View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

    45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

    22 32.84%
Page 1050 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 50550950100010401041104210431044104510461047104810491050
Results 20,981 to 20,993 of 20993

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

  1. #20981
    #23 Prototype Tyrant
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    Read the article. The leak lost an individual their job, caused them upset and embarrassment among their friends and family, made it difficult for them to get back into the industry for over a decade, pretty much ruined their life. People in any position of responsibility risks all of that and more, even today.
    It was his own daft fault, he should of used an alias and been more secretive instead of being a tellall, the mistakes of youth to gain popularity.

  2. #20982
    #01 Cockroach
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    It was his own daft fault, he should of used an alias and been more secretive instead of being a tellall, the mistakes of youth to gain popularity.
    He was crazy naive to think it wouldn't make his way back to him, and probably also to trust "friends" that leaked it like that. But yes, the consequences can be grave.

    I'd forgotten all about the existence of that "80% build." Wonder if it's sitting on some backup drive somewhere at Capcom, or anywhere outside of Capcom.

    The rest of the drama in that story is just ridiculous. Just glad we have what we have, and that people like Gemini are still working on it.

  3. #20983
    #45 Soldier Majini geluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    It was his own daft fault, he should of used an alias and been more secretive instead of being a tellall, the mistakes of youth to gain popularity.
    Or he could have done his job. Sounds a bit hypocritical to say when we all appreciate leaks and things slipping the net, but it's true. There's ramifications for absolutely everyone.

  4. #20984
    #13 Brain Sucker Northman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yurieu View Post
    All of this is so exiting. This one, single video game proto has an absolutely fantastic story attached to it, bigger than I ever thought. The scale of it all is just so absurd, no other game gets even close. And all this just because there are people who want to play games.

    I feel, in the end, somebody should've just bitten the bullet, and leak the damn thing way sooner. I really see no other way how the lies, treachery and backstabbing could've been ended. By the end, the community had become so toxic, that simply just giving them the object of their desire would've defused the situation completely, and everybody would've been better off for it. The Curator selling his disc to Alzaire should've been the end of it. Anything past that was just sheer pettiness.

    Yeah, I get it. They wanted it to be a nice surprise. But the circumstances just weren't right for this strategy. The atmosphere was just too damn polluted, and people so on the edge, they didn't wanna wait anymore after so many years. Leaking the unmodified raw build would've defused the tense situation among the communities, and then IGAS would've had all the peace and quiet they needed to work on the restoration project, as the fans would've been busy and distracted dissecting the 40% raw build. Of course, a case could be made that other collectors holding other builds in their hands might not have co-operated after that, but ask yourselves this: Did things end up being any better this way?

    Poor Andrew Cockburn, he should've really been smarter about his actions. By this, I mean, he should've just quietly dumped an ISO of the pre-release disc and keep it under wraps for a few years, until the commotion dies down, then anonymously drop it off to some torrent site to be found, so it wouldn't be traced back to him. Just goes to show what a druggie lifestyle does to you.

    Also, sorry to hear about the deceased Capcom employee. It's sad that a living person had to die for the prototype to leak.

  5. #20985
    #23 Prototype Tyrant
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    Or he could have done his job. Sounds a bit hypocritical to say when we all appreciate leaks and things slipping the net, but it's true. There's ramifications for absolutely everyone.
    Thankfully i'm not that important.
    I just tried to help out where I could with the knowledge that I had at the time, it pays to be humble in my book, I was a fool to not stay silent myself.

    I'm still not sure why I was given the things for free to share, I guess it was some type of reward for my dedication,
    but I would of happily paid something towards them even if it was only a tiny amount.

    Being a member of the modding community though for so many years was great,
    I can't fault it, so many skilled people always coming up with new ideas,
    it was like a self education to me, stuff I was never taught in school :-)

  6. #20986
    #14 Drain Deimos
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xranger60 View Post
    Just glad we have what we have, and that people like Gemini are still working on it.
    Are we even sure Gemini is still working on it? Everything on twitter suggests he's completely moved on to his Classic Rebirth series of tweaks for the PC releases of RE1 and 2 (and presumably eventually 3).

  7. #20987
    #42 Majini Darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    Are we even sure Gemini is still working on it? Everything on twitter suggests he's completely moved on to his Classic Rebirth series of tweaks for the PC releases of RE1 and 2 (and presumably eventually 3).
    he literally just posted hes still working on it
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

  8. #20988
    #45 Soldier Majini geluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Thankfully i'm not that important.
    I just tried to help out where I could with the knowledge that I had at the time, it pays to be humble in my book, I was a fool to not stay silent myself.

    I'm still not sure why I was given the things for free to share, I guess it was some type of reward for my dedication,
    but I would of happily paid something towards them even if it was only a tiny amount.

    Being a member of the modding community though for so many years was great,
    I can't fault it, so many skilled people always coming up with new ideas,
    it was like a self education to me, stuff I was never taught in school :-)
    I'm not quite sure what you're talking about or how that relates to the conversation but okay.

    XD

    Do you mean your role in the industry or the community wasn't that important?
    Last edited by geluda; 03-18-2019 at 10:35 AM.

  9. #20989
    #23 Prototype Tyrant
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you're talking about or how that relates to the conversation but okay.

    XD

    Do you mean your role in the industry or the community wasn't that important?
    I'm involved in no industry, but now i'm making an effort to get off my lazy arse due to the inspiration overs and finally take it serious and pursue a full-time career in it properly.
    I kinda got trapped into a cycle of my own chronic depression after loosing various family members and two good friends at both gshi.org and tehskeen, i'm out of it now though, the last 10-12years feel like i've been in a coma.
    If you hadn't noticed just from the way I write, i'm probably slightly dyslexic too.

  10. #20990
    #09 Cerberus Don Piano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default

    It's probably already been asked but eff having to look through all the pages of this post lol but what is the best way or the best program to rip music from RE1.5?

  11. #20991
    #14 Drain Deimos
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    he literally just posted hes still working on it
    I guess I missed it. lol

  12. #20992
    #41 Kipepeo
    MarkGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Piano View Post
    It's probably already been asked but eff having to look through all the pages of this post lol but what is the best way or the best program to rip music from RE1.5?
    biofat

    It's been so long since I've used my own app, so I can't remember for certain, but you should be able to 'drag and drop' the games' BGM files into the app to produce PSF files, which can then be played back in Foobar, Winamp, etc. -- with an appropriate plugin.

    I would suggest using kode54's game audio plugins when and where possible for playback.

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    By the end, the community had become so toxic, that simply just giving them the object of their desire would've defused the situation completely, and everybody would've been better off for it. The Curator selling his disc to Alzaire should've been the end of it. Anything past that was just sheer pettiness.
    The entire situation caused burnout and fallout, for years... and I'm definitely glad it's over. I like seeing the community working together again.
    I'm a blackstar.

  13. #20993
    #45 Soldier Majini geluda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Almost selfishly I'm kind of glad that people have realised they've been fighting over a really crap prototype all of this time. Because let's face it, it's not very good in substance and incredibly broken, a mere curiosity and a nice piece of history for the hardcore collector, not so much for the fans, which has kind of been the situation this entire time. But like you say, at least it's over, for now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •