Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by warren View Post
    on facebook they are asking if fans want a blog or a forum about the restoration project

anyway, i think that the facebook page is managed by at least two guys. One is clearly birkin, but who is "-S." ? it's crearly not bzork because his english is pretty good (no offence to bzork of course, it's not like my english is that better).
    A facebook page is enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
      Between the two facebook pages (I have no idea why they set up two? It's confusing and splits the amount of like), they are pretty much there already.
      The other one isn't official though. It just happens to share/mirror some of the team's posts and has an IGAS banner. They really should put a disclaimer at the top.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• yup, that resident evil 1.5 doesn't have anything to do with the team

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          The other one isn't official though. It just happens to share/mirror some of the team's posts and has an IGAS banner. They really should put a disclaimer at the top.
          Oh, I see. This is really confusing either way. And you're right about a disclaimer.

Comment

• It looks like the Team had been working on the Laboratory quite some time ago; they just uploaded an old (but no less handsome) render of the lift that services B1 through B3. Most of the Laboratory's finished backgrounds are readily available anyway, so I wonder how far along they are with the Shelters (#01 & #02), A-2 Hall (normal & fire versions), Boiler Room, and Ladder Shaft (the fire version of the D-2 Corridor can probably be wrought from the normal version).

Last edited by Enigmatism415; 10-01-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
              Oh, most definitely. And I am aware of that. The backgrounds, specifically. They can't do really do anything with the original 1.5 backgrounds. And the original resolution on those is pretty atrocious. They could render their own backgrounds at a high resolution, sure, but they'd have to redo the old backgrounds or filter them in some way (which would probably end up looking like poo). Anyway, the idea just came to mind because of how startlingly clear some of the images posted on the facebook page have been. But I guess it's in comparison to the grainy/blurry images we are so used to seeing when it comes to 1.5.

Spoiler:
              The images are likely screen shots from an emulator, they also have an in game filter accessible from their debug functions that improves the quality of the backgrounds. If their images look incredibly crisp, that will be why.

Comment

• I just had an epiphany. What if the official IGAS artist is just... well... better than the ones hired by Capcom to work on Biohazard 1.5 / 2? I mean, the original artists were only human, right? Is it so far-fetched? This mindset kinda makes me feel better about not having access to certain original assets, anyway. If we value enjoyment over "authenticity", I'd dare to say that IGAS is a marked improvement over the original developers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                  I just had an epiphany. What if the official IGAS artist is just... well... better than the ones hired by Capcom to work on Biohazard 1.5 / 2? I mean, the original artists were only human, right? Is it so far-fetched? This mindset kinda makes me feel better about not having access to certain original assets, anyway. If we value enjoyment over "authenticity", I'd dare to say that IGAS is a marked improvement over the original developers!
                  I wouldn't doubt it for a second. Although the technology is a lot better these days as well.
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• i hope they just clean up the originals, please dont replace ones we have original by capcom, just clean them up.
                    now i DO want to see their amazing room work with rooms we don't have access to

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                      i hope they just clean up the originals, please dont replace ones we have original by capcom, just clean them up.
                      now i DO want to see their amazing room work with rooms we don't have access to
                      Unfortunately I think some will need replacing. I'm not sure how they'd clean some of the backgrounds up and make necessary changes to unfinished renders without doing cut and paste photoshop jobs. Perhaps there are some techniques they can use? Although I'm not sure what they could do.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Well, we've already seen what they've done with some areas they've made from scratch so far, East Corridor, 3F Corridor, the Stairwell, and a couple of other places we've seen in screenshots they've posted. All have been a great job, and actually look like they belong in RE 1.5, that's a good thing.

Comment

• Yeah but the lab backgrounds are more complex. They are more than just walls with barely any details on them.

Comment

• I could be wrong, but, aren't like 90% of the unfinished lab renders from 1.5 available in complete form in retail? Why not just rip and use those rooms in their place? The elevator posted above is a good example. It's curious they've done their own elevator when there's a perfectly good one (that looks pretty much the same) in retail already.

Regarding re-making/touching up some of the backgrounds, I am all for it. Specifically, some areas just look really bad/unfinished/unpolished, the sewers especially. I feel IGAS would do a good job cleaning these areas up. Also, in some cases, it might be faster and more efficient to just remake a background from scratch instead of attempting to "repair" it using the original as a base.

Comment

• All know the capabilities of the Team IGAS, they can make areas from scratch like the Stairwell 2 and 1, even they can do the missing Fire Corridors from the Lab and Shelters #1 and #2, and other missing rooms. Also they can repair rooms that have the masks broken for example: the L Tunnel 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                                Yeah but the lab backgrounds are more complex. They are more than just walls with barely any details on them.
                                Some are, some aren't. The A-2 Hall, for example, is probably rather simple (like its cousin directly above). Here's a little mockup (I forgot who made it... Biohazard_star?):

Click image for larger version

Name:	2hrjomq.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	403315

The Shelters and Boiler Room, on the other hand, will likely take quite a bit of work (although the latter is very similar to its retail counterpart, but not so much so that it can be recycled in full)

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                                I could be wrong, but, aren't like 90% of the unfinished lab renders from 1.5 available in complete form in retail? Why not just rip and use those rooms in their place? The elevator posted above is a good example. It's curious they've done their own elevator when there's a perfectly good one (that looks pretty much the same) in retail already.
                                A rough render of the 1.5-era lift was already available though, and it's quite a bit different from the retail version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM4XX013.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	403314

Besides, the retail lift had that control panel at the back, which rerouted the car to the train platform (the shaft does not connect this way in 1.5). Aside from the lift, I can't think of any other retail backgrounds that would really fit. Even the retail ladder shaft would feature out-of-place mutant vines everywhere, and it would be missing a middle (B2) platform.

Comment

Working...
                                X