View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

#43 Agitator Majini biohazard_star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doriantoki View Post
    lol now that's just the opposite effect, it looks cheap and sloppy.
    Well, the similarity is probably intentional. Like Gemini said, they are office rooms after all. Anyway, it's only those shots that make the rooms look like a lazy edit of each other. The rooms themselves look and feel different, even though they're furnished with the same things. Like these two rooms, the A-2 hall would've probably looked very similar to the entrance hall on B1 (same shape and all) had it been finished.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROOM4XX009.jpeg 
Views:	347 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	7222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROOM5XX012.jpeg 
Views:	364 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	7223
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-05-2012 at 12:06 PM.

#07 Giant Moth

I wonder, if there is a chance that 1.5 will be released, if it is possible for modders/hackers to kinda fill the missing slots (even if it requires to put in dialogues that are self-made), and to made something that distantly resembles an completed RE game (even without FMV's).

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Well, the similarity is probably intentional. Like Gemini said, they are office rooms after all. Anyway, it's only those shots that make the rooms look like a lazy edit of each other. The rooms themselves look and feel different, even though they're furnished with the same things. Like these two rooms, the A-2 hall would've probably looked very similar to the entrance hall on B1 (same shape and all) had it been finished.

Name:	ROOM4XX009.jpeg 
Views:	347 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	7222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROOM5XX012.jpeg 
Views:	364 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	7223
    Exactly. The B1 and B2 offices are analogous rooms, just as the entrance hall on B1 is analogous to the A-2 hall on B2. One is directly on top of the other; they are even connected in the same place by the same elevator shaft, and both lead south to some kind of central octagon. Not only can the original developers get away with cloning the office, but I think the best and most logical thing for modders to do would be to apply the B1 entrance hall's "skin" to the untextured A-2 elevator hall. I'm pretty sure it's what Capcom would have done.

---

Quote Originally Posted by fishboil View Post
    I wonder, if there is a chance that 1.5 will be released, if it is possible for modders/hackers to kinda fill the missing slots (even if it requires to put in dialogues that are self-made), and to made something that distantly resembles an completed RE game (even without FMV's).
    I believe it is largely, but not completely possible. BH1.5 is basically divided into four chapters (RPD, Sewer, Factory, Lab), and with the information/resources we have currently, we can fully and accurately recreate the Factory and Lab areas (with some modifications here and there, like applying skins to a few untextured rooms and recreating certain outdoor Factory backgrounds, which are at least very well-known to us). This is already a great start, as it amounts to half of the game!

However, we can only map the first floor layout of the RPD with complete accuracy, though we don't know what the eastern hallway or (what I believe to be) the eastern stairwell looks like. We ALMOST have the basement fully understood; if only we knew for sure what lies around the corner nearest to the western stairwell door, most of our questions (regarding the basement) would be answered. As for the second and third floors of the RPD, we know very little. We do have a collection of fragments from the second floor, which we could possibly piece together with limited accuracy (Chief's Office, Conference Room, a few hallways), and we know that there is also a media room, medical room, and radio room, though we have no legitimate images of them. We know the makeup of the helipad, and that of the staircase leading down to the third floor, but all we have of the third floor interior is (as far as I know) a couple of hallway shots. Thus, the only way to recreate the entire RPD is with a fair amount of educated guesswork and some original creations (c2keo made an original Radio Room, which I think looks very nice).

As for the sewers, we have a good amount of screenshots and footage, but we don't really know how they fit together. Thus, we could possibly recreate the sewers similarly to how we'd recreate the RPD: employing a lot of educated guesswork and, perhaps, a few original creations if absolutely necessary for plausible continuity.

As for sound effects and background music, we already have a great selection of both, and using pieces of the retail RE2 is another possibility.

As for dialogue, we have a couple of lines spoken in English from the videos, and a bunch of screenshots with Japanese subtitles that I have been deciphering and translating into English (I only have three more to finish, and one of them is already halfway finished).

As for plot... we have precious little.

If/when the "team" finally releases their mod, an enormous chunk of our questions will likely be answered, though we still won't have a complete game unless they complete it themselves.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by fishboil View Post
    made something that distantly resembles an completed RE game
    Last edited by Carnivol; 10-05-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by News Bot View Post
    I want one of those Umbrella mouse pads more than 1.5.

I just remembered I had a Resident Evil 2 pre-order shirt with the zombie peering out from behind the robe and clawing at it - what's the origin of that artwork, anyway? Any details on that particular piece? Was it definitely conceived post 1.5?
    Last edited by ChuckthePlant; 10-05-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: poop
    If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Cunt Agent

That is so hot.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

THIA Staff

But does it have canon surface texture? It's no good if it doesn't feel right.

(OK ... I want that mousepad.)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckthePlant View Post

I just remembered I had a Resident Evil 2 pre-order shirt with the zombie peering out from behind the robe and clawing at it - what's the origin of that artwork, anyway? Any details on that particular piece? Was it definitely conceived post 1.5?
    sexy

Final update, unless someone finds some flaw I can fix.

Name:	BH1.5_map_Lab.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	7224

How did maps work in the retail RE2/3? Were they rendered with vectors or just a 320x240 bitmap?

IIRC it uses a main 256x256 texture with the rooms rendered as different separate slices, which are later put together with a few coordinate structures in order to provide the full map for a floor.
    Last edited by Gemini; 10-06-2012 at 09:32 AM.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    As if two offices can't look almost identical even in real life.
    No doubt, the place i work has many office areas/rooms that look the exact same.... same tables, chairs, garbage cans and computers. the only difference is the stuff the occupier put up.

Banned

i am new to the forum but only three years seeing pictures and video of this game geniar so I ask if it would be possible to release a demo of the game that this supplement and develop carmaria slightly so the fan is and so would have more confidence by the great and good work that does what I ask for a demo only congratulate if not too much to ask friend.

Ah....translators...

Highly doubt for anything remotely a demo.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

What did I just read?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Romero View Post
    i am new to the forum but only three years seeing pictures and video of this game geniar so I ask if it would be possible to release a demo of the game that this supplement and develop carmaria slightly so the fan is and so would have more confidence by the great and good work that does what I ask for a demo only congratulate if not too much to ask friend.
    Jesus... you might as well have written it in your native language.

¿Habla usted español, Señor Romero?
    Lei parla L'Italiano, Signore Romero?
    Parle-vous francais, Monsieur Romero?
    Você fala português?...Falas português, Senhor Romero?

you guys are acidic ehehe

and i dont see 1.5 in the horizon, not even close to that.

hey guys, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this mod here:

another video here that shows like backgrounds and stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FOHW...1&feature=plcp

the description was translated via google

"This video shows new Rooms for Resident Evil 2 Director s cut and others that do not get in the game for reasons of space and would have to eliminate other if we want to insert new, espramos you enjoy it and let you know that soon will be in direct download the DEMO comopleta of Elza Walker."

Elza walker? lol

I found a comment from this user on the enhanced goromacida video uploaded by imacwesker, "I have a Copy from Bio 1.5 " so I followed his profile and saw those vids. Just sort of curious if anything's been heard of this project he mentioned.

Thanks
    Last edited by meer; 10-07-2012 at 05:38 AM.

#14 Drain Deimos

well, judging from his comments and his videos, i would say that he is a liar and not even a good one

Doesn't care for e-peen doriantoki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside05 View Post
    Ah....translators...

Highly doubt for anything remotely a demo.
    He's basically asking for a demo, in a probably as polite fashion as possible, is my guess. Which is annoying. Maybe we're all just a little too cynical and jaded, but does a new member that JUST signed up, and probably for the sole purpose of begging for a game we've been waiting more than a decade for, seriously think they're going to somehow magically be the one that gets a demo just because they asked nicely for it? Because no one ever in the history and existence of mankind has ever thought to do that before them? Jesus (Romero) Christ. Mind boggling.
    Last edited by doriantoki; 10-07-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Overly Old School

A demo would be about as likely as me flying to the moon powered solely by my ego - it's pretty damned unlikely, but not beyond impossible. But I don't see it happening. It would be a lot of work to seal off the areas (and remove the data) for a demo. Look at retail games - half the time there's a lot of the game that's still there, in the demo, and you simply can't access it. They don't bother. With 1.5, they'd have to, or our own mod squads would have most of the game about 24 hours after release.

I'd expect videos (and am eyeing Halloween for obvious reasons) but other than that, I'd suggest it would be more worthwhile for them to focus on dealing with the game and not get side tracked by a demo.

Thread Information