Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
    Well, true. It's not over yet. The crew that put Half-Life: Black Mesa together took 8 years just to produce the 1st half. So there's yet hope left for this project.

But you have to understand that such a long silence is disturbing. People get tired of waiting, and will want to move on at some point. There's more to life than just Resident Evil. My greatest concern is that by the time this game gets pushed out (if ever), there's no audience left for it, because everybody got tired of waiting. Next year it'll be 8 years since the screenshots were leaked. That's already Duke Nukem: Forever-levels of waiting.

Personally, I think IGAS made a mistake, when they attempted to patch the existing game engine. Now that we've seen it, it WAS in a pretty sorry state to begin with. When you patch something like that, adding something will always break something else. It turns into a hopeless cycle of bug fix after bug fix, and time gets wasted. They should've just right away started from scratch with a custom engine, and maybe by now something could be out already. I mean, whatever happened to that RPD-demo we were promised?
    Even a simple new screenshot for Halloween and a "hello guys" would of been great and I don't think the R.P.D Demo will be happening anymore as it hasn't been spoken about for years

I have a feeling RE3 Remake and RE8 for next gen will be out before 1.5 in all honesty.
    We don't even know if all the voice acting got completed and if they got actors for all characters or how the work on the FMV cut scenes looked. So many questions lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
      Even a simple new screenshot for Halloween and a "hello guys" would of been great and I don't think the R.P.D Demo will be happening anymore as it hasn't been spoken about for years
      There should be a big announcement on January 25.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Thanks for confirming that something is happening with the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          There should be a big announcement on January 25.
          HYPE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            The entire situation caused burnout and fallout, for years... and I'm definitely glad it's over. I like seeing the community working together again.
            I'm glad people stop fighting each other but this whole drama circus made me lose interest in 1.5 entirely, really. I think that the thread title is a perfect example of people lording over the common 'pleb' with the possession of 1.5, just the fact that the original thread title persisted for all these years and admin edits show that my early excitement for the FB screenshots that emerged served as some sort of mockery, maybe not directly made at my expense but at everyone "not in the know".

It's cool to look back with a more mature mind on my early posts, but for me the 1.5 allure is over... unless a later build suddenly gets released to the public which I don't believe will ever happen (it has way better chances now that the fanbase fire has died out, but that's not saying much really). Just become a game designer at Capcom in Osaka and go rent out RE 2 builds for 'research' from their game library if you really want later builds, I guess. The 'restoration' is all great on paper but it's so different from the real deal I'm not sure why anyone is bothering with having PS1 format software, just make something on PC or something. It's not real, both in the sense of the Police Department of Theseus, and in actually being a finished game which will probably never happen from what I can gather.

Good luck for those who stay on this project though, both developers and outsiders. Hope I'm wrong and people get to have what they wanted since the restoration project got announced.
            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Been alive mostly on discord lately. Things are still moving in the back row.
              How can I get in on the discord? Or is it private?
              If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

• We'll see about the announcement day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                  We'll see about the announcement day.
                  Hey all just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and hope you all have a happy new year and fingers crossed for some 1.5 news in 2020.

I still play the Battle Coliseum Gemini made and I still play the 40% build every now and again , still so amazing that I am actually playing a part of 1.5 , never thought in my life I would ever be able to play it lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                    Hey all just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and hope you all have a happy new year and fingers crossed for some 1.5 news in 2020.

I still play the Battle Coliseum Gemini made and I still play the 40% build every now and again , still so amazing that I am actually playing a part of 1.5 , never thought in my life I would ever be able to play it lol.
                    Same. I still cannot believe we finally got 1.5. It's crazy 7 years would of passed since the MZD build leaked. Damn time has flown.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• 60-80 exists out there, and its possible Igas wasn't lying about having the info from it.

Comment

• What does everybody think the January 25th announcement is gonnna be?

Comment

• Originally posted by leftshoe18 View Post
                          What does everybody think the January 25th announcement is gonnna be?
                          It could be anything. Gemini, last I checked, stopped doing dev streams sometime in 2018, and he only was doing stuff in the RPD from what I remember. Most optimistic I could be is that we'll get the RPD demo build, or, if God truly exists, the 80%/Era 4/5/65%/last build of 1.5 will get leaked out that day, and an announcement that development may continue based on that version of the game.

I typed this message out with a Steam Controller, btw.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flak Master View Post
                            It could be anything. Gemini, last I checked, stopped doing dev streams sometime in 2018, and he only was doing stuff in the RPD from what I remember. Most optimistic I could be is that we'll get the RPD demo build, or, if God truly exists, the 80%/Era 4/5/65%/last build of 1.5 will get leaked out that day, and an announcement that development may continue based on that version of the game.

I typed this message out with a Steam Controller, btw.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                            Highly doubt that any of the internal development builds would leak, usually when it's about prototypes, collectors only manage to get batches of preview builds previously owned by magazine editors, only rarely source codes or internal dev builds leak (like all the Climax stuff that were released like two years ago or so).
                            Also, we don't even know if those worked on regular 2MB ram machines, I noticed that in all preview builds of RE2 (1.5 or later), they always strip a lot of debug stuff and only leave the room jump option and the inventory editor, there must be a reason for this.
                            I miss the old times.

Comment

• Holy smokes, a big announcement on 25th of this month?, sound so great, i wonder what will be?, to be honest i dont want a demo, because that could make capcom react en stop the full release, its better if they at least reveal the % of the actual progress and a little video showing something more polished and fully functional. and why not THE RELEASE DATE, nahhh that would make capcom react too its better if they release the game randomly on this year.

but i guess at least judging from the quote BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, at least its a date.

wee will seeee.

Btw, did Gemini says where its going to be the announcement? here on this thread?.

Comment

• Any news is good news! I'm looking forward to whatever it might be!

Suddenly I'm in the mood for classic Resi gameplay again.

Comment

Working...
                                X