Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The headless zombies were a glitch. They'd try to bite you and die, without inflicting damage. The zombies don't seem to be any more difficult than the RE1 zombies, on average, although the varieties (such as Fat Cop) and the increased numbers would have made things interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      The headless zombies were a glitch. They'd try to bite you and die, without inflicting damage. The zombies don't seem to be any more difficult than the RE1 zombies, on average, although the varieties (such as Fat Cop) and the increased numbers would have made things interesting.
      Being able to climb obstacles would also have been quite neat.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        Being able to climb obstacles would also have been quite neat.
        I remember seeing some zombies in the sewers climbing up out of the water in one of the 1.5 videos but thats about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
          Then why this feature is absent in the newer installment like RE3 and RE4, they even planned to implement this feature in the outbreak series but they decided not to put it in the game as well ? to be honest with you, I've only seen this feature implanted in games such as batman AS & AC as well as fight night series too !
          OZ, Gemini is right, it does not kill the machine what so ever. We could ask why did they make the zombies less aggressiveness, why did they make the game less scary then 1.5 and so on and so on. Many changes were made, none had to do with what you're assuming.

Comment

• I can't tell you how pleased I am that 1.5 has been getting significantly more attention than Resident Action 6.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
              I can't tell you how pleased I am that 1.5 has been getting significantly more attention than Resident Action 6.
              Resident Action 6, amazing eheh. there are some dudes that claim RE6 is well balanced with fair horror and action, buy i highly doubt. its all about action. anyway, i want to play it but the spoilers are everywhere. damn waiting for the pc.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                I can't tell you how pleased I am that 1.5 has been getting significantly more attention than Resident Action 6.
                sigpic

Comment

• im really going to enjoy resident evil 6 but It will never be the game we all loved many years ago , the games are getting as bad as the movies at times. the movies are ok for just abit of fun.
                  if someone gave me a choice of playing 1.5 or 6 I would choose 1.5

Comment

• 1.5 is a true RE game. RE6 is a joke without a *punchline.

*Punchline DLC available for purchase separately.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                      1.5 is a true RE game. RE6 is a joke without a *punchline.

>Punchline DLC available for purchase separately
                      >available for purchase
                      >available

*looks at 1.5*

Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                        1.5 is a true RE game. RE6 is a joke without a *punchline.

1.5 is a "true" RE game and yet every single one of its developers have called it a piece of shit. Funny how that works.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          1.5 is a "true" RE game and yet every single one of its developers have called it a piece of shit. Funny how that works.
                          I don't buy into the words of the developers really. What exactly is shit about 1.5? The backgrounds? The graphics? The story? The characters? The music? The sound effects? The voice acting? The scenario? The controls? The puzzles? The action?

The only three of those I really buy into as legitimate complaints from the developers are the backgrounds, the graphics and the scenarios, as those are the elements that underwent the biggest changes. The characters are virtually the same, the story is only slightly modified, there is nothing about 1.5 that couldn't be changed and improved on with the amount of work they did.

About 80% of the games backgrounds got scrapped and I can honestly say that I prefer the prototypes backgrounds compared to the retail game. They could have easilly gave the game a graphical overhaul, tweaked the engine and used the time spent to improve on the the game they already had. Like re-rendering the backgrounds at a higher quality, modifying code and changing the scenarios, reinventing the characters and giving them new personalities, creating new puzzles and new ways to tackle the locations, adding new life to boring rooms and making them more exciting. I find it really hard to believe that the game is shit when it's based off one of the most influential games of its era, something I could happily play even today.

If the actual game its self is shit, in my opinion, it's only because it's unfinished. Most of the things to complain about are superficial and would instantly improve 1.5, by miles. Get rid of the repetitive sound effects, improve on and smoothen out any problems with the controls, iron out bugs and make the AI more interesting, redo the script/voice acting and make it more involving, update the graphics and make the textures more detailed.

I honestly think Capcom were just worried the game was too different and thought they were giving away too much too soon in the franchises life, because I really don't see how a new game of this nature could be shit unless they cut the development short and enough time and effort didn't go into making it the best it could possibly be. 1.5 as we see it is like a rough draft, and no rough draft is worthy of publication, the only thing it lacked was polish and it could have easily became something capable of flying off the shelves.
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-28-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            I don't buy into the words of the developers really. What exactly is shit about 1.5? The backgrounds? The graphics? The story? The characters? The music? The sound effects? The voice acting? The scenario? The controls? The puzzles? The action?

The only three of those I really buy into as legitimate complaints from the developers are the backgrounds, the graphics and the scenarios, as those are the elements that underwent the biggest changes. The characters are virtually the same, the story is only slightly modified, there is nothing about 1.5 that couldn't be changed and improved on with the amount of work they did.

About 80% of the games backgrounds got scrapped and I can honestly say that I prefer the prototypes backgrounds compared to the retail game. They could have easilly gave the game a graphical overhaul, tweaked the engine and used the time spent to improve on the the game they already had. Like re-rendering the backgrounds at a higher quality, modifying code and changing the scenarios, reinventing the characters and giving them new personalities, creating new puzzles and new ways to tackle the locations, adding new life to boring rooms and making them more exciting. I find it really hard to believe that the game is shit when it's based off one of the most influential games of its era, something I could happily play even today.

If the actual game its self is shit, in my opinion, it's only because it's unfinished. Most of the things to complain about are superficial and would instantly improve 1.5, by miles. Get rid of the repetitive sound effects, improve on and smoothen out any problems with the controls, iron out bugs and make the AI more interesting, redo the script/voice acting and make it more involving, update the graphics and make the textures more detailed.

I honestly think Capcom were just worried the game was too different and thought they were giving away too much too soon in the franchises life, because I really don't see how a new game of this nature could be shit unless they cut the development short and enough time and effort didn't go into making it the best it could possibly be. 1.5 as we see it is like a rough draft, and no rough draft is worthy of publication, the only thing it lacked was polish and it could have easily became something capable of flying off the shelves.
                            This is so true... Money was the reason to scrap 1.5
                            It really looks more interesting than the RE2 we actually got...

Comment

• ^yeah, because its cheaper to start over when almost finished.

the reasons given were the same complaints in game magazines, i really think this is why.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                                The flow. The direction. The foundation

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                                The way I see it; this is exactly what they did - and thus RE2 was born.

Comment

Working...
                                X