Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
    lol ....
    Oh right, totally forgot: the 40% build works just like BETA 2. So silly of me, forgetting about that one was really a goofy step on my side.
    Last edited by Gemini; 02-16-2013, 02:03 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Let's not bring RE123 relatedness to these forums.

Comment

• Don't y'all jump on me at once, but I hope that the Team does not release the raw 40% build. The last thing I want them to do is alienate collectors. If you really want a raw experience, just hack the restoration and remove any suspect material. If for some reason the final build ever leaks, then I'd probably change my tune. The 40% build is just an hors d'oeuvre, and until the 80% build is served to us on a silver platter, we won't have our main course (but rather, as some would argue, our just deserts ).

Comment

• In a sense them releasing their remade build is kind of the same as releasing the 40 percent build. It came from that build and all of the 40 percent build is in the teams remake. It would be silly of them to only release their work.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
            In a sense them releasing their remade build is kind of the same as releasing the 40 percent build. It came from that build and all of the 40 percent build is in the teams remake. It would be silly of them to only release their work.
            I see what you're saying, and to an extent that is indeed true by necessity, but we don't know what unused assets they will delete to conserve space. The Advents had shown us that there were untextured and partially textured rooms that the Team flat-out rebuilt from the ground up; why would they include those original assets on their build?

The biggest reason though, as I've said previously, is to not alienate collectors. It would ultimately be in our best interests to allow them to retain the exclusivity of the content that they purchased. Personally, I care more about a fun and well-rounded experience than collecting specific builds for my treasure box.

Comment

• I don't agree with that in the least. They should release it along with their modded version. It's about reducing the value of collectors builds, but rather preserving the game. I am only afraid of bit-rot with the 40% build. If they don't release it, the 40% build might never see the light of day.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                In a sense them releasing their remade build is kind of the same as releasing the 40 percent build.
                No it's not.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                I don't agree with that in the least. They should release it along with their modded version. It's about reducing the value of collectors builds, but rather preserving the game. I am only afraid of bit-rot with the 40% build. If they don't release it, the 40% build might never see the light of day.
                They should nothing, they don't owe anything to anyone. And you don't know who is in possession of that build. Again, people feel entitled. They are working on their own custom version, and that's the only thing they promise. You people should think about long term investment instead of crying for a raw build that will only benefit people's greed.

It's really depressing to see that kind of behavior on these forums, really. This raw build will be very interesting as a benchmark to compare it to their restoration project, and see how incomplete it is. But if it can be saved for some kind of useful purpose in the grand scheme of things, it's much better to keep it from going public too soon.

Comment

• hi and hello, some of you might is wonder what is with some silence lately. it has been many difficult decision to make and many late night of people talk and exchange ideas on how to solve problem pertain to recent events. toes we not want to step on and many things we want to accomplish.

tonight is weekend night for big open letter.

Originally posted by Staff

This here is a respond to what some of you seem to have speculated on regarding a certain Joel Welsh and our role in that incident. After carefully monitoring things, discussing things internally, and looking at our options, we decided to ultimately speak up on the subject. We are aware of the situation where a Joel Welsh, aka. Colvin, recently misrepresented himself and deceived people in order to gain access to information and content he’d normally not be privy to. We understand this is not the first time he has done such a thing, but when dealing with lots of people, both inside and outside the community, I guess not everyone can be aware of everyone and their past history and wrongdoings.

Although some might know him as the “nutjob” who’s been roaming the Resident Evil community for the better part of what must be close to two decades by now, others may know him “professionally” as the guy who’s trying to write a sort of “Making of” book on the creation of the original Resident Evil. Ultimately, regardless of how you know him, truth of the matter is that he’s a sporadic Canadian with a mental disorder, whom deliberately fucks people over, steals, lies, deceives and ultimately just seeks attention for himself – with no concern or interest regarding the public and its interests.

None the less, while we’d prefer to avoid going into all the details right now, what worries us is that he is currently funding his own inability to manage resources in his daily life by illegally reselling what he claims to be a copy of our Resident Evil 1.5 project, dated the 17th of January 2013, to people. A piece of material he neither legally obtained from us, nor has any form for legal ownership of. While the build he claims to have is an outdated build, neither is it representative of our project’s current status nor does the point of compilation contain what was originally present in the source material when the project was at that stage, it is both disheartening and worrisome to see someone try to profit with only personal gain on people’s undeniable desire to see Resident Evil 1.5 released to the public. People claim to have waited for 15 years, but in the case of most of you, that’s nothing but a fabricated lie you are living. Some of you probably did not even know what 1.5 was when you signed up to a Resident Evil forum to discuss this franchise you are truly passionate about. But this does not mean we still don't recognize your desire to actually see this game and we’ve been pulling many late nights in order to put together something that ultimately is intended to give this title the big schablang and more than just a mere 15 minutes in the spotlight - something that hopefully would be putting it on the map for anyone outside of the tiny group of people who think they represent anyone but their own right and left hands when they caps lock “EVERY WANTS BETA NOW!” through the webs.

Now, this here is a little rundown on what is currently “out of our hands” and being shopped around by Joel Welsh; This supposed build is technically not Resident Evil 1.5, not anymore – anyway. If it is what he claims, then it is a hybrid of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2’s codebase, merged together into a soup consisting of previously revealed and unrevealed assets, along with several hundreds, if not thousands, lines of code of our own – along with hundreds of custom assets carefully replicated based on their original counterparts of made entirely from scratch by members of the group. Some of which we are to use and others which we might not be able to use for various reasons. On top of all of this is currently a non-commercial, PlayStation emulator, a custom tool not available to the public, which was lent out to this project to provide a smoother development environment for us to accomplish our goals and vision. This emulator belongs to its original author, is not for commercial use, and this very build of the emulator is not intended for public release for several reasons.

Equal to the “Biohazard 2 Beta v1” debacle, where Colvin desperately fought for the authenticity of some old photoshopped pictures claimed to be of an early version of Resident Evil 2, I guess we could say this is. It reminds us of those days, but this time he’s charging money for his mischief too – and it’s someone else’s hard efforts that’re getting tainted by it and ultimately you, the fans, who have to suffer for it.

Right now, we’re currently looking into our options in regards to our own ownership of any and all of our own custom assets, other people's supposed illegal replication of them, and this sudden and unapproved commercial use our non-profit assets and licenses. There’s of course a tricky situation regarding the bits ‘n’ bobs that one could technically say might belong to Capcom Ltd. too. Especially considering our own failure to keep things at heart. Due to the serious nature of the current situation, we’d urge anyone to refrain from partaking in any types of trades involving our assets and report to us at bob.zork [at] gmail.com any and all evidence you may encounter in terms of such fraudulent behaviour. We’d also like to encourage anyone whom have been stupid enough to exchange money for these assets to send us whatever you can in terms of transcripts of communication pertaining the subject of your transaction, receipts (if applicable), copies and/or a list of any and all assets you paid for, and ultimately to delete your local copies of the assets you've forwarded us (including your e-mail client/provider's outbox mirror) and file a PayPal Money Back request and/or contact your Credit Card/Debit Card suppliers and file a fraud report as soon as possible. Should you need legal advice or help with your Credit Card company or PayPal’s Customer Support regarding this, please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding these matters and we’ll try to do our best to ensure that you have us behind you as far as reclaiming what funds you’ve just spent on goods stolen from us. Should you however chose not to do so, and you’ve knowingly bought stolen goods, be aware that this might backfire on you; depending on how we may chose pursuit this matter further in the future.

I think we should elaborate and repeat a few more things; what you’ve essentially just paid for has most likely been misrepresented as Capcom’s long lost “Resident Evil 2 prototype” (aka. Resident Evil 1.5), it is also packed inside something that was never intended for public access, contains (as also mentioned elsewhere in this text) plenty of code and custom assets belonging to us and not Capcom, and it was also something that was never intended for commercial use and ultimately planned as a sort of public fan-service and tribute to classic Resident Evil.

So I guess some of you “just want to play 1.5” and don’t really care for this project, but let me tell you why you should care. For starters, we, as a group, managed to pull off what others thought impossible and most had long since given up on; Acquire. Authentic. Playable. Prototype. Content. It did however come at a price, but not for any of you, as it was all fronted internally by the group, and we were ultimately dealing with a USD amount touching the five digits border. An amount so ridiculously high for something like this, and yet, the majority of it was generously paid for by a single individual known to the group whom spent less than 24 hours on deciding that he'd ultimately do it 'cause he wanted to see this project happen – an individual whom mostly enjoys his privacy, laughingly and cheerfully claims to hate you all, and who spends most of his time pulling late nights and extra shifts to fund the next good hearted donation drive, kickstarter, project, release, charity, etc. that he finds interesting and "worth it."

Disastrous to both him and the rest of us was the fact that this project had to be prematurely revealed. This project was never intended for public reveal until things were getting close to wrap on the secondary translations front. Some of the rumours you may have read did in fact originate as mere means to trace the information flow of things internally and externally. Part security measure, part social study. Lots of curious data to be collected and learned from in the future. The premature media leaks, as well as this incident with a Joel Welsh supposedly selling unauthorized replications of our material are the type of things that have ultimately come at the cost of many opportunities. And this is certainly not the first time we’ve had the misfortune of experiencing leaks of media from our project, due to people's unhealthy obsession with this game.

Exciting is the word to describe the original vision, where we even wanted to pull off the same type of thing you recently saw with Street Fighter X Megaman – an officially Capcom sanctioned and supported version of Resident Evil 1.5, hopefully capable of proving to Capcom that there is such a market as the one for “classic” Resident Evil titles. To make such a thing happen, certain criteria would have to be met, both to get Sony and Capcom’s approval to make this a reality. Not just talking even higher sums of money, but it turns out it is quite tricky to get unreleased/non-existent PlayStation games onto the PlayStation Network as PSOne Classics. Note how we say tricky and not impossible. However, with apparen leaks like this, it’s safe to say that this train has probably left the station and the doors such an exciting turn of events for the project could’ve opened has most likely been shut tight. Consider that part of the "investment" and vision partly a bummer now - and chances of legally purchasing and supporting Resident Evil 1.5 on official Sony hardware, without modifications, are now slightly less possible. (Although we are certainly open to this idea still and would love to self-fund it and make it happen, should we be given the opportunity to it. We think over 150 000 unique views on a YouTube trailer are good numbers for something that was poorly edited and never really advertised or hyped.)

A secondary backfire of these leaks were rumoured amongst some of you and indeed quite similar to the incidents some THIA staff might be familiar with; the media leaks for this project ultimately did cost us access to a larger pool of Resident Evil 1.5 assets, along with assets belonging to other unreleased Resident Evil titles and assets. Material the project could’ve benefit from, regardless of release method and platform, and also –when the time was right– you. Even things fans of other franchises than Resident Evil could have found quite interesting. Ultimately, this really burned bridges and probably has made things tricky in terms of future restoration/release projects for major unreleased titles.

Done? Nope. Now, a third incident has occurred and we’re once again faced with a situation where the greed, attention cravings, and entitlement issues of certain fans collide with the best intentions of others and people’s general interests. It is a sad day for the Resident Evil fans, a sad day for the Resident Evil community, and a sad day for prototype community. Makes us question ourselves why we should even bother with what we do, why we should continue trying to negotiate reasonable and professionally with people, why we even bother being generous with things, when ultimately, the same type of people persistently exist, making our attempts at “doing nice things for others” so much harder than it ever had to be.

oh letter no say, but we are still working as hard as ever on it. but this is big demotivate, distraction and showstopper that ruin mood, purpose and more.

please be patient and grow up. resident evil is M+/18+ rated game, so grow up first and then we play. also, stay tuned for future coverage. even if a bit early for news yet.

regarding what you call 40%, people use stupid name all the time, but in term of build we start out with; concept of rot only affect our physical original disc. is not like everytime we make test in project, we go scrape off dust from disc to mix into magical beta serum before we bake like pancake. our team provide sufficient backup to ensure proper preservation when old mastered cd-r stop work. look around web for many leaked or preserved game that leak on net and good luck find working download. some people claim intent of preserve, when really mean is 'must hoard on my hdd'. save the share folder, save the world. is glad to see rick hunter make understand

but enough talk, have a few question for project staff or me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    No it's not.

They should nothing, they don't owe anything to anyone. And you don't know who is in possession of that build. Again, people feel entitled. They are working on their own custom version, and that's the only thing they promise. You people should think about long term investment instead of crying for a raw build that will only benefit people's greed.

It's really depressing to see that kind of behavior on these forums, really. This raw build will be very interesting as a benchmark to compare it to their restoration project, and see how incomplete it is. But if it can be saved for some kind of useful purpose in the grand scheme of things, it's much better to keep it from going public too soon.
                    Honestly no matter what they do to the 40% build, it's still the same build, but modified. The same base code if there and all.

I'm not even begging for them to release it, I feel that they should, but they don't have to. Honestly I could care less if they released it as their own build will be superior. Zork commented on wanting people to compare their build to other builds, so we all guessed they would release both.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                      Oh my God, this team is absolutely HARDCORE! They have to be former PSX developers, they just have to. Maybe not ex-Capcom, but definitely experienced with the hardware. One does not simply C-inject into a Playstation. Just like the room layer masks, I'm now pretty confident that it's their own routine, since they have such good control over it.
                      boromir?

Originally posted by Northman View Post
                      Let's see, Halloween, New Year's, Valentine's... Easter next, maybe?
                      so many to chose! i like your way of think.

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      Oh, and I'm still waiting for those cutscenes, Zork.
                      like most dangerous video game... they will come...

Comment

• It's really depressing.

Comment

• I have a question Mr. Zork. How long have you guys been working on this and what inspired you to mod this build or finish it and release it to the public?
                          PSN Gamercards

Comment

• Ok, I'm gonna be blunt here. Who is Tanner and why should we care if he's dead?

Exciting is the word to describe the original vision, where we even wanted to pull off the same type of thing you recently saw with Street Fighter X Mega Man – an officially Capcom sanctioned and supported version of Resident Evil 1.5, hopefully capable of proving to Capcom that there is such a market as the one for “classic” Resident Evil titles. To make such a thing happen, certain criteria would have to be met, both to get Sony and Capcom’s approval to make this a reality. Not just talking even higher sums of money, but it turns out it is quite tricky to get unreleased/non-existent PlayStation games onto the PlayStation Network as PSOne Classics. Note how we say tricky and not impossible. However, with apparent leaks like this, it’s safe to say that this train has probably left the station and the doors such an exciting turn of events for the project could’ve opened has most likely been shut tight. Consider that part of the "investment" and vision partly a bummer now - and chances of legally purchasing and supporting Resident Evil 1.5 on official Sony hardware, without modifications, are now slightly less possible. (Although we are certainly open to this idea still and would love to self-fund it and make it happen, should we be given the opportunity to it. We think over 150 000 unique views on a YouTube trailer are good numbers for something that was poorly edited and never really advertised or hyped.)
                            It's too bad about the ill-fated PSN proposal, SFxMM was a grand precedent set by the fan community to reach out to game companies in general.

I don't want to sound ignorant, but if having it on PSN is such a hassle, wouldn't it be possible and better to just take all the code and port it to PC? I'm sure that any and all Sony references in the game can be revised accordingly.
                            Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 02-16-2013, 04:42 PM.
                            If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• This whole thing disgusts me... Anyone with a damn brain should have realized the implications of what this RE1.5 release meant (me and a few others explained it clearly many pages ago, I believe.) regarding the possible doors it could open towards things like RE3.5, different betas, etc. but some people are just retarded assholes. What should have been a simple thing has been turned into a clusterfuck of unimaginable proportions. I'm glad you guys are continuing the project, I know I would have just said "fuck them" by now and destroyed everything.

As for the original investor in this... let's just say that I'll make sure "Simmons" is on the top of my RE6 User Rankings list. ;)
                              sigpic

Comment

• I'm really interested in any unlockable stuff - I doubt any of it was present in the original builds (Civilian Leon with the jacket could have been an alternate outfit? Or he wasn't a police officer?)
                                I wonder what Elza's could have been like? If she had any..

@ Bjork.. Will there be unlockable costumes in this release? Or will it just have default outfits they wear now?
                                RE2 had come interesting concept art on the PC Version (some of it was 1.5, other outfits for Elza and/or Claire prototype)

@AstroidBlues- Couldn't agree more, though TBH I just wanna pay this beautiful piece of video game history - not particularly bothered about the ethics of it all .. I can't understand why some people get so irate about it - they're gonna be playing the game soon aren't they?
                                Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 02-16-2013, 04:42 PM.
                                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Working...
                                X