View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Enigmatism415, may I suggest two things?

1.) It would be nice if you could compile all the translations you make in a topic, so that the fanbase can access that information in a neat and organized way.

2.) Would you be interested in taking a look at some Japanese Magazine scans and see if they have any relevant information regarding BioHazard 1.5? I could organize them in a .zip or .rar file for you to take a look at. No need for full translations, just whatever catches your eye, since you don't seem to have much problem translating Japanese text.

#28 Super Tyrant

alinhoalisson you should use these translations in your 1.5 2d game.

#31 Birkin Type 3

Quote Originally Posted by chrisliam2 View Post
    alinhoalisson you should use these translations in your 1.5 2d game.
    I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Morellus View Post
    Well i did play it and i didnt like it...
    this is not a secret to anyone.

#49 Giant Majini

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    We simply do not know what the case was in 1.5.
    Well that's not entirely true. The official reason was never stated from a release stand point of course but Capcom told magazines in early 1997 that the cause was the events of the first game.Because this keeps coming up in the previews in magazines.

I am fairly certain it was even on the press release for the game prior to its "delay" to Dec 1997 as well. It talks about cases of mysterious "skin rash" beginning to appea within the Raccoon population. But no specific cause but I guess there are only limited options for it.
    Last edited by Rombie; 09-20-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Boulder Incident Witness

Hunk, from Biohazard France, made a video a while ago with the text from the press release and background screenshots extracted from the RE2 demo, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS7sc...ure=plpp_video
    And yes, the "RE Dash for Saturn and PSX" at the very end is confusing.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by alinhoalisson View Post
    Beta Sherry wants to rape the photoshoper of the picture...
    This .gif is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegluneq View Post
    1.) It would be nice if you could compile all the translations you make in a topic, so that the fanbase can access that information in a neat and organized way.
    I have been working on a translation compilation for the past few days; I just wanted to share some of my progress in the mean time. Don't worry, all the transliterations and translations will be collected in one place soon for fans to easily access.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegluneq View Post
    2.) Would you be interested in taking a look at some Japanese Magazine scans and see if they have any relevant information regarding BioHazard 1.5? I could organize them in a .zip or .rar file for you to take a look at. No need for full translations, just whatever catches your eye, since you don't seem to have much problem translating Japanese text.
    I might already have the magazine scans you're thinking of. What are the issues/dates of the magazines? Speaking of which, here is a magazine subtitle translation for you all:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Worried-Chief.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	7173
    アイアンズ署長:「私なら大丈夫だ
          今は自分の安全を考えろ」
    Chief Irons: “As for me, I’m okay.
    For now, think of your own safety”

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis120 View Post
    I believe you the last part of that is a bit different from what you previously posted. It rather clearly seems to be 「.....をしないと」 implying that something must be done.
    What I have so far:
    「そうだ!署長にこの????をしないと」
    I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's interesting that the Chief is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by imacwesker View Post
    Hunk, from Biohazard France, made a video a while ago with the text from the press release and background screenshots extracted from the RE2 demo, here:
    Absolutely agree. Amazing job. LOL.
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Are all those backgrounds from the Trial Edition? :/ I could have swore I've never seen some of them before.

#21 Hunter Gamma

I made these edits in an effort to somehow make these as legible as I could. The point wasn't to enhance the images but to make out the Japanese text by reducing the extreme brightness, highlights and whiting. I hope the translators find these of use.

Also just for fun, as I just purchased Adobe CS6 Design Standard, I sharpened the Police Station and Rooftop backgrounds that I have which I posted before.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

#24 Black Tiger

Its not confusing at all, they were planning to release the game on both the saturn and the psx, but they canceled the port due to the discontinuation of the sega saturn console in 1998 !
    Last edited by originalzombie; 09-21-2012 at 03:20 AM.

#49 Giant Majini

Woah. Cheers, that is exactly the press release I remember. Can't believe someone still has a copy of that, glad to see... as I had it and lost it, along with numerous files, in a hard drive crash several years back. In any case, yeah it had the "rash" thing I remembered but not much else to go on, I thought more was said but clearly I was wrong. :/

Quote Originally Posted by originalzombie View Post
    Its not confusing at all, they were planning to release the game on both the saturn and the psx, but they canceled the port due to the discontinuation of the sega saturn console in 1998 !
    He's referring to it being confusing that there is a mention of Dash for the Saturn and PSX, not that there was plans for RE2. Aside from this one reference in the PR material linked, there was never any indication that Dash was planned for anything other than the Saturn at the time.

#24 Black Tiger

Well that's the official story, from what i heard they canceled the port because capcom developers had found the saturn extremely difficult to program for due to the faulty dual CPU structure were not specifically designed to work together and way ahead of its time !

#00 Red Herb

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatism415 View Post

What I have so far:
    「そうだ!署長にこの????をしないと」
    I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's interesting that the Chief is mentioned.
    I would simply assume it's saying he has to tell the chief something. It seems to be setting him up to go (back) to the chief's office.

#43 Agitator Majini biohazard_star's Avatar

That seems to make the most sense. Leon has to get to Chief Irons, while Elza has to get to Roy. If you assume that the scenarios are parallel, the helipad is probably just a couple of rooms away from the Chief's office.

Here are two interesting comparisons between the dialogue of the final build and that of the curator build:

Name:	BH2_032.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	7174
    エルザ:「まだ 内に女の子がいるの」「戻らなきゃ」
    Elza: "There's still a girl inside" "[we] gotta go back"

Name:	enwDl.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	7175
    エルザ:「まだ 内に女の子が一人取り残されているのよ」
    Elza: "A girl is still left alone inside"

Name:	bh2_sewerexit_00.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	7176
    マーヴィン:「みんなラクーン警さつの警カンじゃないか!」
    Marvin: "Isn't everybody an officer of the Raccoon Police?!"
    *I think Marvin is speaking because of his hand gesture in the image, but I could be wrong*
    *Interesting use of カタカナ(警官/警かん/警カン), several other final-build images use カタカナ substitutions as well*

Name:	manhole_leonjohn.png 
Views:	469 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	7177
    レオン:「マーヴィン! これは・・・ラクーン警さつの警かんじゃないか!」
    Leon: "Marvin! Isn't this... an officer of the Raccoon Police?!"

Name:	bh2.umbfactory.outside.3back03.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	7178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BHcompleteSherry.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	7179
    *The dialogue of the final beta and the Biohazard Complete disc are identical here*
    シェリー:「…エルザ」「私 ヒミツの入り口を知ってるの」
    Sherry: "Elza, I know a secret entrance"

*Here is the full dialogue in Japanese*
    シェリー:「…エルザ」「私 ヒミツの入り口を知ってるの」
    エルザ:「ヒミツの入り口?」
    シェリー:「ここよ この中から入れるの」
    エルザ:「シェリー! 待って!」
    シェリー:「トビラのところで待ってて!」
    *...and English*
    Sherry: "Elza, I know a secret entrance"
    Elza: "A secret entrance?"
    Sherry: "It's here, [I] can enter from inside this"
    Elza: "Sherry! Wait!"
    Sherry: "Wait by the door!"
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-23-2012 at 09:08 AM.

#49 Giant Majini

Quote Originally Posted by originalzombie View Post
    Well that's the official story, from what i heard they canceled the port because capcom developers had found the saturn extremely difficult to program for due to the faulty dual CPU structure were not specifically designed to work together and way ahead of its time !
    Yes this is all very well and good and all and most likely all correct for why they dropped Saturn development alongside its decline and issues in development of RE2, but you're still missing the point here. Regardless of why RE2 and Dash were cancelled it seems at some point Capcom also considered bringing Dash not just to Saturn but to PlayStation. But your comments at first confused the two.

Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    I made these edits in an effort to somehow make these as legible as I could. The point wasn't to enhance the images but to make out the Japanese text by reducing the extreme brightness, highlights and whiting. I hope the translators find these of use.

Thank you, those three are especially useful since they have yet to be adequately deciphered.

Alzaire, Kim, if either of you are reading this, can you please PM me a version of the 2nd Floor image with a relocated watermark (away from the text)? At the very least, can you crop the photo to reveal only the text (if you're withholding the full image as an anti-fraud reference)?

- - -

Here's another sample translation that is almost complete:

Name:	bh2.umbfactory.plant.2corridor06.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	7180
    *original*
    ジョン:「はあ、はあ…間一ぱつってヤツだな! もう少しでケツにくいつかれてた所だぜ」
    *kanji version*
    ジョン:「はあ、はあ…間一髪って奴だな! もう少しでケツに食い付かれてた所だぜ」
    *rough translation*
    John: *panting* “Hah, hah... by a hairsbreadth, kid! We were just nearly getting our asses bitten”

EDIT: FIXED
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-22-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Boulder Incident Witness

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    Woah. Cheers, that is exactly the press release I remember. Can't believe someone still has a copy of that, glad to see... as I had it and lost it, along with numerous files, in a hard drive crash several years back. In any case, yeah it had the "rash" thing I remembered but not much else to go on, I thought more was said but clearly I was wrong. :/
    "I am glad I can help" (Rebecca's voice )
    There is also these 2 texts I have posted a while ago in Bioflames forums (you obviously know about them ;) but maybe you remember parts of these texts and mix them up with Capcom official press release - I know I did ):
    http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewt...f7fb18cbe4895e
    Last edited by imacwesker; 09-21-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Thread Information