View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%
Page 14 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

#30 Birkin Type 2

You can mod anything if you have the right software to do it. But decompiling PS1 data, then re-compiling that data and then you gotta compile the entire project and then burn it to a workable ISO for the PS1.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside05 View Post
    I can confirm it's not a prank, from what I've been told, the guy is a trusted name and it's more real than any other near release in the past.
    Anyone can be a 'trusted name', not doubting you or anyone's enthusiasm but that's still not confirmation of a release. Where were you told about this trustworthy information anyway?
    I'll believe it when it is released or more information is shown, otherwise bit skeptical about this 'release'. Will gladly admit when proved wrong.

Doesn't care for e-peen doriantoki's Avatar

And we have no idea how far away the release date, even if it they said "soon". But I am optimistic

One of the guys in that Facebook post I was speaking with, didn't give me much info than what we know already, but mentioned he was trusted (that he knows perosonally) and that the guy has a release date, but the guy I spoke to doesn't know it as he never was told it...yet

I'm optimistic about it as anyone here, just hoping it gets released sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by shanemurphy View Post
    You can mod anything if you have the right software to do it. But decompiling PS1 data, then re-compiling that data and then you gotta compile the entire project and then burn it to a workable ISO for the PS1.
    Decompiling? But that's reverse engineering right? Is it even possible with the PSX?

#30 Birkin Type 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
    Decompiling? But that's reverse engineering right? Is it even possible with the PSX?
    In this day? I have no idea whatsoever. You gotta be able to de-compile the archive or formats used to compile files for the PS1, then you have to compile those files back into the original archive and THEN you have to make sure that you can make a ISO image that works with a PS1 emulator.

On the PC I believe the ability to read from folders instead of compiled archives allows for PC versions modding but for dated software used with the PS1 it could be much more of a task.

Quote Originally Posted by shanemurphy View Post
    It's nice of him to do it, but I'm sure there will be fans who would like their hands on the beta he has right now.

Maybe a double release?
    Probably will be a double release.
    However, even if i know he's a trusted guy, i'm still a bit skeptical...

This was so random and out of the blue, especially for someone to get a hold of the rom. And I wonder if this project is a personal undertaking or there was a demand for it from either the community where he's from or maybe even the person that gave him the rom ... ?

Just to clarify:
    The guy don't own the iso. He have some screenshots and knows who have the game and when will be released.
    ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

#45 Soldier Majini

To make significsnt changes to a PSX image you have to be able to modify the exe file to accept the new post change file size, which to my knowledge is extremely difficult to do. Unfortunately that's about as far as my knowledge of this stuff goes.

Double release would be the ideal way to go I think. Who knows, after this could open up other builds coming out in the future..

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsui View Post
    Just to clarify:
    The guy don't own the iso. He have some screenshots and knows who have the game and when will be released.
    Thank you for the clarification Ketsui. By the way, I noticed your location is Italy, can you tell us anymore about this project that we may not already know? The people who are working on this from what I gather, seem to be pretty competent.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Man.... If this turns out the way its suppose to.... Its been a long wait....

Quote Originally Posted by drunkdog View Post
    Man.... If this turns out the way its suppose to.... Its been a long wait....
    Indeed, it's been a long wait. I hope this is true.

You know 1.5 is getting into your mind when you dream of playing it. Agh.

Banned

I knew bout 1.5 maybe 3 orr 4 years ago ? Well all i know that this isn't random and the time will talk about the truth once it surfaces ....

Overly Old School

Quote Originally Posted by News Bot View Post
    Oh great, a translation worse than CAPCOM's.
    ...that's kinda silly, dude. I mean, think about it; if all this is true, then we have a person or a group of persons not only capable of locating and buying 1.5, for whatever sum of currency it cost, but they have the sources to find it, and apparently can modify the game. We're not clear on how much they can do, but given how hard it is to edit the PC version (and I have Enrico's late night cursing as an indicator) they're probably pretty skilled.

Given the scale and resources here, it's entirely possible they've got a good translator on board. It's not impossible to find them - some anime fan dubbers are infamous for being far closer to the Japanese version than the authorized American version. Hell, I used to know one, way back when.

You aren't the only guy who can accurately translate stuff from the Japanese version.

Overly Old School

Quote Originally Posted by News Bot View Post
    Oh great, a translation worse than CAPCOM's.
    ...that's kinda silly, dude. I mean, think about it; if all this is true, then we have a person or a group of persons not only capable of locating and buying 1.5, for whatever sum of currency it cost, but they have the sources to find it, and apparently can modify the game. We're not clear on how much they can do, but given how hard it is to edit the PC version (and I have Enrico's late night cursing as an indicator) they're probably pretty skilled.

Given the scale and resources here, it's entirely possible they've got a good translator on board. It's not impossible to find them - some anime fan dubbers are infamous for being far closer to the Japanese version than the authorized American version. Hell, I used to know one, way back when.

You aren't the only guy who can accurately translate stuff from the Japanese version.

Cunt Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post

Indeed, I just lack the necessary faith.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Thread Information