View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%
Page 15 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425651155151015 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Quote Originally Posted by doriantoki View Post
    Thank you for the clarification Ketsui. By the way, I noticed your location is Italy, can you tell us anymore about this project that we may not already know? The people who are working on this from what I gather, seem to be pretty competent.
    Unfortunately i have no other information about the project, and even if i have others i cannot tell to the public. I was asked to remove those screenshots from this guy.
    I know i may sound like an asshole, but we have to wait a little more ;)
    Last edited by Ketsui; 06-20-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

The more we wait, the more anticipation builds up for a reward

*Not thinking negative here*

Banned

It's funny how some think there won't be a release and that crap , given the fact that there are many sources who have it , Ironic Lol.
    Still , i'm looking forward this modded ver , Interesting i'd like to know more about how they managed to do that ...
    Last edited by Mrox2; 06-20-2012 at 06:05 AM.

THIA Staff

Digital duct tape, gum and a paper clip, gotta MacGyver the system, Row Row Fight the Power, etc...

So, do we actually have factual evidence and not just "words" that this is happening? And are people at least TRYING not to do a bunch of irrational shit to hurt their chances for seeing anything new?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    Digital duct tape, gum and a paper clip, gotta MacGyver the system, Row Row Fight the Power, etc...

So, do we actually have factual evidence and not just "words" that this is happening? And are people at least TRYING not to do a bunch of irrational shit to hurt their chances for seeing anything new?

THIA Staff

It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that these are faked, albeit an impressive one. Nothing shown so far is new, and all details we have are sketchy at best.

I guess some of us have gone through this rodeo too many times.

Doesn't care for e-peen doriantoki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsui View Post
    Unfortunately i have no other information about the project, and even if i have others i cannot tell to the public. I was asked to remove those screenshots from this guy.
    That's okay. I understand. I won't and don't intended on acting like a rabid entitled fan boy, demanding the game like it's something that's owed to me. That kind of attitude has ruined these kinds of things too many times, so I will wait. Good things come to those who wait, as they say.

#43 Agitator Majini biohazard_star's Avatar

Good things come to those who wait, as they say.
    Indeed. Especially if you've been waiting for nearly a decade for this game to be released. More so for those who have been waiting for far faaaaaaaar longer.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 06-20-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsui View Post
    Do you think the source of these pictures as well as the release informations are credible?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
    Do you think the source of these pictures as well as the release informations are credible?
    As i said previously, he's a trusted guy, but i'm still a bit skeptical.
    About the screenshots:
    If you look the one with Elza and early Robert model, you can notice that was taken with an emulator like Epsxe.

Last edited by Ketsui; 06-20-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

THIA Staff

An emulator ... or the PC version ... We've seen lots of mods there :/

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Where do you get the idea there is a pc version?

THIA Staff

You are assuming it is 1.5 and not a mod. It could easily be the PC version modded, and in fact, I would find that to be more likely, since no one has proven that they are capable of modding the PS1 games with any real depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    You are assuming it is 1.5 and not a mod. It could easily be the PC version modded, and in fact, I would find that to be more likely, since no one has proven that they are capable of modding the PS1 games with any real depth.
    I can see clearly that it is legit. Elza's body shape does not look like Claire's nor Kendo's (John) like RE 2 version of him (I mean the character models look exactly like curators build) on the other hand the PC mods have model of RE 2 characters with different skin. BTW it doesn't look like its been photoshoped or anything. I am sure its legit and the prof is the pic with Elza's model with armor (her shape is identical to 1.5 models.)

I have also checked out the latest video posted by curator last year. Look closely on Kendo (John) on that vid he has no face textures.
    Last edited by GamerTak3r; 06-20-2012 at 02:38 PM.

#31 Birkin Type 3

An emulator ... or the PC version ... We've seen lots of mods there :/
    I say it's a PSX ISO emulated. Because Elza's and John's models doesn't match the ones in the retail, which everyone uses to make 1.5 models. And the background seems to be from the PSX too, because of the poor quality.

#45 Soldier Majini

Half of these backgrounds aren't even available to the public from the Trial Edition, if you think it's a mod start analysing the backgrounds and then you'll have your answer. I've tried my best to compare the helipad shot to BioFlames images and I can't see any obvious flaws that suggest to me it's a custom background. Taking the fact that the BioFlames images were taken from a hand camera causing perspective angles to be slightly off, they look pretty much identical.

THIA Staff

While I wish for this to be the real deal as much as the rest of you, I find the reasoning as for why these couldn't possibly just be a mod of the PC version to be... somewhat flawed

(That also includes the background stuff; I mean, if we don't have 1:1 rips of something, how can you tell whether something's a repro or the real deal...)
    Last edited by Carnivol; 06-20-2012 at 03:03 PM.

#45 Soldier Majini

While I wish for this to be the real deal as much as the rest of you, I find the reasoning as for why these couldn't possibly just be a mod of the PC version to be... somewhat flawed

(That also includes the background stuff; I mean, if we don't have 1:1 rips of something, how can you tell whether something's a repro or the real deal...)
    While I agree you can't analyse the images pixel for pixel, you can still get a good comparison by looking at some details that gives you an idea on just how well the designer would have to imitate the background for it to be a reproduction. I would do a deeper spot the difference analysis and post the images showing the details I looked at but I don't have a computer atm. However some of the things I'm looking at are:

- The wire mesh on the platform
    - The grid work from the metal plating
    - The shadows cast on objects
    - Little splotches dotted around the place

The designer has to replicate every single detail for it to be a custom background, of course that's not to say it can't be done, but the designer only has the same images that we do to go off. That means they have to guess correct colour tone, they have to guess which splotches are real and which splotches are artefacts of compression/camera distortion. When comparing the images (I'm looking at BioFlames helipad, the picture of the helipad that was posted and the helipad from the PSM video) the only thing I can fault is perspective, which may just be down to camera angles and aspect ratio, a lot of minor hard to spot/replicate details seem consistent throughout the three images. When I look at c2keo's backgrounds I can spot differences straight away, I can not do that here.
    Last edited by geluda; 06-20-2012 at 04:53 PM.

I don't doubt that the pictures are legit, but I don't really understand either why the modded pictures are so small?

Banned

Good , are you all done ?
    A little wait means no harm , Patience if you would like to have it ....

@Carnivol , Please don't say that Lol , it's Hilarious , No seriously , even though it will come out of a different and other place .. that .. uh ..

Never mind can you just wait , that ... is.
    Last edited by Mrox2; 06-20-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Thread Information