Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    So ... anyway, rant rant rant, I think they made the right call when they apparently decided to might as well just go for broke and take all known info, all known assets, reach out for more info from whatever sources they might've had for additional things, and then compare all known event data, all discovered internal game logic, and so forth, and run it up against retail to look for structural matches and such. To then work on filling in the remaining blanks -- whilst at the same time shaking things up a bit by doing a bit of optional and technical showcasing on the side, thanks to how both the PlayStation 1, the series, and the fans have changed quite a bit over the years. Creating what may very well be the closest anyone will ever get to a true to the core, fullfilling, and content rich "classic" Resident Evil package ... until Capcom decides to port REmake for a 3D Silence or something like that.
    I fully agree. The path of full restoration was the best to take. The vanilla build, even if they had simply fixed all the bugs, crashes, broken rooms, etc, it still wouldn't have been fun, just a less buggy walk through an unfinished game, with a few extra empty rooms unlocked. Taking all available videos, screenshots, knowledge, etc, of later builds of RE 1.5 to make a fully playable and complete retail quality game, that's indeed where the fun is.

Comment

...creates a conflicting state with their constant belief that anyone ever involved with the actual development of the game and its cancellation are somehow pulling lies out of their ass when they said the game wasn't as good as they wanted it to be.
      Unfortunately for some of us the game being praised during its entire time in development only for it to suddenly get cancelled because it's terrible just doesn't make sense. Nor do I agree with the attitude that I've seen that "if it's the one that got released then it must be better".

I'm not saying it's impossible that someone felt that what was released is better, but this whole bit with all of them unanimously saying it's garbage after they let it get so close to competition is just silly especially for experienced game developers. Mikami didn't like 1.5 (whether it was because he felt it was bad or wasn't done the way he would have is up to you) and Kamiya was under a lot of pressure to please his superiors, so you can safely bet that not everyone was on board with starting from scratch and abandoning all their hard work.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• @eteponge@ even the team said it is not been a restoration project for over a year, you may be confusing people by calling it that all the time.

Comment

• Public has many stories on us or put claims in our posts. We as a team call our project a restoration. It was a restoration from its begins.
          “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• well, sorry about that.

but im still confused why you are calling it restoration, yet taking creative liberties? one makes the other not true.

Comment

• Every liberty we take is to fill holes from the 1.5 developers. The game will stay 1.5.
              “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by meer View Post
                maybe biofat has support for this stuff ... idk.. Markgrass said something about like not releasing any functions that would allow people to miss with the 1.5 formats, i may be wrong though.
                biofat does support all that 1.5 has to offer, indeed... It will also convert those pesky BGM files to PSF, with the click of a mouse.

I've been getting a lot of emails about 1.5, recently. I guess it's finally time to release a new build or something.

In the utmost respect, I won't be adding support for any IGAS work. If these people are as good as I think they are, I'm sure their methods for compression and encryption will keep someone else busy/frustrated for awhile.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                  im still confused why you are calling it restoration, yet taking creative liberties? one makes the other not true.
                  You should look at other restoration projects for movies, paintings, etc..
                  You take "creative liberties" when filling the gaps, but you never blindly just make up shit. It's always an educated guess based on the available reference material. Unless the developer/artist made some really absurd, style breaking choices, it's usually fairly easy to accurately fill in the gaps of something as long as the gap isn't too huge and the overall same message can be communicated, even if you don't know the exact words that were said.
                  Last edited by Carnivol; 09-28-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                    Unfortunately for some of us the game being praised during its entire time in development only for it to suddenly get cancelled because it's terrible just doesn't make sense. Nor do I agree with the attitude that I've seen that "if it's the one that got released then it must be better".
                    What do you expect a developer to say? "Uh, we really like our game, but it's shit. But buy it, even though it's shit." Why would they say negative things? Find me a project where a developer, who isn't being anonymous or talking post-cancellation, talks negatively about their project willingly.

Comment

• When I first played through the MZD build, seeing those rooms that I later found out that Team IGAS had created themselves that we had no known media of, I honestly thought they were a part of 1.5, just areas we'd never seen before. That's how talented they are. The other screenshots they've shown on other recreated areas that are likewise "creative liberties" likewise look like they fit into the game.

Comment

You should look at other restoration projects for movies, paintings, etc..
                        You take "creative liberties" when filling the gaps, but you never blindly just make up shit. It's always an educated guess based on the available reference material. Unless the developer/artist made some really absurd, style breaking choices, it's usually fairly easy to accurately fill in the gaps of something as long as the gap isn't too huge and the overall same message can be communicated, even if you don't know the exact words that were said.
                        I think this nearly perfectly describes the differences between "The SMiLE Sessions" by The Beach Boys and "Brian Wilson presents SMiLE". The former was worked on in 1966/1967, scrapped at 80% completion, and restarted as "Smiley Smile" which retained only a few of the assets from the original project. In 2004, Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys dug up all the old tapes, re-recorded the existing content note-for-note, and filled in all of the missing gaps with his own creative liberties that kept true to the overall style and concept of the project. This "restoration" was leaps and bounds more enjoyable than the bare content of the original tapes strung together and lightly polished.

I think that IGAS, although not on the original Capcom development team, is in some ways more qualified than they are to finish this project (as the original team has probably forgotten most of their own project's details anyway). IGAS may not have access to all of BH1.5's assets and information (yet), but they now host its abandoned spirit.
                        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-28-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borman View Post
                          What do you expect a developer to say? "Uh, we really like our game, but it's shit. But buy it, even though it's shit." Why would they say negative things? Find me a project where a developer, who isn't being anonymous or talking post-cancellation, talks negatively about their project willingly.
                          I'm having a hard time understanding why 1.5 being terrible somehow eluded everyone long enough until the very end. They were either confident of their work, or they weren't. And if they weren't the decision to scrap it would have come much sooner. And I doubt anyone is going to come out in the press talking badly of the people they work with/work for either.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to the IGAS trail demo also did they say another video was coming next month ? I would think maybe sometime near Halloween ?

I wonder were the cut off point will be in trail edition ?

I tried the vanilla trail version a few days ago and the only thing I really wanted to do was climb up on the truck and collect the shotgun ammo lol.

Looking forward to any new info, this project is amazing , I never thought anything like this could be done a few years ago and now look.

was bugging me that I couldn't climb up lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                              I'm having a hard time understanding why 1.5 being terrible somehow eluded everyone long enough until the very end. They were either confident of their work, or they weren't. And if they weren't the decision to scrap it would have come much sooner. And I doubt anyone is going to come out in the press talking badly of the people they work with/work for either.
                              I really don't think that this is so hard to understand at all. Scrapping an entire project is a huge decision to make, and is only done as a last resort. During the early and intermediate stages of development, it is very easy to maintain a mindset of "this will be fixed later, and we'll worry about it then" or "it may seem like nothing special now, but surely it will all come together nicely at the end!". So they carried on with development, and at the end, they were not satisfied with all that they had attempted to achieve. At that point, there was little left for them to do, and what little possibilities remained would have been merely lipstick on a pig anyway. It was with a heavy heart that they deemed a development reboot necessary.
                              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-28-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                                I really don't think that this is so hard to understand at all. Scrapping an entire project is a huge decision to make, and is only done as a last resort. During the early and intermediate stages of development, it is very easy to maintain a mindset of "this will be fixed later, and we'll worry about it then" or "it may seem like nothing special now, but surely it will all come together nicely at the end!". So they carried on with development, and at the end, they were not satisfied with all that they had attempted to achieve. At that point, there was little left for them to do, and what little possibilities remained would have been merely lipstick on a pig anyway. It was with a heavy heart that they deemed a development reboot necessary.
                                Except they made it sound as though it was such an easy decision in Director's Biohazard, coupled with Mikami's sentiment that Kamiya had been allowed to express himself too much as a director. It shows a lack of faith from Mikami. Furthermore, the decision to scrap and start over was an easy one and done several times in RE4's development, and at much earlier intervals than 1.5. They would have made bigger changes sooner, but they didn't and it's puzzling.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X