Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    No, in re2 it's a triangle three barrel round, if it where real the two above grenades would follow the same path as the bottom one without spraying outwards, the barrels aren't angled.

To make it work re2 style you'd have to make a single round that disintegrated into 3 grenade parts after it's left the barrel, with the force of the middle part splitting the over two outwards without detonating the grenades a kinda airburst hybrid round.

As I remember from videos in 1.5 have only one grenade per shoot, not three like RE2.

Comment

• Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
      As I remember from videos in 1.5 have only one grenade per shoot, not three like RE2.
      you can use the core00.esp from beta2 in retail and get the effect.

now i will feel odd saying my mod has 1.5 grenade launcher

variety is good, but retail launcher is useless in comparison. birkin, if that is what you mean by triple, please reconsider. perhaps have your playtesters try the 2 if you haven't...?

Comment

• Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
        Yeah .. kinda like how RE1's grenade launcher (or Bazooka as it's stupidly called in-game) only shot one grenade 'explosive' round.. except it arched a little instead of just straight forwards in a line like RE2.
        I always thought the air hydra burst thing looked dumb and made combat too easy, especially for crowds - plus it didn't matter if you missed (like you even could right hehe)

It's hard to tell in D.Birkin in simply correcting the original quoted post - or implying that 1.5 will have a retail style grenade launcher.. Hmmm only time will tell I guess.
        Although I think the triple shot on the explosive grenade rounds would make 1.5 too easy - it did for RE2 anyway..
        But at least acid and napalm rounds will still be single (I hope)

Whatever the Team decide to do is up to them - seeing they want it retail style, it may be triple shot IDK..
        I just hope it doesn't effect the gameplay balance too much is all.
        Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 09-16-2013, 11:29 AM.
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• EX 41 Chinese pump action launcher. Holds three 40/35mm shells

Rather unique.
          Last edited by DSC; 09-16-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
            you can use the core00.esp from beta2 in retail and get the effect.

now i will feel odd saying my mod has 1.5 grenade launcher

variety is good, but retail launcher is useless in comparison. birkin, if that is what you mean by triple, please reconsider. perhaps have your playtesters try the 2 if you haven't...?
            Thats great your mod is already looking fantastic, I have sure will be amazing when completed, 1.5 grenade launcher is great, I prefer that one from the alternative but hey already put it so now we can only wait they release and see if the final game will have or not.

Does the the TEAM have playtesters?? I am unemployed and I am not studying that means Ii have many time to play and test .

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
            Yeah .. kinda like how RE1's grenade launcher (or Bazooka as it's stupidly called in-game) only shot one grenade 'explosive' round.. except it arched a little instead of just straight forwards in a line like RE2.
            I always thought the air hydra burst thing looked dumb and made combat too easy, especially for crowds - plus it didn't matter if you missed (like you even could right hehe)

It's hard to tell in D.Birkin in simply correcting the original quoted post - or implying that 1.5 will have a retail style grenade launcher.. Hmmm only time will tell I guess.
            Although I think the triple shot on the explosive grenade rounds would make 1.5 too easy - it did for RE2 anyway..
            But at least acid and napalm rounds will still be single (I hope)

Whatever the Team decide to do is up to them - seeing they want it retail style, it may be triple shot IDK..
            I just hope it doesn't effect the gameplay balance too much is all.

Yes they already did nothing we can do, maybe if they did only for the preview version we still have hope to see the 1.5 grenade launcher in the
            final game, but like you said they do what they think its better.

The game as I played is not easy, for now is not and I love that, specially that I think RE2 and RE3 in PC hard mode normal, nut hard but just normal, when I played this actual build I saw that the game is cool, the zombies are like real zombies, very hard to kill, that means we have to escape from they to save bullets, these zombies are more strong than zombies from RE2 and RE3 PC hard mode, thats nice, if they put a lot of zombies like the 80% build will be great. If they don't change that will be nice if they make a hard mode with more and strong enemies will be the true horror game.

EDIT. I know that the TEAM do what they do, they do what they think its better, they are very good programmers, but I agree with you
            guys....

1.5 grenade launcher is more interesting
            Last edited by PROTOBOY; 09-16-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• It's not Chinese, it's US made and designed in China Lake Naval Weapons Center, California, USA.

Last edited by Patlabor; 09-16-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• D.Birkin, I was wondering if you guys plan on speeding up the zombies by a little bit? They seem even slower than the ones in RE1. I'm just concerned about the game being too easy because you can easily move around them because they are so slow.

Do you plan on re-creating some of the 1.5 backgrounds, even though they are already there, since the quality of some of the backgrounds look like crap? For instance, the factory entrance with all of the chairs.

Do you plan on increasing the gore content? (Please do!) Wider blood pools from defeated enemies, double the blood from handgun shots, etc?

Do you plan on adding even more weapons than are already there, such as the crossbow from RE2, and the Colt S.A.A.?

I know that you guys are doing alternate costumes for the characters. Are there going to be at least 2-3 costumes for each character?

Have you guys started working on events yet? (Scary events, such as a zombie jumping out of a locker after you read a file)

Are you guys keeping the knife the way it is, or are you going to update it to RE2-style?

Some ideas for scary events:

1. A group of zombies charge out of the elevator once you try to use it on the 1st floor for the first time.
                2. A zomibe pops out of a locker after you read a file (a nod to RE1 closet event)
                3. On your way back, in the shutter hallway, the zombies break through the glass window.
                4. In the factory, a civilian zombie is hanging from a chain. After a second pass, the zombie falls from the chain and attacks.
                5. Since you're already updating everything, add a bathroom to the 1st floor, and obviously there will be a zombie in one of the stalls.

Just some ideas I wanted to share.
                Last edited by RetroRain; 09-16-2013, 04:51 PM.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• I though I'd issue a response to some of these if you don't mind. I'm kinda bored.

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                  D.Birkin, I was wondering if you guys plan on speeding up the zombies by a little bit? They seem even slower than the ones in RE1. I'm just concerned about the game being too easy because you can easily move around them because they are so slow.
                  Keep in mind the game is still incomplete at 40%. So zombie AI may be incomplete. And you may not have seen this, but sometimes when zombies receive damage, it triggers them to charge at the player -- pretty fast in my opinion. But sometimes they can be quite slow. Remember, the zombies in this game were meant to strike fear with the sheer numbers of them. Up to 10 zombies can be in one area instead of retail's 8 zombies per room.

Do you plan on re-creating some of the 1.5 backgrounds, even though they are already there, since the quality of some of the backgrounds look like crap? For instance, the factory entrance with all of the chairs.
                  The factory entrance background is terribly incomplete, from the texture to the lighting. They are trying to achieve retail quality, so I'd be shocked if they left it as-is. They have shown that they can edit existing rooms pretty extensively, so they will probably keep it and edit it to quality rather than completely redoing it.

Have you guys started working on events yet? (Scary events, such as a zombie jumping out of a locker after you read a file)
                  It isn't Resident Evil without those jump-scares! ;P

1. A group of zombies charge out of the elevator once you try to use it on the 1st floor for the first time.
                  2. A zombie pops out of a locker after you read a file (a nod to RE1 closet event)
                  3. On your way back, in the shutter hallway, the zombies break through the glass window.
                  4. In the factory, a civilian zombie is hanging from a chain. After a second pass, the zombie falls from the chain and attacks.
                  5. Since you're already updating everything, add a bathroom to the 1st floor, and obviously there will be a zombie in one of the stalls.
                  Whoa! :O

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                    D.Birkin, I was wondering if you guys plan on speeding up the zombies by a little bit? They seem even slower than the ones in RE1. I'm just concerned about the game being too easy because you can easily move around them because they are so slow.

Do you plan on increasing the gore content? (Please do!) Wider blood pools from defeated enemies, double the blood from handgun shots, etc?

Do you plan on adding even more weapons than are already there, such as the crossbow from RE2, and the Colt S.A.A.?

I know that you guys are doing alternate costumes for the characters. Are there going to be at least 2-3 costumes for each character?

Are you guys keeping the knife the way it is, or are you going to update it to RE2-style?

Some ideas for scary events:

2. A zomibe pops out of a locker after you read a file (a nod to RE1 closet event)

Just some ideas I wanted to share.
                    Here we go again

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                      Here we go again
                      Just give the kid a break, it's obvious he's hyped to see the finished project like we are. (though most of us are keeping that excitement to ourselves)
                      Giving feedback is not a problem just as long as it done in a non-demanding way. Some of the best idea came on accident like the chocolate chip cookie. I'm sure IGAS has it all figured out and knows a "few" things we don't in regards to events.

Comment

• Some of the suggestions were actually pretty cool. They're all jump scares though, which are only "scary" the first time. Also, the zombie/person that is hanging, which if on the second time around, the chain is just there by itself and the zombie/person has disappeared? Imagine how unnerving that would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                          Some of the suggestions were actually pretty cool. They're all jump scares though, which are only "scary" the first time. Also, the zombie/person that is hanging, which if on the second time around, the chain is just there by itself and the zombie/person has disappeared? Imagine how unnerving that would be.
                          Somehow hanging zombies on chains got be thinking of crimsonheads. I wonder why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                            Somehow hanging zombies on chains got be thinking of crimsonheads. I wonder why?
                            Spoiler:

?

Comment

• Indeed. Jump scares would be quite welcome.

Doriantoki, it would be more unnerving if the music changed on the second pass and there was a pool of blood under where the zombie was hanging. Now you go to go through the door on the right (into circuit breaker hallway) and as the door opens up, that fallen zombie appears and comes through the door (ala RE2 when trying to go back into the parking lot).

There could be sound cues as well. Like if you're on the second floor, a cutscene will play in which Leon hears a smashing/crashing sound and zombie moans. When you go downstairs to the shutter hallway and, the shutter is somehow closed again (or not depending on how the game flows) and when you open the shutter, zombies rush outward towards you. The hallways is now filled with zombies.

It'd be cool if zombies were roaming outside the window in the east hallway. They would only be visible when the camera angle changes to when you get the fire extinguisher. When you go to pick it up, one will groan loudly and be shown pounding on the window from the outside. They should also be able to break through the window and flood that hall as well.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• So what you're saying is, it needs moar zombies.
                                Last edited by doriantoki; 09-16-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X