Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It adds to the realism IMO. 1.5's backgrounds look a tad dull and washed out while RE2's are sharp and colorful. Also the CG work in RE2's is superior. BUT the more modern look of 1.5's stand out more and seem to be "closer to home".
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      I think that the original stairwell design from the PSM build worked (and perhaps looked) something like this:

It would have likely also featured a spacious shaft around which the staircases would coil. The limited purpose and significance of the stairwell probably didn't justify such a cumbersome design, so they simplified it into its final ladder-based design.
      Well if it looked like THAT I wouldn't complain but I guess the entire thing is that in metal gear that was a massively tall tower while in resident evil it was just a 2-3 level tall climb. A staircase that extravagant does seem unnecessary.
      Now if you want to inject a bit of a fear factor, keep the 1.5 ladder shrouded in darkness like how it is shown in those unfinished renders and add in some howling wind&screeching metal sfx to give the player a sense that they cant tell how big that room actually is. Give them a creeping suspicion that "Maybe if I stay out here too long spiders or that spiderman might come out at me from that gaping darkness". That would make up for the missing looming plant thing that cant be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
        Not an expert on this, but wouldn't it be possible to import photoshopped backgrounds back into BSS files as PNG or BMPs? That way they wouldn't be compressed again.
        .bs is a compressed video frame format. convert video from to lossless to edit will mean lossless new format still have presence of garbage of compressing. when convert to .bs again, new compressing will apply itself to try to preserve garbage of compression from new file. if original asset before compressing is abcdefghi. first compressing is acegi and this is what you apply photoshop to. when you convert back to .bs now, photoshopped dacegi is source subject to compressing and result has suddenly become aei and look very bad.

the suggestion of using overlay masks to add changes is a solution. we much prefer a reconstruct if in need. it give better flexibility for future purposes and allow for full integration with tools.

Comment

• Guys, on resident evil 1.5 there will be a point where all embody a second character, (sherry birkin) in the history of elza is especially (linda) in leon?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
            Guys, on resident evil 1.5 there will be a point where all embody a second character, (sherry birkin) in the history of elza is especially (linda) in leon?
            I always thought the part where sherry climbs through the vent is where you play her (the cutscene that is triggered by turning the lights on in the factory mention that sherry turned the lights on)

Ada/Linda.....who knows

edit - I also noticed the background to that room isn't glitched out on the PVB
            Last edited by Don Piano; 10-03-2013, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
              the suggestion of using overlay masks to add changes is a solution. we much prefer a reconstruct if in need. it give better flexibility for future purposes and allow for full integration with tools.
              I'm sure you guys would try to salvage any original assets that you can, and only reconstruct an existing background as a last resort for quality control right? Sometimes maybe this decision is a difficult one to make?

Comment

• friends is seen museus playstation video game and the game seems to build vanilla version I think it has the same version of 40% which the team works and this is a question for Drbirkin and Mrzord have any idea when more or phenomenon is the demo released? , It seems to me that does not want to release the demo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                  friends is seen museus playstation video game and the game seems to build vanilla version I think it has the same version of 40% which the team works and this is a question for Drbirkin and Mrzord have any idea when more or phenomenon is the demo released? , It seems to me that does not want to release the demo?
                  huh lol

Yeah the playstation museum version is the same as this one. And yeah the demo is coming, who knows what'll it'll have in terms of content. All of their current fixes and additions are to be expected of course (eg expect not to see air jesus, etc). But idk
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

friends is seen museus playstation video game and the game seems to build vanilla version I think it has the same version of 40% which the team works and this is a question for Drbirkin and Mrzord have any idea when more or phenomenon is the demo released? , It seems to me that does not want to release the demo?

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                      .bs is a compressed video frame format. convert video from to lossless to edit will mean lossless new format still have presence of garbage of compressing. when convert to .bs again, new compressing will apply itself to try to preserve garbage of compression from new file. if original asset before compressing is abcdefghi. first compressing is acegi and this is what you apply photoshop to. when you convert back to .bs now, photoshopped dacegi is source subject to compressing and result has suddenly become aei and look very bad.

Ok I kinda get it, I think. The point is - there will be further compression if going the photoshop route and thus you prefer to reconstruct. Thanks for reply.

Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                      Probably what he is saying is: PSM build is the 40% PVB (we already know that), and is asking Team IGAS if they are going to release a further patched/upgraded version of it.
                      The answer is: Yes, they are still working on it and will release when it's done. If they didn't want to release it why would they make a Facebook page about it?
                      Last edited by MiLØ; 10-03-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Mrzord
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	pw04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	403320

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]9166[/ATTACH]
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Zordon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	403321

Comment

• Does anyone still have the one 1.5 patch that lists all the missing room within the debug menu? I wanted to screw around with it if possible.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                              Guys, on resident evil 1.5 there will be a point where all embody a second character, (sherry birkin) in the history of elza is especially (linda) in leon?
                              Sherry is confirmed playable for Elza's game. She switches the lights on and unlocks the door for them using a key that you have to find.

And I think Marvin might be playable? I don't know... There's this bioflames image that makes me wonder if he's a playable character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                                Sherry is confirmed playable for Elza's game. She switches the lights on and unlocks the door for them using a key that you have to find.

And I think Marvin might be playable? I don't know... There's this bioflames image that makes me wonder if he's a playable character.

oh, how i wish to see this marvin model.

Comment

Working...
                                X