Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Even the retail ladder shaft would feature out-of-place mutant vines everywhere, and it would be missing a middle (B2) platform.
    The plant stuff felt out-of-place even in retail lol.

I do remember seeing, in a set of 1.5 backgrounds extracted from RE2, two unfinished backgrounds with a platform attached to a wall with a ladder (the ladder shaft area). It was gray and untextured, along with the A-2 Hall and Emergency Elevator. They looked similar to the one in RE2's lab, but the ladder was positioned a bit differently. There was also no perspective focus on where the giant plant would have been.
    Last edited by Renard; 10-01-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Are you sure there would be a giant plant there? RE2 had that plant because of the Ivys. But they didn't exist in 1.5.

Comment

• I don't think he's saying there would be a plant there, but the perspective was the same. If I am thinking of the same backgrounds, they're basically the same in 1.5, but the wall/outside/central area is entirely black with a single spotlight focused on the ladder/platform area.

Engimatism - it would have been exceedingly easy to remove the reroute control panel with photoshop. Also, yes, the boiler room area is extremely similar (and this happens to be one of the most complex backgrounds in 1.5/2 - this whole area, really, has an incredible amount of detail in the background and architecture).
        Last edited by doriantoki; 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
          Engimatism - it would have been exceedingly easy to remove the reroute control panel with photoshop. Also, yes, the boiler room area is extremely similar (and this happens to be one of the most complex backgrounds in 1.5/2 - this whole area, really, has an incredible amount of detail in the background and architecture).
          The danger of Photoshop intervention is having to re-import (and thus re-compress) already compressed images. Instead, I think a better way to alter existing backgrounds is to simply construct custom mask layers, which has to be done for most rooms anyway (albeit for a different purpose).

Given how detailed the retail Boiler Room is, it's a good thing that IGAS has a model from which to draw very specific inspiration (it will still be one hell of a job though).

As for the ladder shaft, the perspectives are basically the same, but 1.5 has an extra mid-platform (whilst retail has only two). Also, the ladder is orientated differently in 1.5. Regardless, this should be a pretty easy area for IGAS to recreate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM4XX038.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	403316Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM4XX039.jpeg
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	403317Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM4XX040.jpeg
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	403318

Comment

• Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
            Are you sure there would be a giant plant there? RE2 had that plant because of the Ivys. But they didn't exist in 1.5.
            Maps and a one of the 2-C corridor backgrounds pretty much confirm that there was supposed to be a staircase there instead of a ladder. Though the trial edition backgrounds contradict this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accell View Post
              Maps and a one of the 2-C corridor backgrounds pretty much confirm that there was supposed to be a staircase there instead of a ladder. Though the trial edition backgrounds contradict this.
              Maps from where? The PSM build?

Comment

The danger of Photoshop intervention is having to re-import (and thus re-compress) already compressed images.
                Not an expert on this, but wouldn't it be possible to import photoshopped backgrounds back into BSS files as PNG or BMPs? That way they wouldn't be compressed again.

Comment

The danger of Photoshop intervention is having to re-import (and thus re-compress) already compressed images. Instead, I think a better way to alter existing backgrounds is to simply construct custom mask layers, which has to be done for most rooms anyway (albeit for a different purpose).

Given how detailed the retail Boiler Room is, it's a good thing that IGAS has a model from which to draw very specific inspiration (it will still be one hell of a job though).

As for the ladder shaft, the perspectives are basically the same, but 1.5 has an extra mid-platform (whilst retail has only two). Also, the ladder is orientated differently in 1.5. Regardless, this should be a pretty easy area for IGAS to recreate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9163[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9164[/ATTACH]
                  But remember... The map from the 1.5 of the Laboratory indicates that ladders... doesn't exists... instead... it's a Staircase... see the maps from the 1.5

And for those who play with elza (maybe with leon too), i've just found a rare animation... When you have done the Air Jesus bug... there is going to be a crate... just walk to it and don´t press square for action button... automatically the player will enter to the crate and you can go to the ground normally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX.EXE_01102013_211820_0406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	403319
                  Last edited by STARSRedfield; 10-01-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accell View Post
                    Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                    But remember... The map from the 1.5 of the Laboratory indicates that ladders... doesn't exists... instead... it's a Staircase... see the maps from the 1.5
                    The stairwell on the map represents the original design from the outdated PSM build, which was later changed to a ladder shaft for the final build. All of the available evidence supports this theory.

Comment

• If I would have remembered there only being 2 levels of the ladder shaft I would have realized that outbreak once again recycled the idea of a third level.
                      The ladder shaft just felt awkward how it is set up like that. It looks like an external emergency escape off the side of a building-the fact that it is underground, indoors incased in a large room with alot of empty space along the other 3 walls just comes off as odd. Why didnt the architect just fill the floors from wall to wall, to add a good two small rooms on each level. The fact that this was the goal for this room for both proto and final slightly perplexes me.

Comment

• What's the actual dates of those images?

Comment

• Looks like the ladder renders would be more recent than the stairs that are in the 40% build maps.. Plus they aren't finished and were clearly reused in Retail and Outbreak.
                          As for the huge plant - I doubt that would be in 1.5, as I'm sure the Ivy B.O.W wasn't in that game either. So it would look out of place.
                          I didn't like the plant thing anyway, too much like RE1 and Dino Crisis 2 IMO with the lab rooms being invaded with roots and stuff.

Love the screen of the elevator, and by comparing it to that greymesh render, they did a fantasic job recreating it, adding the railings and signage n stuff

I just can't wait to see the other unfinished areas rendered like the boiler room in the lab and the turn table area (that looks like a trainyard?) I remember seeing somewhere.
                          As for the shelter rooms etc we'll all just have to wait and see - but I bet it's all gonna look amazing - they've done a bang up job with the evidence and east hallway so why would the Lab not look great also
                          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• The emergency ladder room is newer. It's dated December 6, 1996, a month after the 40% build was made. The camera angles and boundaries of the 1.5 boiler room were reused in the beta 2 retail boiler room. The camera angles were eventually changed in retail final. IGAS' 3d artist/s could conceivably just reuse the beta 2 boiler room by shooping in custom renders of the missing items, such as the doors and crates, and shooping out the retail-specific items.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                              The ladder shaft just felt awkward how it is set up like that. It looks like an external emergency escape off the side of a building-the fact that it is underground, indoors incased in a large room with alot of empty space along the other 3 walls just comes off as odd. Why didnt the architect just fill the floors from wall to wall, to add a good two small rooms on each level. The fact that this was the goal for this room for both proto and final slightly perplexes me.
                              Perhaps the spacious shaft was intended to provide emergency ventilation as well. After all, the ladder was only meant to be used in emergencies (the lift provided the primary means of moving between floors), and if there were a chemical or gas leak in the main facility, then it would have made sense to offer ample ventilation en route to a safe zone above.

I think that the original stairwell design from the PSM build worked (and perhaps looked) something like this:

It would have likely also featured a spacious shaft around which the staircases would coil. The limited purpose and significance of the stairwell probably didn't justify such a cumbersome design, so they simplified it into its final ladder-based design.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                              I just can't wait to see the other unfinished areas rendered like the boiler room in the lab and the turn table area (that looks like a trainyard?) I remember seeing somewhere.
                              You're probably thinking of the early sketch renders of the retail-era railway yard, which was never a part of the 1.5-era design.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                              Love the screen of the elevator, and by comparing it to that greymesh render, they did a fantasic job recreating it, adding the railings and signage n stuff
                              I agree, and Ys1 made a nice animation illustrating this back in March:

Compare with retail:

Comment

• Everything just looks dirtier in retail...

Comment

Working...
                                X