Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChuckthePlant View Post
    just lol @ that pic. haha
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Are there many people modding on 1.5? Damn I wonder if I ever going to play this game.
      sigpic

Comment

• You mean how many on the same group or if there is more than one group?

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by GamerTak3r View Post
          Are there many people modding on 1.5? Damn I wonder if I ever going to play this game.
          neva eva

Comment

• Seriously, why would they invest time and money to change entire backgrouds with something so similar that you can't spot the differences without having the two of them next to each others?

Comment

• Originally posted by curse420 View Post
              neva eva
              this quote applies itself for when we will play a good resident evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                Seriously, why would they invest time and money to change entire backgrouds with something so similar that you can't spot the differences without having the two of them next to each others?

Have you ever created a video game? I don't mean this as an insult. I have, and been part of larger teams. What ultimately happens, especially in long development cycles, like 1.5/2, is the game is created in a vacuum. The developers will constantly go back and "update" old material, even if to an outsiders, there's nothing wrong with it. It's the pit falls of creating work in a vacuum, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                  Seriously, why would they invest time and money to change entire backgrouds with something so similar that you can't spot the differences without having the two of them next to each others?

Err, they're from two different lab rooms. The one to the left is the security room on B1. The other is the one on B2, connected to the A-2 Elevator hall. They actually did save time and money by making two rooms from the same model.
                  Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-05-2012, 09:00 AM.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• lol now that's just the opposite effect, it looks cheap and sloppy.

Comment

• As if two offices can't look almost identical even in real life.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                        lol now that's just the opposite effect, it looks cheap and sloppy.
                        Well, the similarity is probably intentional. Like Gemini said, they are office rooms after all. Anyway, it's only those shots that make the rooms look like a lazy edit of each other. The rooms themselves look and feel different, even though they're furnished with the same things. Like these two rooms, the A-2 hall would've probably looked very similar to the entrance hall on B1 (same shape and all) had it been finished.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM4XX009.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	401721Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM5XX012.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	401722
                        Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-05-2012, 11:06 AM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• I wonder, if there is a chance that 1.5 will be released, if it is possible for modders/hackers to kinda fill the missing slots (even if it requires to put in dialogues that are self-made), and to made something that distantly resembles an completed RE game (even without FMV's).

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            Well, the similarity is probably intentional. Like Gemini said, they are office rooms after all. Anyway, it's only those shots that make the rooms look like a lazy edit of each other. The rooms themselves look and feel different, even though they're furnished with the same things. Like these two rooms, the A-2 hall would've probably looked very similar to the entrance hall on B1 (same shape and all) had it been finished.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7222[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7223[/ATTACH]
                            Exactly. The B1 and B2 offices are analogous rooms, just as the entrance hall on B1 is analogous to the A-2 hall on B2. One is directly on top of the other; they are even connected in the same place by the same elevator shaft, and both lead south to some kind of central octagon. Not only can the original developers get away with cloning the office, but I think the best and most logical thing for modders to do would be to apply the B1 entrance hall's "skin" to the untextured A-2 elevator hall. I'm pretty sure it's what Capcom would have done.

---

Originally posted by fishboil View Post
                            I wonder, if there is a chance that 1.5 will be released, if it is possible for modders/hackers to kinda fill the missing slots (even if it requires to put in dialogues that are self-made), and to made something that distantly resembles an completed RE game (even without FMV's).
                            I believe it is largely, but not completely possible. BH1.5 is basically divided into four chapters (RPD, Sewer, Factory, Lab), and with the information/resources we have currently, we can fully and accurately recreate the Factory and Lab areas (with some modifications here and there, like applying skins to a few untextured rooms and recreating certain outdoor Factory backgrounds, which are at least very well-known to us). This is already a great start, as it amounts to half of the game!

However, we can only map the first floor layout of the RPD with complete accuracy, though we don't know what the eastern hallway or (what I believe to be) the eastern stairwell looks like. We ALMOST have the basement fully understood; if only we knew for sure what lies around the corner nearest to the western stairwell door, most of our questions (regarding the basement) would be answered. As for the second and third floors of the RPD, we know very little. We do have a collection of fragments from the second floor, which we could possibly piece together with limited accuracy (Chief's Office, Conference Room, a few hallways), and we know that there is also a media room, medical room, and radio room, though we have no legitimate images of them. We know the makeup of the helipad, and that of the staircase leading down to the third floor, but all we have of the third floor interior is (as far as I know) a couple of hallway shots. Thus, the only way to recreate the entire RPD is with a fair amount of educated guesswork and some original creations (c2keo made an original Radio Room, which I think looks very nice).

As for the sewers, we have a good amount of screenshots and footage, but we don't really know how they fit together. Thus, we could possibly recreate the sewers similarly to how we'd recreate the RPD: employing a lot of educated guesswork and, perhaps, a few original creations if absolutely necessary for plausible continuity.

As for sound effects and background music, we already have a great selection of both, and using pieces of the retail RE2 is another possibility.

As for dialogue, we have a couple of lines spoken in English from the videos, and a bunch of screenshots with Japanese subtitles that I have been deciphering and translating into English (I only have three more to finish, and one of them is already halfway finished).

As for plot... we have precious little.

If/when the "team" finally releases their mod, an enormous chunk of our questions will likely be answered, though we still won't have a complete game unless they complete it themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishboil View Post
                              made something that distantly resembles an completed RE game
                              Last edited by Carnivol; 10-05-2012, 06:04 PM. Reason: BOSS

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                                I want one of those Umbrella mouse pads more than 1.5.

I just remembered I had a Resident Evil 2 pre-order shirt with the zombie peering out from behind the robe and clawing at it - what's the origin of that artwork, anyway? Any details on that particular piece? Was it definitely conceived post 1.5?
                                Last edited by ChuckthePlant; 10-05-2012, 06:38 PM. Reason: poop
                                If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Working...
                                X