Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddly enough, I can run the emulator now. Originally I was given some kind of runtime error when I first updated to Windows 10 in the middle of 2015. Due to time constraints and ongoing work-related obligations I gave up after a few days. I suppose a Microsoft update I downloaded at one point corrected the issue. I still had to go back and download the full driver set from Intel so I could correct the display with my tablet plugged into the television. I got my PS4 controller functional with the emulator, so I just need to find a working download of Battle Colleseum when I get home from work today.

Thank you for the assistance nonetheless. I'll do a follow up if I run into any issues.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I'm just catching up on the progress on this, its simply amazing what you all are doing. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to future updates

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        I'm just catching up on the progress on this, its simply amazing what you all are doing. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to future updates
        Wow, haven't seen you here for a while Dot! How have you been?
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          I'm just catching up on the progress on this, its simply amazing what you all are doing. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to future updates
          I used to follow your adventures in finding the beta in the past. I even signed the Bioflames petition, in hope of convincing Capcom to release the beta in some form. Sadly they didn't even care. I'm glad you're still around here. My god... that was like, 10 years ago. Time sure flies...

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
            I used to follow your adventures in finding the beta in the past. I even signed the Bioflames petition, in hope of convincing Capcom to release the beta in some form. Sadly they didn't even care.
            This begs the question: What are the chances that Capcom even has the Bio 1.5 assets anymore? Many game studios are notorious for throwing away their old stuffs. Entire source codes and stuff have been lost forever, when a studio just cold-heartedly threw their storage devices into a trash bin in bankruptcies, during hardware upgrades, and when they just didn't see any further value in the material they created, and decided that storing them would be too much hassle. You know, Capcom doesn't exactly consider the prototype 1.5 to be one of their proudest moments.

Comment

• I think that as long as the company exists, all its achievements are still in custody.
              Last recorded disc can be located on the bell jar as a decoration in your personal gallery.
              But the sources and materials in full might and destroy.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                This begs the question: What are the chances that Capcom even has the Bio 1.5 assets anymore? Many game studios are notorious for throwing away their old stuffs. Entire source codes and stuff have been lost forever, when a studio just cold-heartedly threw their storage devices into a trash bin in bankruptcies, during hardware upgrades, and when they just didn't see any further value in the material they created, and decided that storing them would be too much hassle. You know, Capcom doesn't exactly consider the prototype 1.5 to be one of their proudest moments.
                One thing that's pretty insane to think about is that depending on the brand of CD-Rs a company used back in the 90s for their digital archiving, those discs might be beyond salvagable now and completely unreadable - thus rendering things lost, unless they have gotten around to evt. backing things up and archiving it on a new and more future proof medium at some point. So, yeah, there's a genuine chance that maybe even Capcom doesn't have a working backup of their digital 1.5 assets (or that any current digital backup is subjected to decay and rendered useless in a not too distant future).

Comment

• Wow , its alive! The forum so to speak. Unbroken and all?

Comment

• Comment

• I want to play that RPDemo so badly...
                      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• It's coming.. eventually.

Can you believe it's been four years since the MZD build was released?
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Out of habit Ive been checking the Loboto 3 twitter account every day - Apparently I missed the discord link as its expired or sth

anyone care to send me an invite per PM or any other way

Comment

• Originally posted by meer View Post
                            Out of habit Ive been checking the Loboto 3 twitter account every day - Apparently I missed the discord link as its expired or sth

anyone care to send me an invite per PM or any other way
                            The discord server was deleted a long time ago, lol.
                            I miss the old times.

Comment

• I can't help but wonder if Capcom are looking at 1.5 to see what to pinch in order to expand upon RE2 for the upcoming RE2MAKE, and also if there's even the possibility of completing the 80% version of 1.5 and including that in RE2MAKE. Ok, it's complete speculation ony my behalf, but I'd be very surprised if noone at Capcom has looked into RE1.5 in any form as part of RE2MAKE's development process.
                              "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                                I can't help but wonder if Capcom are looking at 1.5 to see what to pinch in order to expand upon RE2 for the upcoming RE2MAKE, and also if there's even the possibility of completing the 80% version of 1.5 and including that in RE2MAKE. Ok, it's complete speculation ony my behalf, but I'd be very surprised if noone at Capcom has looked into RE1.5 in any form as part of RE2MAKE's development process.
                                I actually do think it's reasonable to suspect that Capcom would reuse some BH1.5 ideas in REmake2. First of all, REmake included significant content that had been intended for the original 1996 Playstation release, but the technology just wasn't sufficient at the time (e.g. Lisa and Trevor). Second of all, Capcom did look into the RE0 N64 demo when remastering RE0 and even showed the fans, even though they could have totally gotten away without even mentioning it.

Obviously, I don't think that the BH1.5 police station would play any part, and likely not the drains either because the existing RE2 sewer was larger and more complex anyway. I could see them possibly reviving parts of the BH1.5 factory stage, but integrating the famous train turntable rather than the boring warehouse elevator (it would be like a combination of BH1.5's and BH2's factory stages).

However, most likely, Capcom would only expand the laboratory stage to include all of the BH1.5 sections that were removed due to the lack of time for (re)development. In BH2, the laboratory's lower level had BH1.5's sections A-2 and D-2 completely removed, leaving only reduced versions of B-2 and C-2. This was clearly for lack of time, in my opinion. This also meant that Elza's unique save room (directly below Leon's), her unique boss battle area just outside of it, and her unique emergency elevator stop were removed as well, among other areas. The train area itself was also larger and more involved, as was the boiler area, and there had even been more rooms in the areas that survived (and a proper staircase instead of a ladder shaft). Perhaps a plot point involving the shelters and a flame-infested laboratory could be revived.

So in short, the boiler/laboratory/train stage of BH1.5 would be the most logical section to integrate into REmake2 and have it feel natural and believable. It would be the equivalent of adding the 'under the main staircase' areas in REmake that were missing (but originally intended) in BH1.
                                Last edited by Enigmatism415; 02-11-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X