Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It never froze for me when I fought the man-spider at all.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      It never froze for me when I fought the man-spider at all.
      It did freeze on MZB if you fought it too long with leon and with elza it just freezed.
      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
        I'm willing to wait. What's another 16 years?
        Another 16 years is my lifetime!

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
        LMAO - Spotted a spelling mistake .. tut tut Capcom! Harb - Herb LOL
        There's also "Mugnum Parts" instead of Magnum Parts in the PS1 version haha.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
        Elza isn't looking so great!
        Lol discovered this and posted an image about this here a while ago. I don't think people noticed how messed up she looked in the second screenshot!
        Spoiler:

What happens is when they get crushed by Birkin is their parts get squashed to the ground when they're laying flat. But when they stand upright again, gravity pushes them downwards still. Which causes some funny problems. The purple(?) face is just blood that is miscolored because of a glitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post

Poisoned? Nah, that's just the way she looks after being pummelled in the head with an iron bar lol. I realised that you could still bring up the debug menu and use the JUMP feature even after death, so I wanted to see what would happen under various circumstances to see if you could keep your post death models and textures, that particular case after being killed by Birkin. It actually works, although because Birkin leaves you in a squashed and warped state the result is a glitched model as opposed to only battered a bruised textures like I had hoped. You can however do some more interesting things.

lol!!! hahaha

Comment

• Some spooky sounds at the end of that video there.
            sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              Sounds interesting. Will look forward to hearing more! He didn't move on to compose music for Parasite Eve 2 by any chance, did he?
              Nope, he stayed with Capcom until 2003.

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
              You mean Makoto Tomozawa?
              Somebody's been paying attention to my Twitter.

Originally posted by Renard View Post
              Wow, that's really cool! Didn't he move on to music for MegaMan Legends (Rockman Neo)?
              Yep. Are you a Legends fan too?

My interview blog post is ready on Tumblr. Expect a formal thread here on THIA forums soon.
              If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                Yep. Are you a Legends fan too?
                I had the first game for 64 when I was little and I loved it. When I heard about Legends 3 for 3DS, my interest in it came back. Now I have Legends 1 & Legends 2 for my PS1. I'm not really in the "fandom", but I do enjoy the games. I was crushed when Legends 3 was cancelled. :c

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                  I had the first game for 64 when I was little and I loved it. When I heard about Legends 3 for 3DS, my interest in it came back. Now I have Legends 1 & Legends 2 for my PS1. I'm not really in the "fandom", but I do enjoy the games. I was crushed when Legends 3 was cancelled. :c
                  Me too.

Perhaps you find more comfort of that event as I did speaking with the music composer for Mega Man Legends and Resident Evil 1.5. Interview is ready for reading.
                  If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• 500 likes on the IGAS FB page and increasing. Seems they fixed the stiff stair animations that looked so awkward. In addition to that they also added percentages and infinity symbols that were not originally coded in 1.5 (at least the PVB anyway). In other words weapons in RE2 that had percentages and infinity symbols will appear in 1.5. Maybe a slight hint of infinite ammo weapons after game completion perhaps?

Comment

• Between me and my 2 friends we have the entire ps1 series. I played them back when they came out and refuse to play again until he gets off that moon.. what an obnoxious cliffhanger to be left waiting for.
                      When it comes to brainstorming what themes in re2 that were recycled, try thinking out of the box. For example the theme that plays right before the final tyrant battle is one of the most rememberable tracks in the game for me.

Too distinct. Definitely retail exclusive isn't it?. But what if it wasn't? It is very an ambiguous tune isnt it? It was simply attached to the battle theme. It's very ironic; very courageous and heroic and yet is used in a moment of shock and fear.. Maybe it could have been intended for an event more supportive to its mood in 1.5- possibly a moment when, if you do save your supporting character, John/Marvin would come though in a moment to save you- something akin to when Richard comes in for Jill in REmake?
                      Last edited by NEOMEGA; 09-28-2013, 12:47 AM. Reason: Add more insight

Comment

• I just managed to get access to the music on the Resident Evil 2 Trial Edition ISO, and it sounds like a bunch of MIDI instruments. Not that expected anything better, but is there a way to get it to sound like it does in the game, or is it going to require stuff like creating PSFs and such? (which isn't exactly in my skill set, as my experience with programming is extremely limited, at best)

Comment

• Maybe someone could try to make a patch for PVB that allows access to all the vanilla rooms on the build? I remember reading that was Team IGAS original idea, to simply bug fix and crash fix the PVB, open up the locked rooms, and release it like that, all still pure vanilla content, but without the bugs, crashes, and locked rooms. Until they decided on a full restoration of the game. (And I'm glad they did!)

Comment

• Guys a curiosity? While playing with resident evil 1.5 vanilla build, or noticed something on the similarity of the zombie monkey attacks with those of Mrx, it might be after the scrapping of the game, some data of the zombie monkey attacks has changed is added later in the final version of resident evil 2 in mrx?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                              Maybe someone could try to make a patch for PVB that allows access to all the vanilla rooms on the build? I remember reading that was Team IGAS original idea, to simply bug fix and crash fix the PVB, open up the locked rooms, and release it like that, all still pure vanilla content, but without the bugs, crashes, and locked rooms. Until they decided on a full restoration of the game. (And I'm glad they did!)
                              It's possible, but may require a bit of work. Lots of content is missing, even some bare essentials to enter a room. Some rooms have .Rdt(room definition tables), which are like the masks and other data, as far as I know, but missing the .bss(backgrounds) files, and vice versa. I'm sure there are people out there who could make custom ones, maybe biofat has support for this stuff ... idk.. Markgrass said something about like not releasing any functions that would allow people to miss with the 1.5 formats, i may be wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                                Maybe someone could try to make a patch for PVB that allows access to all the vanilla rooms on the build? I remember reading that was Team IGAS original idea, to simply bug fix and crash fix the PVB, open up the locked rooms, and release it like that, all still pure vanilla content, but without the bugs, crashes, and locked rooms. Until they decided on a full restoration of the game. (And I'm glad they did!)
                                Think the problem with that approach would've been that the source build itself is ultimately in such shoddy shape that they would've still had to rewrite a bunch of broken code, rebuild a bunch of broken/missing RDTs for all the unfinished rooms, create new depth layer masks for "fixed" rooms, fix the broken map screen's positioning system, the sewers, etc.. Which ultimately would resulted in a completely empty wasteland of rooms, like some weird ass digital museum walk through a bunch of unfinished data that people cuold just as well masturbate to in photos. Not to mention the same type of stuff we see when people nag about what's 1.5 and what's not. The many reactions we've seen here are curious ... Filling a room with random zombies is 1.5. Inserting retail animations for broken weapon animation is 1.5. Replacing something that's basically got placeholder written all over it is somehow not 1.5 ('Cause, you know, all items in 1.5 were totally intended to look like a coffee logo -- how else would it have been the greatest RE that never was). The logic of it all is puzzling. Guess some people just like to think certain people are more of an authority on the subject or not based on some weird elitist ladder or something, rather than actual skill, knowledge, and competence, or maybe people have spent too much time gazing at the same tiny bits of information that anything that deviates from what little they actually knew somehow creates a conflicting state with their constant belief that anyone ever involved with the actual development of the game and its cancellation are somehow pulling lies out of their ass when they said the game wasn't as good as they wanted it to be.

So ... anyway, rant rant rant, I think they made the right call when they apparently decided to might as well just go for broke and take all known info, all known assets, reach out for more info from whatever sources they might've had for additional things, and then compare all known event data, all discovered internal game logic, and so forth, and run it up against retail to look for structural matches and such. To then work on filling in the remaining blanks -- whilst at the same time shaking things up a bit by doing a bit of optional and technical showcasing on the side, thanks to how both the PlayStation 1, the series, and the fans have changed quite a bit over the years. Creating what may very well be the closest anyone will ever get to a true to the core, fullfilling, and content rich "classic" Resident Evil package ... until Capcom decides to port REmake for a 3D Silence or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X