Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Just some fan-page.

IGAS' page has this URL and header; https://www.facebook.com/IGASTeam

Comment

• zomb x: Is it possible to get the whole game running is 640x480? As cool as that it, I feel it wouldn't be like an old low res PS1 game anymore.
      Like · Reply · 25 minutes ago

Team IGAS: Impossible. There isn't enough video memory and high resolution causes flickering if not handled correctly. The HI-RES DEBUGGER is something we use for high resolution screens alone. - S.

Comment

• I just wanted to ask. I figured it'd be cool if it could be run in 640x480.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          I just wanted to ask. I figured it'd be cool if it could be run in 640x480.
          I know and im glad it squashes all the dumb HD talk. This is supposed to be 1.5
          But i wouldn't mind 640 after playing the game the right way.
          Last edited by Darkness; 10-05-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
            I know and im glad it squashes all the dumb HD talk. This is supposed to be 1.5
            But i wouldn't mind 640 after playing the game the right way.
            Well at least it explains how they are able to get such crisp and clear screenshots.

Comment

• The game running natively in 640x480 would be cool. Maybe and emulator specific feature?

I really hope they will produce a new video soon. They hinted at it last month and now I am anxious for new gameplay.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• D.Birkin, I was wondering if you guys could do some background testing for the 1.5 backgrounds which includes adding some black shadow? While the quality of the backgrounds for RE2 are good, what I really felt the game lacked was atmosphere. 1.5 has more atmosphere than 2, but I'm noticing it lacks some of the black shadow that RE1 had also.

Like this:

Adding the black shadow makes the room feel darker and more unsettling. Would be interested to see how some 1.5 backgrounds look with it. It might make it feel more like RE1, which could be really good. Just an idea.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Hello people, first post here.

I am really looking forward to the work of Team IGAS. I miss the days of pre-rendered backgrounds in games...

Comment

• Gotta love some pre-rendered backgrounds

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare had some truly stunning backgrounds. Thoroughly recommend the Dreamcast version. PC and PS1 backgrounds really lacked in comparison to the DC one. Plus they didn't have the dynamic torch lighting I believe.

Comment

• How cool would it be also if the team extended 1.5? I wouldn't mind seeing an opened path in the streets/factory areas that lead to a modern hosptial building. Like a side-quest in 1.5.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by braders1986 View Post
                        Gotta love some pre-rendered backgrounds

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare had some truly stunning backgrounds. Thoroughly recommend the Dreamcast version. PC and PS1 backgrounds really lacked in comparison to the DC one. Plus they didn't have the dynamic torch lighting I believe.
                        True. I also enjoyed Resident Evil 2 and 3 the most on Dreamcast.

Back to 1.5 again, does anybody else just love that Factory Rouka theme? It doesn't loop in the vanilla build, and I hope IGAS will fix this. It is very similar to Resident Evil 1's highlights.

Comment

• Braders1986, AITD was also available on the PS2 in Europe and looked better than it's other versions. It's such a great game, story kinda sucks though.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Braders1986, AITD was also available on the PS2 in Europe and looked better than it's other versions. It's such a great game, story kinda sucks though.
                            Having played all versions (other than that Gameboy crap) myself, I'm pretty sure the DC version was the better looker. The PS2 backgrounds were only 320x240. Dreamcast was 640x480. Plus when running through VGA, it looked so much nicer.

Agreed on the story lol what a load of crap that was. Atmosphere and presentation is top notch though.

Comment

• Yes it was indeed a good experience. The music was great, though it all sounded similar. There's nothing better than getting jump scares from when lightning flashes and enemies appear onscreen.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Yes it was indeed a good experience. The music was great, though it all sounded similar. There's nothing better than getting jump scares from when lightning flashes and enemies appear onscreen.
                                Absolutely. It's hardly Resident Evil, but it more than holds it's own with the other big players in the survival horror genre. It even outdoes them in certain areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X