View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%
Page 19 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829691195191019 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Read like 3 posts above for the answer.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Just to make it clear: what you named are translation groups, which are never involved with this kind of hacking as their only task is to change messages while patching text routines whenever necessary.
    I feel like you're really underselling (some people in) the translation community now ;D

I mean, you know all this already, but for those who're not in the technical know how of stuff; "some" games require you to completely break down the game's event script system in order to force feed it new text, thanks to some games having their dialog pretty much being hardcoded as part of the event script itself, rather than having it fetched from an external database of sorts. Console Resident Evil "partly," at least, would require you to understand some of the RDT's structure to force in translated event text, some way of feeding the game new data without it blocking it for having the wrong CRC, some way of editing whatever format the RE game of choice stores its "FILES"-text in, and a general bit of sorcery to make all your menu text fit into whatever space is available within the game's PSX.EXE (or whatever name it's decided to take upon itself in the title of choice).

While I'm not sure how much trouble ATLUS' coding monkeys gave you with those PS1 Shin Megami Tensei games (assuming a lot) ... surely there's a lot of know-how being applied to solve those kinds of "issues" there that could easily be applied to other things too... if you wanted to do specific things (such as either fixing a broken game ... or ... well ... trolling the shit out a community with some epic fake material ).

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
    One thing is faking a 2D sprite, and another is to recreate a 3D rendered environment.
    If Sonic == 2D to you, time to crawl out from underneath that rock you've been hiding. Sonic went 3D ages ago, and the furries love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLŲ View Post
    maybe the guy who posted the pics on Facebook is someone who doesn't have the build, but he knows someone who does and is going to release it.
    ^This.

#14 Drain Deimos

and what if he says so just because he fears that someone at capcom could try to recover his beta ?

it seems to me that everyone that releases new re 1.5 screenshots claims that he doesn't have the game...

Who knows. But Capcom doesn't, and will never, care.

#14 Drain Deimos

do we have any real proof that capcom really doesn't care ? how do we know that someone at capcom never contacted anyone who publicly stated that he does have the beta ?

and even if that's so, it is possible that who does have the beta thinks that capcom cares about it...
    Last edited by warren; 06-21-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Just common sense and logic.

Even if Capcom does contact a person who releases 1.5 on the web, does sue and send him to jail - that person will always be remembered as a shining icon in the Resident Evil community... so yeah, it's totally worth the trouble

I can see that THUPER happening.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    do we have any real proof that capcom really doesn't care ? how do we know that someone at capcom never contacted anyone who publicly stated that he does have the beta ?

and even if that's so, it is possible that who does have the beta thinks that capcom cares about it...
    Well, anyone who's ever somehow had it, or had access to it, have quickly become awfully quiet about it shortly after media from it has gone public... they've also been known to dodge a lot of questions and also been people who're adults with a little bit more between their ears than "LOL INTERNT! TEH POLICE CAN'T TOUCH ME! TO THE LEAK MACHINE, DR. STRUDELPUFF!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MiLŲ View Post
    Even if Capcom does contact a person who releases 1.5 on the web, does sue and send him to jail - that person will always be remembered as a shining icon in the Resident Evil community... so yeah, it's totally worth the trouble
    Totally... not. If there's one thing I can promise you right now; I would at least never go to jail over some game "just for you guys" ;D
    I've seen people been promised the most insane shit in exchange for fame and glory, and, well ... most of those incidents reminds me of The Flying Car.

#14 Drain Deimos

maybe the current owner knows that if it he ever confirms that he has the game he will be harassed forever by the resident evil community

anyway, let's hope for the better.

Doesn't care for e-peen doriantoki's Avatar

There aren't really any universally applicable copy right laws, especially governing a unique scenario like this. For example, if you had a copy of the 1.5 beta, lived in America, and were the target of cease and desist from Capcom employees in Japan, well ... they couldn't really DO anything, legally. It's a huge legal grey area. If the person lived in Japan that had a copy of 1.5, yeah, that's different, they're a citizen of Japan and bound under their copy right laws.

I just find it funny how some people cower in fear over these kinds of copy right issues, when legally, there's no precedent, and it's a huge grey area as to what kinds of "trouble" you could get in.

THIA Staff

^Pretty much regardless of which area of the world you live in, you'll be potentially ticking off some arm, branch, extension or partner of Capcom who owns the (potentially exclusive) distribution rights to Biohazard/Resident Evil 2 and/or could put up fight for infrigment on its overall design/scenario. ;D

Please do take note of how you rarely see unreleased games that everyone involved said had flaws of some sort (and thusly got cancelled), while you often get to see stuff from games either the dev or publisher claim to've been really happy with, but for reason X or Y ended up being cancelled. Companies tend to like to protect their IPs and a certain type of quality tied to their franchise (PS: pointing towards OCR or Survivor 2 isn't much of a defense in court)
    Last edited by Carnivol; 06-21-2012 at 02:23 PM.

#14 Drain Deimos

that's right.

anyway, let's hope that at least capcom isn't against us!

Capcom doesn't care about us, they care about their money.
    Last edited by Gemini; 06-21-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Doesn't care for e-peen doriantoki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    ^Pretty much regardless of which area of the world you live in, you'll be potentially ticking off some arm, branch, extension or partner of Capcom who owns the (potentially exclusive) distribution rights to Biohazard/Resident Evil 2 and/or could put up fight for infrigment on its overall design/scenario. ;D

Please do take note of how you rarely see unreleased games that everyone involved said had flaws of some sort (and thusly got cancelled), while you often get to see stuff from games either the dev or publisher claim to've been really happy with, but for reason X or Y ended up being cancelled. Companies tend to like to protect their IPs and a certain type of quality tied to their franchise (PS: pointing towards OCR or Survivor 2 isn't much of a defense in court)
    That is a huuuuuuge can of worms. I would rather not open it. Capcom employees involved with 1.5 have ran the gamut when it comes to 1.5. It's difficult to tell if the employees were lying or telling the truth. They could be protecting themselves if they felt that 1.5 wasn't of the quality they wanted, and conversely, they could also be protecting their asses if the game was just TOO good, utilizing many new ideas, effectively ending the storyline, where they could no longer make new sequels. I personally choose to the believe the latter, as the Resident Evil series has gone on to be milked out of control, and there are gameplay systems in 1.5 that have slowly trickled into new Resident Evil games over the years.

#31 Birkin Type 3

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post

RE GBC Beta Accident.
    Stupid guy: I'm gunna report u, dis gayme is for a museum!!!!!! *reports*
    CAPCOM: Who fuckin' cares? *Beta released*
    Stupid guy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, I was going to quote that GBC incident when a guy made a thread at Capcom-Unity saying that they're holding the beta for ransom (lol), to then be described by a admin or higher up; 'so what? we're not affiliated and we don't care'.

Boulder Incident Witness

Quote Originally Posted by doriantoki View Post
    That is a huuuuuuge can of worms. I would rather not open it. Capcom employees involved with 1.5 have ran the gamut when it comes to 1.5. It's difficult to tell if the employees were lying or telling the truth. They could be protecting themselves if they felt that 1.5 wasn't of the quality they wanted, and conversely, they could also be protecting their asses if the game was just TOO good, utilizing many new ideas, effectively ending the storyline, where they could no longer make new sequels. I personally choose to the believe the latter, as the Resident Evil series has gone on to be milked out of control, and there are gameplay systems in 1.5 that have slowly trickled into new Resident Evil games over the years.
    Doesn't make any sense, really. You don't cancel a game because it is "too good". Even if 1.5 was ending the storyline, you can always find ways to make sequels.

I remember how people said that BioHazard-Sample-19950804 and 19951004 is a simple hoax. Now we have a similar situation

Last edited by DZIAD; 06-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.

I'd like a classic RESIDENT EVIL (PSX), only, and nothing more.

Thread Information