Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be amazing to play the 80% build and here all the original voice acting on it , did we ever find out who did Elza's voice ?

Of course the chances of ever playing it Id say is rather slim , Just a shame no one can buy it and spread it around the net one day for us hardcore 1.5 fans to play , Only on the earth once and it would be shame for the people who have it to pass away of old age and then the 80% build would more then likely get thrown out and put in some junk sale lol lost forever.

Of course it might happen one day , I never expected to ever play any build of 1.5 so I am EXTREMELY grateful to have had to opportunity to play the 40% build and the V build.

I just hope this fan project of IGAS and Gemini gets completed one day even just a new demo would be amazing.
    It must be very hard work to build the game from scratch with a new Engine and design all the bosses and enemies lines of behavior code.

Not sure they even check this forum anymore but if they do and they see this message I hope all is well and development is going smoothly for them and want to say thanks for taking time out of your own lives to make such an amazing game.

Comment

• I'm sure the project is just fine. I know a lot of people were concerned about it, because there wasn't much news, but considering that Gemini and Team IGAS are not a team of 50 (as far as I know), which was how many people were working on RE2, of course it's going to take a lot longer to make. Not to mention real life stuff and lack of motivation sometimes kicks in. The project is fine. The only thing you can do is find something else to occupy your time, and forget about 1.5. At some point it will be finished.

As for 1.5 being too much like RE1, Capcom gave lots of reasons why they scrapped the game, but the "playing too much like RE1" was the worst one that they could have come up with. There are lots of other things that separate it from RE1.

Still, if the game was finished, the quality of the backgrounds were improved, the bugs fixed, and little tweaks were made, I'm sure 1.5 would have been an awesome game.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Hopefully they can add the DC1 blood damage and enviromental suits as well as adding crimson hunter style zombies that
        chase and break down doors / glass in hordes to make the game more challenging reusing that Mr. X code with all the optimizations I
        wonder how many zombies can be pushed into one room before the fps dips even if it's just resuing the same models / textures, RE1-2 where allocated 8 slots per room maybe have different enemy types sharing the same room too hiding in the shadows jumping out to catch you off guard when battling hordes / bosses like crows, cerberus, hunters, lickers etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
          As for 1.5 being too much like RE1, Capcom gave lots of reasons why they scrapped the game, but the "playing too much like RE1" was the worst one that they could have come up with. There are lots of other things that separate it from RE1.
          Maybe its the worst for you, but was said by Mikami itself and trust me, i understand why he said that. First time i played Dead Rising i loved the game but the sequel bored me as fuck, because it was all the same with little innovations, repeating the same means (almost every boss was killed by a chainsaw or impaled, something that worked with the clown on the first game but overused on the sequel). I lost my interest on that saga after the second game.

Maybe if 1.5 had been realesed, the same thing would have happened and we would not be talking about Biohazard as a franchise right now. As Mikami said, 1.5 was a good game but not for much long.
          ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, 1.5 needed some fixing. The way the characters walk up the stairs was the same as in RE1. The zombies actually move slower than the zombies in RE1, which is not a good thing. But I think the design of the zombies was just fine.

Aside from those two things, how exactly does it play it too much like RE1? And I'll do you one better--How is retail RE2 not like RE1?

RE2 is simply RE1 with prettier graphics and some slightly fixed mechanics, such as walking up the steps, hurt animation, zombies moving more flexibly, and being able to combine items in the item box.

1.5 and retail RE2 are not really all that different from RE1. They're the same game. RE2 has slightly modified tweaks, where-as 1.5 has more content.

One could say that the ability to make decisions in 1.5 that affect which characters live or die is just like in RE1, but I don't see that as a bad thing at all. I believe that is one of the best things about RE1, which was cut from RE2 completely, sadly. RE 1.5 had more character interaction, and gave the player more control over how the game played out based on those decision points. Plus, allowing players to make those kind of decisions offers replay value, which is a good thing. And I think Capcom knows this, which is why the decision process came back in RE3.

RE2 was just a polished up version of RE1 that didn't really offer anything unique, where-as 1.5 had all of these unique features that made it different from RE1.

I'm not arguing with you, and I respect your opinion, I'm just stating that canning 1.5 because it plays too much like RE1 is really a BS excuse. Those little problems I mentioned could've easily been fixed. All the other reasons why they canned it are valid, such as low-quality, poor story, and inability to continue the series. But the RE1 just doesn't hold up in my eyes.
            Last edited by RetroRain; 02-02-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
              Don't get me wrong, 1.5 needed some fixing. The way the characters walk up the stairs was the same as in RE1. The zombies actually move slower than the zombies in RE1, which is not a good thing. But I think the design of the zombies was just fine.

Aside from those two things, how exactly does it play it too much like RE1? And I'll do you one better--How is retail RE2 not like RE1?

RE2 is simply RE1 with prettier graphics and some slightly fixed mechanics, such as walking up the steps, hurt animation, zombies moving more flexibly, and being able to combine items in the item box.

1.5 and retail RE2 are not really all that different from RE1. They're the same game. RE2 has slightly modified tweaks, where-as 1.5 has more content.

One could say that the ability to make decisions in 1.5 that affect which characters live or die is just like in RE1, but I don't see that as a bad thing at all. I believe that is one of the best things about RE1, which was cut from RE2 completely, sadly. RE 1.5 had more character interaction, and gave the player more control over how the game played out based on those decision points. Plus, allowing players to make those kind of decisions offers replay value, which is a good thing. And I think Capcom knows this, which is why the decision process came back in RE3.

RE2 was just a polished up version of RE1 that didn't really offer anything unique, where-as 1.5 had all of these unique features that made it different from RE1.

I'm not arguing with you, and I respect your opinion, I'm just stating that canning 1.5 because it plays too much like RE1 is really a BS excuse. Those little problems I mentioned could've easily been fixed. All the other reasons why they canned it are valid, such as low-quality, poor story, and inability to continue the series. But the RE1 just doesn't hold up in my eyes.
              When you play the finished version of IGAS or a most complete build (if we get one someday) you will understand what i mean by ''being too much similar to RE1''. Some people has much high expectatives with 1.5 because its unknown for the most of us but at the end, everybody will see why it was cancelled. If the entire Capcom team felt happy about start over the game, imagine how bad were the comments they recived about the script or the game itself.

And i say that knowing that Gemini is making the game even better and putting more extras than it was intended by Capcom. Trust me, i have reasons to say all of this, im not arguing either, just speaking from what i know by now.

Comment

• Whatever similarities they felt the prototype shared with its predecessor in excess they failed to undo aesthetically. The final version appears to “play it safe”, and logically a police station funded by Umbrella makes more sense for puzzles/traps than an art gallery that was designed and built before Umbrella’s influence and corruption came into play. The changes to the script were for the better it would seem, but abandoning the original concepts of the game’s locations for the most part were not. Especially what became of the factory. I’m not arguing that the original ideas couldn’t have been improved upon but this was the wrong approach.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• RE 1.5 has its RE1 items but reuses several for RE2.

The things that I see similar to the RE1 are of the decisions, it is not bad it is more replayable and they replaced it with the A / B side and they reused it with RE3, some rooms have some sensation with RE1 but it has more details than the RE1, the scientific zombie since it was 80% and remember nothing more.

When playing the 1.5 I get a feeling of the RE2 more than the RE1, although knowing how it would be more like the scenarios from the beginning to the end and the ideas of the endings that I thought would feel longer, the puzzle if I think most of them are as Irons model and it would be something more interactive to know where to select, grab, where to place and what to place with the cursor unlike RE2 which is to go to where the puzzle, go to the menu, select object in some puzzle.

The shooting field puzzle is like the library but it would be more to put in such a position either forward or backward to shoot in an order and unlock or exit something.

I like more the 1.5 than the 2 but in the same way it was the best that reboot maybe the history of RE was very different or the worst that came up there.
                  Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                    The changes to the script were for the better it would seem
                    I'm sure the story for RE2 was improved for the better. I agree with that.

But as I have mentioned many times over the years, I felt that the difference between 1.5 and RE2's story is that RE2 was too convenient, so I didn't care for it.

1.5 had a spontaneous story, where-as RE2's story reeks of being planned.

A rookie cop, first day on the job, and a motorcyclist, who happens to be related to the main character of the first game, happen to meet each other in the city the day of the outbreak, and try to escape. It just seems too convenient. I didn't really care for it.

1.5 had a cop that had already been working there, trying to escape, and a motorcyclist that ran into the police station for safety. It's spontaneous, with characters that seem more believable. And I most definitely prefer the more scared Leon of 1.5 than I do the confident angry Leon of retail RE2. Being a horror game, the Leon 1.5 fits in better.

I'm just very thankful that Gemini and Team IGAS are restoring this game. It's a shame that Capcom screwed up it back in the day. I believe that if the quality and story was done right the first time around, I would have liked this game better than retail RE2.

Comment

• Good point, though I didn’t realize that Leon was intended to be more intimidated by the situation. The main changes that I thought were for the better was Birkin being more malicious in nature, and Chief Irons corruption.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I want to ask, maybe I forgot.
                        It is known that scenario for the Elza can be completed in full, and the scenario for Leon are 65-80%.
                        Where does this information come from? From Inflames?
                        Thank you.
                        sigpic

Comment

• My curiosity is killing me. Every time i learn something new about 1.5 i want to know more and more. Im glad to see progress from Gemini lately. I hope its realesed in a few years, i cant wait to see his full job done

Comment

• I'll be honest, based on the evidence, those images that Kim procured show most of the final build. A lot of dialogue was missing, endings incomplete, etc. Were it not for the Complete Disc and other official videos, Trial Edition backgrounds, and Kim's loot, I'd also be worried about a restoration based only on the PSM build. Fortunately, we have so much more as a community, and IGAS even more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              I'd also be worried about a restoration based only on the PSM build.
                              Dont worry, they got this covered.

Comment

• I'm not as in the loop as I used to be so I've missed this until now:

This game is giving me late 90's Resident Evil vibes and I know that's what it's supposed to do but wow, watching that I forgot it was 2018 for a bit. So stoked to finally play this game whenever it drops... I hope they continue to take as long as needed, focusing on the project because clearly the hard work they're putting into it is paying off in a big, big way. Amazing. Hardcore Resident Evil fans appreciate this so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X