Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! I guess...

Also, I'm only catching up on the thread now, so...

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
    It looks different from the File menu in the released beta ¿where did you get from, mysterious newcomer?
    Honestly just looks like someone photoshopped a window around the file menu we already have. The files in the list are all the same. The small picture size isn't helping to verify if it's real.
    Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
      This doesn't mean that the room in the build we have isn't official. The Inflames screenshots typically have a high colour saturation that doesn't really represent the game well. Additionally, they changed some parts of the sewer from green to grey between eras, so it's not far fetched to suggest they'd take the very grey pool room and later add green moss to it.

I definitely think the smudge in the picture is the alligator -- why would the player be shooting at a pre-rendered part of the background?
      The player is not shooting exactly at the "green part", it's shooting at some black sillouette floating in the green pre-rendered part of the background.
      And it's not just that. The fact that the room has no alpha masks, that there's a ruler in a textured wall (When CAPCOM made backgrounds, they were all white and textureless, and they didn't had rulers to measure the walls height, because they were already measured when they started texturing them) and finally, stuff doesn't match. I tried in every way possible to match the ladder, the walls and the water. Nothing matches.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
        The player is not shooting exactly at the "green part", it's shooting at some black sillouette floating in the green pre-rendered part of the background.
        And it's not just that. The fact that the room has no alpha masks, that there's a ruler in a textured wall (When CAPCOM made backgrounds, they were all white and textureless, and they didn't had rulers to measure the walls height, because they were already measured when they started texturing them) and finally, stuff doesn't match. I tried in every way possible to match the ladder, the walls and the water. Nothing matchs.
        Ummmm the ruler is for measuring the water level........

Edit: also how many times have we said that this is an EARLIER build? There's images around the net of environments from other parts of the game that are different in different builds of the game. Is it that hard to get that fact through your skull sheesh!
        Last edited by Deathlygasm; 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

WHERE???? There's a search option there, all I need is, at least some part of the text that was in the post or the username who posted it.
          Right here: http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...highlight=IGAS
          Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• The ruler is used to measure wall height? I always thought it was just used to measure the water level in the tank. Anyway, even if the alligator isn't in that screenshot, it must definitely be fought in this room, as it's the only room big enough to sustain a boss encounter -- every other sewer room is far too small to allow movement during the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatSMurderer View Post
              The same guy who posted this added a "?" in the alligator rooms, even himself is not sure wether this room was fanmade or original.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatSMurderer View Post
                I play on a phone, it is entirely possible that either image is warped to some extent, bioflames because it was taken using a camera, and mine because my phone may well mess with the aspect ratio a little, but I ensure you, the base images more or less match, other than the green blobby things

EDIT: Here's some proof of this, all it took was compressing the bioflames image horizontally a little

It's the right one...I noticed it was a little off, so I edited it, and now this post is a mess lol
                This post couldn't have said it better

Comment

• Honestly, even if the alligator room background is custom made, it's not as if there'd be a lot of difference between different versions of a bleak concrete room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                    The ruler is used to measure wall height? I always thought it was just used to measure the water level in the tank. Anyway, even if the alligator isn't in that screenshot, it must definitely be fought in this room, as it's the only room big enough to sustain a boss encounter -- every other sewer room is far too small to allow movement during the fight.
                    No matter if it is the wall or the water, that ruler would never have been in one of CAPCOM's original textured backgrounds, I highly doubt it.

Comment

• I guess this needs to be posted again

Click image for larger version

Name:	proof.png
Views:	3
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	402786

Comment

No matter if it is the wall or the water, that ruler would never have been in one of CAPCOM's original textured backgrounds, I highly doubt it.
                        For reals, yo? This is a pretty common element in a sewer/water treatment plant.

Wasn't there a puzzle in Parasite Eve 2 where you had to adjust the water level? And similarly, in RE3, there was the contamination level too, that involved draining water as well.
                        Last edited by doriantoki; 03-19-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Why? That would make the space seem even more empty, and I'm sure it's not the last room in the RE series to feature a ruler, pretty sure there was one in a room in CV:X

Comment

You aren't the minds of Capcom therefore you don't know what they had in mind at the time

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                              For reals, yo? This is a pretty common element in a sewer/water treatment plant.

Wasn't there a puzzle in Parasite Eve 2 where you had to adjust the water level? And similarly, in RE3, there was the contamination level too, that involved draining water as well.
                              I would laugh my ass off if a ruler would ever show up in a Resident Evil sewer room, it never did.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              You aren't the minds of Capcom therefore you don't know what they had in mind at the time
                              You have no proof if that room is original, so you can't say bullshit saying it's real.
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• I don't see what's so strange about it. Wouldn't people want to know the water level, especially in a area that's basically a water tank?

Comment

Working...
                                X