Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been alive mostly on discord lately. Things are still moving in the back row.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Are you the only one working on it or is there still a team?

Comment

• Been alive mostly on discord lately. Things are still moving in the back row.
        Are you the only one working on it or is there still a team?
        ^What leftshoe said. It seems like, at this point, the restoration is just a one man crew, with a lot of the work shown, without "spoiling" anything (even though a lot of the surprises at this point I could imagine have already been analyzed and sort of figured out at this point outside of maybe some different concepts for things), amounting to getting guns and other items working right from the last time you streamed something relating explicitly to 1.5. Does MrBZork have any part in this anymore? I know there was an issue with one of the VAs and things getting pretty dark for him. How about that Birkin guy? (sorry if you read this, I don't remember your name, it's been so long since the most exciting developments occurred in regards to what we got!) Is Team IGAS even a thing anymore like it used to be? And if not, is there enough work done to where you could assemble a complete game based on what's been done?

That's the part that has someone like yours truly scratching their head: I know it takes time and effort to recreate everything, especially when certain...drama led to sources of accurate information about the final build of RE1.5 going silent, but it's been 6 years, and AM2R wasn't even a finished game in that timeframe. Hell, it wouldn't even come out in the state it released onto the Internet in until 5 years after that point as a complete game as opposed to the short demos and teasers that people got back then. Milton Gausti poured a lot of work into that gem, and he had others come alongside and help him with parts of the game, but even those that did help later admitted in streams that, for a 1.0 release, there sure was a lot of goofs on their part that anyone who's played the game will have picked up on. Unlike AM2R, though, which was a Zero Mission-esque remake of a finished Game Boy game, this game is some obscure gem that only the most hardest of Resident Evil fans ever gave a shit about outside of some videos about the version of the game getting quite a lot of views back when they were uploaded to YT. If Team IGAS were to stop providing resources when more material is needed to fit into this puzzle of a game which, for this build, requires the recreation of the pieces to fit the whole metaphorical picture, the whole project and the aim of it is toast.

Comment

• Unseen 1.5 short footage

sigpic

Comment

• Oh man this my first time back in this forum in a fat minuet! I've been very active on the subreddit but I still miss the days when 1.5 nerds could discuss stuff amongst each other. That Eurogamer article was very informative though I wasn't aware Richard Mandel was battling cancer that sucks . Nice to know the game is still being worked on and clearly Capcom aknowledges the game considering how much 1.5 inspired content made it into the remake!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Been alive mostly on discord lately. Things are still moving in the back row.
              Did the channel ever become... any less toxic?
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Been alive mostly on discord lately. Things are still moving in the back row.
                Greetings, good sir. Would it be possible to get some proof of life again? Possibly another trailer for Halloween time, to whet the appetites again?

Comment

• On a side note, I noticed Gemini released Resident Evil Rebirth today.

Comment

• Comment

• September 29th

Long time without talking about 1.5, as is September 29 I wanted to share a room of 1.5 that I am working on.

Conference room 114

Click image for larger version

Name:	00.png
Views:	1
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	405043 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	405044

Name:	2.png
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	405045 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	405046

Name:	4.png
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	405047 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	405048

Name:	6.png
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	405049 Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	405050

Name:	8.png
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	405051

There is still work to be done to be ready, missing for the RPD is the basement.
                      Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• Its been a while since i post here, looks like its pretty much dead now days, to be honest i was waiting patiently but today it turned 6 years waiting and i will play it incomplete just with the mods already released, if this project ever made its way out, i will buy it from anyone who sells a good quality bootleg.

for me the wait has ended, so long dudes hope to see you on other threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
                          Its been a while since i post here, looks like its pretty much dead now days, to be honest i was waiting patiently but today it turned 6 years waiting and i will play it incomplete just with the mods already released, if this project ever made its way out, i will buy it from anyone who sells a good quality bootleg.

for me the wait has ended, so long dudes hope to see you on other threads.
                          Yeah so sad it's pretty much dead here now , It was so much fun when it first got leaked and everyone was chatting , now it seems that Gemini is mostly working on RE1 and RE2 for PC....... and 1.5 has faded into the background and if I'm honest I'm not surprised I never got my hopes up for a 100% complete 1.5 game , it's a lot to take on combined with real life and other projects and not even seeing a new screenshot or video for Halloween basically says to me the game is dead in the water for now.

But at least we got the 1.5 battle coliseum and 40% version , that's more then I ever thought I would have got out of 1.5.

atm some guy is recreating a new playable demo of Resident Evil 3.5 and it looks amazing so far if we get a demo one day is another question as once again it's a lot of work.

I also don't think any of the old 1.5 members are working on the game anymore It comes across that only Gemini is working on 1.5 now. Which must be very hard for him , I know I wouldn't be able to do it solely on my own.

Who knows maybe in a few years it might pick up again just have to wait and see.
                          Last edited by chrisliam2; 11-16-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• I wonder if Gemini got C&D'd? The release of Capcom's official RE2make happened at an inconvenient time regarding this project. There's the possibility that they didn't want competition from unofficial projects.

My my, what an unlucky project this has been...

Comment

• Guys, do not throw the towel that easily. We never got any official cancellation of this project. So until we get that the project is still alive and kicking. Besides 6-7 years is where you draw the line? Wow this community got really wimpy. May I remind you that we've waited full 16 years for something playable!? (sic!) I don't know if you were even born at that time but the core of this community is cast in a completely different mould than this! I'm disappointed by some users here assuming things without knowing shit. We spent so many of our years collecting every little discovery, picture, video, every little bit of information we could get out of every media existing - no matter how small and tiny and following every possible lead that made us come closer to 1.5. Even if only by a millimeter. We read every interview, watched every video, analyzed everything again and again and again hoping to find something between the lines. Even without the 40% beta we found so much ("Choose the main cast"-picture, Sherry 1.5 model, Trial disk 1.5 backgrounds and much more). This community is made of steel and we won't just give up. We will wait until we get a decent playable reconstructed version of our first big milestone in our search for 1.5 and we will wait until we get the final official Capcom beta of 1.5 which is confirmed to be out there.

We just have to keep doing what we do best. Practicing our patience.
                              Last edited by Alfred; 11-09-2019, 07:03 PM.
                              Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Well, true. It's not over yet. The crew that put Half-Life: Black Mesa together took 8 years just to produce the 1st half. So there's yet hope left for this project.

But you have to understand that such a long silence is disturbing. People get tired of waiting, and will want to move on at some point. There's more to life than just Resident Evil. My greatest concern is that by the time this game gets pushed out (if ever), there's no audience left for it, because everybody got tired of waiting. Next year it'll be 8 years since the screenshots were leaked. That's already Duke Nukem: Forever-levels of waiting.

Personally, I think IGAS made a mistake, when they attempted to patch the existing game engine. Now that we've seen it, it WAS in a pretty sorry state to begin with. When you patch something like that, adding something will always break something else. It turns into a hopeless cycle of bug fix after bug fix, and time gets wasted. They should've just right away started from scratch with a custom engine, and maybe by now something could be out already. I mean, whatever happened to that RPD-demo we were promised?

Comment

Working...
                                X