project it´s dead or its not working on it but that it´s the way that i see it.

i want at least a proper status of the project not just speculation but the real deal like % of the game.

and yes i know that i don´t have the right to ask for it, but c´mon at least a trailer would be nice.
                        Honestly? It might be a good thing he's not streaming it anymore with the hype Resident Evil 2 Remake is getting. I mean, let's say that he's focusing on just finishing the game proper, and that they're further along than he's indicated, if IGAS is still even involved at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they're no longer involved and everything in regards to maps and all that has been finalized. Haven't really kept up with the streams, but I am wondering at what phase of development he's at now. Is he past the point of porting everything to Squeeze Bomb and now focusing on new code development to get the game working? Is he just trying to make sure everything loads up correctly? Every enemy will work in Arrange mode?

Here's the thing, and this is just my opinion, but I'm going to toss this out there: I'd rather have the original, full game as it's intended now and have the additions later. With how things are changing in the world today, (Nintendo taking things down, websites now closing down just in case Nintendo comes after them (and some other nasty rumors going around and the possibility that other companies may follow suit in joining Nintendo), and the fact that we're getting a remake that seems to be incorporating elements from the original version of the game (who knows? This could have been what they wanted to do for the final version but time constraints didn't allow it to happen with all of the areas and various scenario changes that occurred throughout development of the PS1 version of the game)) and the fact that AM2R, after being taken down, has had support with new content that the dev wanted to implement but couldn't, I just fear for the worst with fan projects like these. I get that Capcom and Nintendo are two different companies with different philosophies about content, but this isn't a fan remake or a fan game like Megaman x Street Fighter; this is a team trying to "restore" a prototype of a finished game that's getting a remake release next year.

Maybe I'm just going into FUD mode, but I just don't know how things are going to end up at the end of all of this, if this version of the game ever sees a "finished" version come to fruition. I mean, the Battle Coliseum demo, outside of not having some of the enemies from 1.5 (didn't see the man-spider in any of the playthroughs I did of the game), did look finished, though I could see it getting some improvements and needing some tweaks to fit into the main game, but still. Isn't this the kind of thing that, normally, would be done after the main game is finished and thoroughly bug tested as far as I understand game development?

And this is not mentioning if they go through the effort to finish whatever was done of the original game and release it as some unexpected bonus in the remake which I don't see happening, but Capcom has been surprising everyone lately with all of the 180's they've been doing in regards to everything not named Street Fighter 5 (though I guess more fan favorites have swayed some's opinion of the game)!

Not to mention, where's the cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots!? This thread's title should be changed to "Resident Evil 1.5 IGAS-Gemini Collaboration Update Thread!"

Comment

• Sure they are resting or have it stopped for something, if they cancel they say it and already, Gemini is improving the version Biohazard 2 Sourcenext and it seems good to me since it has errors and those things, same with the Resident Evil 1. It is good to vary from time to time so as not to get bored of it in an extreme way.
                          Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• Sewers I whipped up inspired by the sewers of 1.5 & RE3:

Comment

Hi guys, did anyone noticed that Gemini it´s pretty much active releasing Mods and Videos of Resident evil 2? but none of the 1.5 IGAS project? maybe he got bored working on the 1.5 project.

Gemini isn't and has never just been working on 1.5, he's been working on RE1, RE2, RE2 trial edition, RE2 beta 2, RE3, he like many other high level hackers in the community has focused on understanding RE engines in general as a whole, to further understand not only how each game was made and is different from each other, but also how that can be incorporated together into one single engine. I have no official confirmation of this, but I believe Gemini's goal of Squeeze Bomb is to make an engine that supports all of this, not just 1.5 or RE2, but a tool that can literally drag and drop any RE content and make it work.

If you remember a long time ago he showed off gifs of RE3 models running in Squeeze Bomb, they're designed and function in a completely different way to RE2, and his proof of concept showed how optimized it would be to use that design. He's done streams of importing Hunters into Squeeze Bomb, they have nothing to do with 1.5, but making RE1/2/3 material compatible with Squeeze Bomb just overall makes it a better engine. And don't forget Behind the Mask, the original inspiration behind Squeeze Bomb. He also has a life and needs distractions, you should be encouraged by the fact that he's still hacking RE games even if it's RE2 SourceNext, because at least you know he's still active in that line of work.

Personally in my opinion I don't think what Gemini has shown is 100% accurate of what the project is at, there's obviously more to it than that, he did at one point say that most of the rooms are populated. But what he did show demonstrated how long and tedious it is to make 1.5 as authentic as possible. Every single action, every single line of code has to be converted from assembly language into C, that involves disassembly, testing, trial and error, sometimes the assembly code is incomplete, broken or straight up doesn't make sense, and even Gemini's own intuition sometimes finds it difficult to understand why the fuck things don't work. You then have to decide, do I try and rewrite the code my own way, or do I take a similar function from RE2 beta and keep it as close to original as possible?

I'm near enough happy to accept that the majority of the artwork is done, that you can run around, kill zombies, pick up items, fight tyrants, I'm sure that much of that work is done and you can consider that near complete if you want. But I'm also happy to accept that some of the other work, like making NPCs follow you, puzzles, mini games, general AI stuff as a whole, is a nightmare to do and is a whole entire job in it's self.

I also agree that the controversy surrounding piracy, Capcom handing out C&Ds to Street Fighter modders for crowd funding, and the RE2 Remake are just among some of the good reasons to stay under the radar. It's not important how fast this project gets done, I mean this is literally a gift to everyone, and I'm sure most of us have played classic RE long enough and studied 1.5 long enough to know that it's something worth waiting for, and that we'll have both ups and downs throughout its development.

Just chill and forget about it. Look forward to RE2, play it, enjoy it, before you know it another year will have passed and the game will be further along. There is no ETA because quite simply, there isn't one.
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Personally I'm super stoked at some of the recent 1.5 related donations that were made by collectors, things have been going on in the 1.5 community, you just have to appreciate everything that everyone is doing, instead of focusing solely on this one project. It takes time for things to get into motion. Look at Sonic Mania as an example, look at all the work Simon Thomley and Christian Whitehead had to do to bring us accurate ports of classic Sonic games and eventually now what is arguably the best classic Sonic game ever made. That shit took years of time, effort and love and eventually it did pay off. I'm not saying Capcom are gonna follow in Sega's footsteps, but it takes a lot of time and effort to get shit done in the modding community, it took 25 years to get another new classic Sonic game and that shit was well worth waiting for.

Comment

Working...
                                X