Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't it the son of a dev who took the disc home? Pretty sure he took shitty 1999 cell phone camera pictures of it on his TV?

Comment

• Leak stories always start with someone finding an old cd somewhere and sharing it with other people / selling it. I wouldn't say it's a dead end, especially now there's a younger generation of devs working at Capcom who might have had access to the build while working on the RE2 remake. Only time will tell.

Comment

• It's 6th November 1996. Robson & Jerome are top of the UK's pop charts, Die Hard Trilogy is about to be released on the…

Did you know any of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
          Most of it yeah, didn't know specific names.

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
          Leak stories always start with someone finding an old cd somewhere and sharing it with other people / selling it. I wouldn't say it's a dead end, especially now there's a younger generation of devs working at Capcom who might have had access to the build while working on the RE2 remake. Only time will tell.
          ^

I think the comments about the beta 2 leak paint a pretty good picture of why this is a dead end for the long term. Also the situation around the PlayStation Museum acquisition gives a good idea of how something like that might happen again, and unfortunately a situation like that might very well end up in the loss of an asset, whether it be America, Europe or Japan.

I'm not gonna talk too much about the matter of privacy and professionalism, but I'd think everyone takes the same stance on that matter now after everything that's went on, I honestly wouldn’t imagine seeing anything slip through the net again.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• So... it goes like this. Alzaire, the RE1.5 pioneer, reuned some dudes and bought the game from Goromacida like they tried it some years ago. What a turn around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              Wasn't it the son of a dev who took the disc home? Pretty sure he took shitty 1999 cell phone camera pictures of it on his TV?
              lol Where did you hear that from?
              If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• I thought the pics where of the retail beta in Bleem

Comment

• https://www.etsy.com/it/listing/5141...active_2&crt=1 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    I think the comments about the beta 2 leak paint a pretty good picture of why this is a dead end for the long term.
                    Sorry, wasn't sure what you were referring to here - can you elaborate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xranger60 View Post
                      Sorry, wasn't sure what you were referring to here - can you elaborate?
                      Read the article. The leak lost an individual their job, caused them upset and embarrassment among their friends and family, made it difficult for them to get back into the industry for over a decade, pretty much ruined their life. People in any position of responsibility risks all of that and more, even today.

Comment

Read the article. The leak lost an individual their job, caused them upset and embarrassment among their friends and family, made it difficult for them to get back into the industry for over a decade, pretty much ruined their life. People in any position of responsibility risks all of that and more, even today.
                        It was his own daft fault, he should of used an alias and been more secretive instead of being a tellall, the mistakes of youth to gain popularity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                          It was his own daft fault, he should of used an alias and been more secretive instead of being a tellall, the mistakes of youth to gain popularity.
                          He was crazy naive to think it wouldn't make his way back to him, and probably also to trust "friends" that leaked it like that. But yes, the consequences can be grave.

I'd forgotten all about the existence of that "80% build." Wonder if it's sitting on some backup drive somewhere at Capcom, or anywhere outside of Capcom.

The rest of the drama in that story is just ridiculous. Just glad we have what we have, and that people like Gemini are still working on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                            Or he could have done his job. Sounds a bit hypocritical to say when we all appreciate leaks and things slipping the net, but it's true. There's ramifications for absolutely everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                              All of this is so exiting. This one, single video game proto has an absolutely fantastic story attached to it, bigger than I ever thought. The scale of it all is just so absurd, no other game gets even close. And all this just because there are people who want to play games.

I feel, in the end, somebody should've just bitten the bullet, and leak the damn thing way sooner. I really see no other way how the lies, treachery and backstabbing could've been ended. By the end, the community had become so toxic, that simply just giving them the object of their desire would've defused the situation completely, and everybody would've been better off for it. The Curator selling his disc to Alzaire should've been the end of it. Anything past that was just sheer pettiness.

Yeah, I get it. They wanted it to be a nice surprise. But the circumstances just weren't right for this strategy. The atmosphere was just too damn polluted, and people so on the edge, they didn't wanna wait anymore after so many years. Leaking the unmodified raw build would've defused the tense situation among the communities, and then IGAS would've had all the peace and quiet they needed to work on the restoration project, as the fans would've been busy and distracted dissecting the 40% raw build. Of course, a case could be made that other collectors holding other builds in their hands might not have co-operated after that, but ask yourselves this: Did things end up being any better this way?

Poor Andrew Cockburn, he should've really been smarter about his actions. By this, I mean, he should've just quietly dumped an ISO of the pre-release disc and keep it under wraps for a few years, until the commotion dies down, then anonymously drop it off to some torrent site to be found, so it wouldn't be traced back to him. Just goes to show what a druggie lifestyle does to you.

Also, sorry to hear about the deceased Capcom employee. It's sad that a living person had to die for the prototype to leak.

Comment

Or he could have done his job. Sounds a bit hypocritical to say when we all appreciate leaks and things slipping the net, but it's true. There's ramifications for absolutely everyone.
                                Thankfully i'm not that important.
                                I just tried to help out where I could with the knowledge that I had at the time, it pays to be humble in my book, I was a fool to not stay silent myself.

I'm still not sure why I was given the things for free to share, I guess it was some type of reward for my dedication,
                                but I would of happily paid something towards them even if it was only a tiny amount.

Being a member of the modding community though for so many years was great,
                                I can't fault it, so many skilled people always coming up with new ideas,
                                it was like a self education to me, stuff I was never taught in school :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X