Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    Wasn't this area in the set of background renders on the BH2 trial?
    I'm pretty sure it was, but it looked unfinished. The whole ceiling was missing as well as some textures if I remember correctly. So this version might be more advanced than what we have in the BH2 trial edition after all?

Comment

• From my knowledge of this build, it pre-dates the trial backgrounds and there are no story files in it. Very incomplete.
      sigpic

Comment

• I doubt we'll be able to play 1.5 anytime soon if the holder of it is, as they may have stated, trying to make it complete. Just look at how long Dark Biohazard has taken, it's going to be hell to modify the engine that Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and CV run on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
          From my knowledge of this build, it pre-dates the trial backgrounds and there are no story files in it. Very incomplete.
          Hum...

versus:

Comment

• Goes without saying the top screenshot is much more complete then the bottom!

Comment

• Seems to me that most Resident Evil fans would prefer just to have the original game, regardless of how incomplete it is. I mean, isn't the whole fascination with 1.5 based largely on the fact that it was an entirely different version of the game that CAPCOM developed? The idea of making it complete is neat and admirable, but there is plenty of fan-related 1.5 material out there as it is, so 40% of legitimate material sounds like it'd be a pretty significant release to me! Ultimately, it's up to the owner to judge how they want to release it, though.

Personally, 1.5 was never a huge concern to me, since I got into the series after RE2... but this is still pretty interesting.
              Last edited by TreblaYevrah; 06-15-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                Hum...

versus:

Looks can be deceiving. The top one is older. Trust me.
                sigpic

Comment

Hum...

versus:

Interesting... I always assumed that the bottom image was an outdoor environment, hahaha.

Comment

Hum...

versus:

and so is the difference

I'd like a classic RESIDENT EVIL (PSX), only, and nothing more.

Comment

• If 1.5 is released, would you translate the game from Japanese to English? That would be cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
                        If 1.5 is released, would you translate the game from Japanese to English? That would be cool!
                        We are already planning to do this.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
                          If 1.5 is released, would you translate the game from Japanese to English? That would be cool!
                          Why English? The new lingo of the free is Brazillian-Portuguese! So that's where my money would go, bro!

Brrrr... br br br br... it's freethin' in here!

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          We are already planning to do this.
                          How exactly do you "plan" something when you don't know the whereabouts of something? Just sayin'
                          Last edited by Carnivol; 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM. Reason: BOSS

Comment

Hum...

versus:

Interesting comparison, although the condition of the backgrounds doesn't necessarily reflect the state of the whole game. Take BH2 Beta 2 for example, compare "ROJI BAK" to "ROJI and TUIKA 5." ROJI BAK is nicely polished and complete looking with foreground laters enabled yet it is from early builds of RE2 as old as Beta 1 and the Trial Edition. Where as ROJI has foreground layers disabled and TUIKA 5 is horribly low res and vastly incomplete, yet that comes from later builds such as Beta 2 and retail. What's also to note is that all of these backgrounds are contained on the Beta 2 disc regardless of being new, old or rejected by Capcom. Either way the ugly looking backgrounds are newer and closer to final than the older polished looking backgrounds.

What you have to consider is whether this room is a new room, an old room or even a rejected room. You also have to consider how he got there in the first place before taking the screen shot, as he may very well have used the JUMP feature and jumped into an old/rejected room that's not part of the main scenario, just in the same way as I can jump into an old/rejected room in Beta 2 that's not part of the main scenario, ROJI BAK.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              How exactly do you "plan" something when you don't know the whereabouts of something? Just sayin'
                              I mean if it is released.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• It's a conspiracy. You see, News Bot is Raymond Vesper in this case, while that facebook person is Jessica and they are both working together to ensure that once 1.5 is released, Capcom cries and they make tons of money from donations.

Comment

Working...
                                X