Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to steal any heat away from the topic at hand, but is anyone else confident that the remake of Resident Evil 2 will be shown at E3?

I'm positive that it will be shown. It makes so much sense, being that next year is the 20th anniversary of the game, and it has already been in development for two years. Can't wait until E3 to see footage of REmake2.

The game will probably come out January like RE7, or the next quarter.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      I asked to remove the PEPSI logo, just in case of any extra legal trouble. There was also a vending machine with a Coca Cola sign, now replaced with LeoSol Cola (I bet most people will catch the reference there).
      always best to play it safe

Comment

• Anything new in this footage? I don't follow all this 1.5 stuff as in depth as i used to but I feel like there's something new there? This was uploaded two years ago. Extended E3 1997 footage.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
          Anything new in this footage? I don't follow all this 1.5 stuff as in depth as i used to but I feel like there's something new there? This was uploaded two years ago. Extended E3 1997 footage.

Sounds like someone is also playing re1 in the background, did they have re1 booths at E3 too for people to play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
            Sounds like someone is also playing re1 in the background, did they have re1 booths at E3 too for people to play?
            Nah, that's the yawn theme remix that was put in the e3 video.
            And also that footage is nothing new, you can even find the raw version online.
            I miss the old times.

Comment

• Ah yes, the infamous mix of retail and prototype footage. Very raw early retail footage, claire is using 1.5's Mc51, and Leon is using 1.5's SPAS
              Last edited by Darkness; 05-28-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                Ah yes, the infamous mix of retail and prototype footage. Very raw early retail footage, claire is using 1.5's Mc51, and Leon is using 1.5's SPAS
                It would be really nice to get our hands on that build, whatever it consists of.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-28-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnake11 View Post
                  Nah, that's the yawn theme remix that was put in the e3 video.
                  And also that footage is nothing new, you can even find the raw version online.
                  I wasn't talking about the music you can hear Jill, Wesker and Barry
                  from 1:15 onwards and part of the intro cymbal at 0:05
                  Last edited by Mikhail; 05-29-2017, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• sigpic
                    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                      It would be really nice to get our hands on that build, whatever it consists of.
                      If we had the disc itself, we might find more hidden unplayable 1.5 rooms on it, most likely from the Drains but not the RPD. Oh, and the missing office (the Elza-specific or Leon-specific save room) from the Factory stage would probably be on that disc, since it had been recently replaced by the retail cockroach pipe (early version) on the Trial Version's disc.
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 05-30-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Any here is looking forward to play RE2 remake??

Any news or info about it?

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/29...ode-veronica-x

Comment

• I'm just as eager as you are PROTOBOY, but news has been scarce. We have no choice but to be patient. All of the right flags, and my strong gut tells me that it will be shown at E3 in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see it!

Anyway, I have a question specifically for Gemini.

I'm assuming that this 1.5 restoration will be able to be played on the actual PS1?

I burned the 40% Pure Vanilla Build to a CD, but I couldn't get it to run on the real hardware.
                          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                            I'm just as eager as you are PROTOBOY, but news has been scarce. We have no choice but to be patient. All of the right flags, and my strong gut tells me that it will be shown at E3 in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see it!

I'm assuming that this 1.5 restoration will be able to be played on the actual PS1?

I burned the 40% Pure Vanilla Build to a CD, but I couldn't get it to run on the real hardware.
                            It does play but you need either a cheat device or a mod-chip. Both are easy to come by but the mod-chip is a iffy subject as they are illegal.

The burned discs themselves alone lack to region code and burners can not replicate this. It's stamped on the disc with the game and can not be ready by a normal system. Or rather the code just isn't copy-able by a CD-R reader/burner. Mod-chips bypass this entirely and no region code it needed to boot a game.

The cheat device method is also a bypass. Though it's dependent on what type of cheat device you are going to use. Disc based ones need you to swap while some cartridge based ones do not. Some of the old Goldfinger carts could completely bypass the swap method. Some Calico variants could do this as well.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• It has now been twenty years since RE2 was supposed to be released in the form of RE1.5 (May 1997).
                              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 05-31-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                                I'm just as eager as you are PROTOBOY, but news has been scarce. We have no choice but to be patient. All of the right flags, and my strong gut tells me that it will be shown at E3 in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see it!

No need to call it "Pure", "Vanilla" already states that the build is untouched, PVB was just a term made up by RMandel to come up with a knock off name based on IGAS build initials, aka"MZD".
                                I miss the old times.

Comment

Working...
                                X