Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how some people used to say that too many updates and screenshots would spoil the game when I've experienced the exact opposite effect. No matter how many screenshots are released, I only get more excited and intrigued by the project. IGAS could release every background in the game and I'd be more pumped up than ever to play it.
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 02-03-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      It's funny how some people used to say that too many updates and screenshots would spoil the game when I've experienced the exact opposite effect. No matter how many screenshots are released, I only get more excited and intrigued by the project. IGAS could release every background in the game and I'd be more pumped up than ever to play it.
      Well, even if we dont share the same opinion as those who dont want to see anything to avoid spoilers we must respect their decision. I think like you in the fact that seeing backgrounds dont ruin te whole experience. Scenarios are not the only suprise about 1.5. We dont see how story proceeds, most of new enemies implemented, etc.

Also, my curiosity is bigger than my willpower on avoiding spoilers.
      Last edited by Unmasked; 02-03-2016, 07:17 PM.
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• I wonder how that giant (real-time rendered) platform fits into this room... Perhaps it is submerged underwater, and those two parallel ladder-shaped strips on the walls lift it up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall04_01.png
Views:	1
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	404800Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall04_02.png
Views:	1
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	404801

I guess IGAS chose to recreate the version of this room without the dark shadow at the end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall03_01.png
Views:	2
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	404802Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall03_02.png
Views:	3
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	404803Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall04_03.png
Views:	2
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	404804Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall04_04.png
Views:	3
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	404805

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          I wonder how that giant (real-time rendered) platform fits into this room... Perhaps it is submerged underwater, and those two parallel ladder-shaped strips on the walls lift it up.
          Technically it's not a platform, it's a gate. It never sinks below water level.

I guess IGAS chose to recreate the version of this room without the dark shadow at the end.
          Dark version is more than likely a later revision. Notice how there's a cable going all the way past the door in the dark version, which has been fixed in the lit revision.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            When were these magazines dated?
            I specifically remembered one such magazine. Sadly, I threw them all away a long time ago, but fortunately, I could find the one I needed online :

Mega Force n°54, dated "november/december 1996", page 023. They even spelled Raccoon City, Lagoon City...
            SurvivHor also states that 1.5 was supposed to be released in march 1997 on PlayStation, and sometimes in late 1997 or early 1998 on Sega Saturn. While the PS version was 65% finished, the Saturn version was only 15% finished :

However, I've yet to see any reference to retail RE2 being developed for Sega Saturn.

Comment

• Do the magazine or SurvivHor reference a source?

BIO2 was green lit for Saturn development and the same team that ported BIO1 was in charge. But after some months, they couldn't match the PlayStation version's quality and Yoshiko Okamoto ordered the team increased and transferred to the Dreamcast. The first concept art for CODE:Veronica was drawn in February 1998 so the Saturn version was already cancelled by then. They didn't officially announce the cancellation until October 1998 when they revealed CV.

If the magazine or SurvivHor have a source on 1.5's Saturn version existing then you're right about 1.5 also being developed for the Saturn briefly. I just haven't seen anything originating from CAPCOM indicating its existence that I can recall.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• No, they don't. You'll have to ask imacwesker for his source.
                I didn't know retail BH2 was considered on Saturn, that's interesting. Well, since we got the superior versions of both BH2 and BHCV later, we Segafans were the winners in the long run, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  Dark version is more than likely a later revision. Notice how there's a cable going all the way past the door in the dark version, which has been fixed in the lit revision.
                  Then wouldn't the light version be the revision? In the dark version, that door is indeed unusable because, as you pointed out, there's a cable running across it.

Comment

• Ever since I saw the that video of the complete(er) form of 1.5, namely the sewers, always been alot of intrigue for me. So naturally I am quite happy with the work done on them.

They look just wonderful.

Comment

• Originally posted by meer View Post
                      Ever since I saw the that video of the complete(er) form of 1.5, namely the sewers, always been alot of intrigue for me. So naturally I am quite happy with the work done on them.

They look just wonderful.
                      Yeah, and we know the least about its progression (and layout for that matter), so it will be the greatest surprise. IGAS has information about the progression and plot that none of us (barring Gemini and perhaps News Bot) have. They've earned their status as the true legitimate successors to the original BH1.5 development team. The actual original team members (except for at least one) are full of: 'oh, it was a long time ago, I don't remember those details'. Even so, Kamiya managed to remember that the Baboons break through the windows in the Conference Room, so anything's possible.
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 02-03-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Maaaaan when the demo is going to be realesed? i cant wait to play it T_T my hunger of 1.5 is so big...

I respond my own question: When its done. Stop being an impatient bitch.
                        Last edited by Unmasked; 02-04-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                          Maaaaan when the demo is going to be realesed? i cant wait to play it T_T my hunger of 1.5 is so big...

I respond my own question: When its done. Stop being an impatient bitch.
                          I know how you mean! It's nice to see things progress in this way because sometimes someone offers an opinion and it changes a feature or background. E.g. like when that person noted in the coliseum video an arrow would be better than the dot, for the player locaiton.That was a very welcome change I think.

Heck, I'm glad we even get to see so much of what they've done in the first place, even some of the silly bugs like the jumping zombie in the latest video with the resident evil 2 zombie AI type.

Trying not to be a fanboy here, hard not to though.

Comment

• Honestly I just can't wait to play a build of 1.5 that has actual door screens versus that silver one of doom, better ai for enemies and actual saving xD
                            Gemini, will we be able to save in the demo?

Comment

• Originally posted by meer View Post
                              E.g. like when that person noted in the coliseum video an arrow would be better than the dot, for the player locaiton.That was a very welcome change I think.
                              I don't remember exactly that feedback, but the radar was changed due to testers feeling the previous iteration was too hard to navigate. In other words, I do apply "major" tweaks whenever there's a need for improvements.

Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                              Gemini, will we be able to save in the demo?
                              I still haven't finished porting the save screen, but it will be included and you should be able to use cleared games to progress in a later demo or the complete game. Also:

Save boxes are being added to the game.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 02-06-2016, 05:43 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• So, they are used as item box and save machines. Great!

Comment

Working...
                                X