View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%
Page 1049 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 49549949999103910401041104210431044104510461047104810491050 LastLast
Results 20,961 to 20,980 of 20993

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

That's not going to happen anytime soon I'm afraid. My guess is that Gemini got spooked by the remake, and has since devoted his time purely to new revisions of RE2 (judging from what I've been seeing on youtube for the past few months).

#11 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    That's not going to happen anytime soon I'm afraid. My guess is that Gemini got spooked by the remake, and has since devoted his time purely to new revisions of RE2 (judging from what I've been seeing on youtube for the past few months).
    Perhaps he is trying to introduce some elements from RE2 and 3 into the 1.5 project. To make it more playable. Still, we need a little update. I hope to see
    their project completede one day.

Is IGAS even working on this thing anymore, or did everything fall squarely on Gemini, after they announced the switch to his engine? Mr. BZork has been disturbingly silent ever since then. My fear is that we're facing something even worse than the Duke Nukem Forever-situation. So it's a good thing that those ISOs leaked back in 2013. At least we got that much from this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Nah, didn't get spooked even by a YouTube strike made by some fake posing as Capcom's legal department (using a gmail of all things, as if). I'm just keeping it silent until RE2make is fully done, dusted, and Capcom won't bother anymore. Also spare time is kinda scarce lately.

#17 Licker

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Nah, didn't get spooked even by a YouTube strike made by some fake posing as Capcom's legal department (using a gmail of all things, as if). I'm just keeping it silent until RE2make is fully done, dusted, and Capcom won't bother anymore. Also spare time is kinda scarce lately.
    thank you for keeping us updated....we shall continue to be patient lol

Second that. Thank you for the update.

#28 Super Tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Good to know it's still might happen one day , also nice to see you on here again , I miss those days when this forum was buzzing with excitement , it's so quiet around here know , rather depressing lol , where did everyone go bingo ? lol.

I still play 1.5 battle coliseum now and again.

Watched you streaming last night as well

so is it just you now ? has IGAS completely gone ?

I also wonder if we will ever see the 80% version of 1.5 , I mean I never thought we would get the 40% build so I guess it might happen one day , would be such a shame if the people or person that owns it never releases it because if anything happened to them it could end up being lost forever and just getting thrown away in the trash , what a crime that would be lol.

Did you enjoy the remake ? I personally loved it , very happy they added the Elza Walker Biker suit for Claire.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisliam2 View Post
    Good to know it's still might happen one day , also nice to see you on here again , I miss those days when this forum was buzzing with excitement , it's so quiet around here know , rather depressing lol , where did everyone go bingo ? lol.

I still play 1.5 battle coliseum now and again.

Watched you streaming last night as well

so is it just you now ? has IGAS completely gone ?

I also wonder if we will ever see the 80% version of 1.5 , I mean I never thought we would get the 40% build so I guess it might happen one day , would be such a shame if the people or person that owns it never releases it because if anything happened to them it could end up being lost forever and just getting thrown away in the trash , what a crime that would be lol.

Did you enjoy the remake ? I personally loved it , very happy they added the Elza Walker Biker suit for Claire.
    The thing is that the "40%" build was a preview build, so more than one source had access to it in 1996, while the so called "80%" build is a development build, meaning that it probably never left Capcom offices.
    Life taught me,don't pacchi anything or else you have to be good heart psx.exe fixer

Well it did leave at least once; Kim's contact.

Did anyone ever say that the build from Kim's contact actually left Capcom's offices? I don't remember such details being disclosed. But I digress, that is a completely dead end and not even worth discussing, the situation surrounding everything relating to those days is so complicated that most people can't appreciate or understand the deadly silence (no pun intended).

Wasn't it the son of a dev who took the disc home? Pretty sure he took shitty 1999 cell phone camera pictures of it on his TV?
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

Leak stories always start with someone finding an old cd somewhere and sharing it with other people / selling it. I wouldn't say it's a dead end, especially now there's a younger generation of devs working at Capcom who might have had access to the build while working on the RE2 remake. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by yurieu View Post
    Most of it yeah, didn't know specific names.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
    Leak stories always start with someone finding an old cd somewhere and sharing it with other people / selling it. I wouldn't say it's a dead end, especially now there's a younger generation of devs working at Capcom who might have had access to the build while working on the RE2 remake. Only time will tell.
    ^

I think the comments about the beta 2 leak paint a pretty good picture of why this is a dead end for the long term. Also the situation around the PlayStation Museum acquisition gives a good idea of how something like that might happen again, and unfortunately a situation like that might very well end up in the loss of an asset, whether it be America, Europe or Japan.

I'm not gonna talk too much about the matter of privacy and professionalism, but I'd think everyone takes the same stance on that matter now after everything that's went on, I honestly wouldn’t imagine seeing anything slip through the net again.
    Last edited by geluda; 03-10-2019 at 07:09 AM.

So... it goes like this. Alzaire, the RE1.5 pioneer, reuned some dudes and bought the game from Goromacida like they tried it some years ago. What a turn around.

#21 Hunter Gamma

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Wasn't it the son of a dev who took the disc home? Pretty sure he took shitty 1999 cell phone camera pictures of it on his TV?
    lol Where did you hear that from?
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

#23 Prototype Tyrant

I thought the pics where of the retail beta in Bleem

#01 Cockroach

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    I think the comments about the beta 2 leak paint a pretty good picture of why this is a dead end for the long term.
    Sorry, wasn't sure what you were referring to here - can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Xranger60 View Post
    Sorry, wasn't sure what you were referring to here - can you elaborate?
    Read the article. The leak lost an individual their job, caused them upset and embarrassment among their friends and family, made it difficult for them to get back into the industry for over a decade, pretty much ruined their life. People in any position of responsibility risks all of that and more, even today.

Thread Information