View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps there is still quite a few different soundtracks within the Beta that we haven't heard yet. In the Halloween teaser, we heard the soundtrack for the gorilla boss battle. Something that we didn't hear in the past (Once again, correct me if I'm wrong).

It could be possible that many soundtracks such as the safe room, are on the disk, unless they were reused in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps there is still quite a few different soundtracks within the Beta that we haven't heard yet. In the Halloween teaser, we heard the soundtrack for the gorilla boss battle. Something that we didn't hear in the past (Once again, correct me if I'm wrong).

It could be possible that many soundtracks such as the safe room, are on the disk, unless they were reused in retail.
    Correct, Baboon battle music was never before heard. We have heard the track from the sewers and the RPD roof that goes "dun dun dun dun da da da dun" When marvin and ada go ahead of leon, and when elza is on the roof. Its in the PSM footage so its on the disc, red lab is on the disc. What else? both the hunk tracks are on the disc. Other than that? Only the team knows at this time.
    Last edited by Darkness; 01-10-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

sure, there can be a lot of tracks unheared on that build. now think about it. in one article fact was given out by a composer that none of the 1.5 track where not used in retail. it was an obvious lie. i don't remember what article that was. but things like music quite often are worked on early stages. while getting the overall game plot and once few background renders where finished the composer watched those screens and started creating atmospheric music. namely BGMs. I highly doubt that any of the retail in game scene music [leon meating claire; talking with chief and marvin etc] originates from 1.5. As things like this will require special aproach from composer to fit with what is currently seen.

And btw, the fact that team used retail first floor soundtrack on their trailer might indicate that this track indeed is on 1.5. Although it does not fit with 1.5 r.p.d.. but then again this might be the fact that we are used with retail.

I do surely hope there are more soundtracks on that build. I am quite sure that this is part of 1.5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4i1W--bcD4

It also contains samples that where used in RE Gun Survivor. I am 100% sure of it.
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I want to point out that as I have analyzed and researched a lot of retail music is actually1.5 music, thusit would be totally ok if re 2 music would be used in 1.5. Doesnt really matter witch one. There can be tons of more that came from 1.5 we just don't have enough information at hand. If the main police theme of 1.5 was not confirmed, nobody would agree adding it from Retail to there. But it is de facto 1.5 track. so much of examples.
    And to make even greater note. Remeber this main police theme of 1.5 appears only o n c e in retail, in the skytram area. But there are other such tunes that are used only in one place like for instance the kendo shop tune. And of course the BUS theme witch surely feels very 1.5ish....
    I could definitely see the bus theme being used in some blood-caked hallway in the RPD, though it's a bit short to be used for an entire area. Would be best if kept a one-shot track like in retail.

The first and second floor themes of the retail RPD, which I love to bits, I don't feel fit 1.5 well, but the mansion-esque setting of retail, god yes. The basement theme for sure still fits.

The Buildup of Suspense (Marvin's Office), I could see still fitting the office you go through to meet Roy, but unfortunately we already know what theme plays there. Honestly, I thought the look of that office in 1.5 looked a bit clean for just being raided by zombies, aside from bloodstains and books scattered on the floor.

The G-Embryo theme has some elements and SFX of Birkin's themes, even from 1.5, so maybe it could be used then too.

Alligator theme, there were alligators, so why not.

The Moth's room theme, which is pretty long for a pansy-ass "boss" that can be dispatched in less that 30 seconds, I could see fitting a part of the sewers or lab.

#43 Agitator Majini biohazard_star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    lol. That's kinda my point. We don't know if anything was planned, like HUNK. But guessing would be terrible and waste the team's time.
    Just because we don't know what extras were planned for the game doesn't mean the team shouldn't add in any. Maybe you haven't noticed, but the build they have is apparently less than half complete. Unless they magically have the design documents for the game, there's going to be a whole bunch of guesswork and ideas borrowed from retail used in order to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Just because we don't know what extras were planned for the game doesn't mean the team shouldn't add in any. Maybe you haven't noticed, but the build they have is apparently less than half complete. Unless they magically have the design documents for the game, there's going to be a whole bunch of guesswork and ideas borrowed from retail used in order to finish it.
    I guess I don't like the idea of it because it would take away from development of the game itself.
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

Quote Originally Posted by The Ekamp View Post
    The Moth's room theme, which is pretty long for a pansy-ass "boss" that can be dispatched in less that 30 seconds, I could see fitting a part of the sewers or lab.
    This theme is definitely one of the creepiest themes in the game. I reckon this must have been leftover from 1.5. Although I've listened to the soundtrack of RE2 many times, this is the only one that still really creeps me out everytime I listen to it. This could have been used in a different area of the 1.5 lab.

Although the retail RE2 theme the team used at the east corridor is placed great, I would prefer this unreleased tune ( Distant Memories) to be played at the east corridor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1f6...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I guess I don't like the idea of it because it would take away from development of the game itself.
    It doesn't have to though, it can be created after the game has been finished off and a release date confirmed. It's a good idea to create a version that seems a lot more like an official released professional version with replay value. Something akin to HUNK's escape probably wouldn't take that long to create yet it'll still improve replay value.

Hunk escape from 1.5 sewer to 1.5 R.P.D. helipad. Brilliant idea! Absolutely brilliant.

Team, please consider Gradon idea if You have time of course. Hunk dashing trough fat hunting zombies. Yeah!
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Here it is guys - a finalised alarm for 1.5

I had to record and heavily edit RE Darkside Chronicles for the voice, but I feel it works perfectly.
    The alarm sounds and BGM was added later - really still has that 1.5 vibe - like the original video - but without the phone operator placeholder LOL

I feel it wound be better than using the retail RE2 version as it wouldn't be different enough. My opinion I guess but hey, here ya go.. Enjoy!
    Comments would be lovely =3 - new to Youtube BTW hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RydI...ature=youtu.be
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

#24 Black Tiger

That soundtrack is great, but the problem is you can still hear the faint footsteps which is annoying, if you can isolate the footsteps sound from the alarm track it will turn out great !

Quote Originally Posted by originalzombie View Post
    That soundtrack is great, but the problem is you can still hear the faint footsteps which is annoying, if you can isolate the footsteps sound from the alarm track it will turn out great !
    Yh I didn't know how to without messing the rest up..
    If someone could do that?

I just figured with the ingame sound effects and walking around it wouldn't be noticeable LOL
    Its because it was recorded from DSC so as the footsteps, talking and BG alarms all count as SFX it couldn't be avoided - only the music could be muted in the options menu

Great work with the alarm track, RaccoonSurvivor.

Thanks guys ..
    Even if something similar doesn't make it into the mod - I'm sure they'll be a way to edit the music files (and put this into the game) hehee

It's a good effort, but the footsteps aren't the only problem. You can hear the cackling of the lower quality alarm as it comes in and out and it's rough on ears with headphones. I understand what you've been aiming for though, and it's a good idea if spliced perfectly.
    Last edited by Gradon; 01-10-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Boulder Incident Witness

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    This whole heresay thing continues and we go around in circles. No wonder NB is annoyed.

No in April 1997 TGS 1.5 still appeared on the floor. Talked about this much earlier in the thread, as when it came to the E3 a few months later they republished the 1996 English PR details for 1.5, pushed the game back to late 1997, and screened footage that combined 1.5 and early work on finished version together because they didnt have enough new stuff to show. That video was also posted in this thread several times.

Video from the April 97 TGS from the wonderful people at Biohazard France off a Sony disc that shows it was there:

http://youtu.be/RiXpfN7gTkg

And images from SurvivHor;

http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net...ESE/index.html

People just need to do a little research before jumping to conclusions.
    it took me some time to find the topic again, but I knew that Inflames had more details about the scans I'd used in my website. In his video, you can clearly see that the audience is watching a clip, not playing the game. So this video is the proof that Capcom showed a video at TGS97, and not a playable demo (check first post for a link to download the video).
    http://bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic...ea9293130af0c7

THIA Staff

Couldnt they do both?

Quote Originally Posted by imacwesker View Post
    it took me some time to find the topic again, but I knew that Inflames had more details about the scans I'd used in my website. In his video, you can clearly see that the audience is watching a clip, not playing the game. So this video is the proof that Capcom showed a video at TGS97, and not a playable demo (check first post for a link to download the video).
    http://bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic...ea9293130af0c7
    Could someone check if it is really japanese? It kinda sounds like vietnamese to me...
    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

That is not Japanese audio at all. I don't know what language it is, but it isn't Japanese.

Thread Information