View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Vanilla Pudding, Willamette Parkview Mall

Quote Originally Posted by drunkdog View Post
    I do not remember this song what so ever, looks i'm gonna have to make a run through of the game again. Is it on all modes?
    I'm not too sure, this instantly stood out for me at that part in the game, while I was playing Original as Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    But even then its the same thing, hes saying development is constant and things change and its always getting more complete, today this animation is broke tomorrow they fix it, today only the one door animation, they add 20 new ones!
    I don't understand what you mean by the first part.
    All I can really pull from is that, as you see it, development is speeding along smoothly and extremely fluently and quickly! Due to their ability.
    Last edited by Leonardos5; 02-13-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
    PSN Gamercards

Quote Originally Posted by Aleff View Post
    Which makes me think that they have the source code + compiling tools for the game
    They don't have the source code as the documentary states they are using C injection, which is something quite common on PC hacking (it's done through DLLs), but it involves having not even a single line of the engine source code.

Now all we have to see is the other areas that hey have not shown us. I want to see the sewers in the next video.

Vanilla Pudding, Willamette Parkview Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post
    Now all we have to see is the other areas that hey have not shown us. I want to see the sewers in the next video.
    I SECOND this motion!
    I could have waited on it before, mainly being neutral, but now I'm excited and PUMPED!
    I believe we are now ready to recieve this!
    Also, I'm LOVING that gallery music...
    It's like a better, classic version of RE 5's....
    Is this real? It feels like I'm dreaming!!
    THIS IS SO AWESOME!
    OR the FACTORY!
    That'd be pretty awesome!
    Last edited by Leonardos5; 02-13-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
    PSN Gamercards

That`s just freaking great...

Good to see the team is still alive. So they are creating enemy/story files and item descriptions from scratch, and also a gallery. It`s clear that the team is going seriously with this project and trying to make a game as complete as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardos5 View Post
    I SECOND this motion!
    I could have waited on it before, mainly being neutral, but now I'm excited and PUMPED!
    I believe we are now ready to recieve this!
    Also, I'm LOVING that gallery music...
    It's like a better, classic version of RE 5's....
    Is this real? It feels like I'm dreaming!!
    THIS IS SO AWESOME!
    OR the FACTORY!
    That'd be pretty awesome!
    Uhm that "gallery music" is actully the save room theme from RE1...
    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

THIA Staff

New video, and yet people always want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    Human nature. But its a giddy type of anticipation of laughter and happiness, not something else. So you kinda made it seem like something its not
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

Just what I thought too..
    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

#55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar

I want to look down on others too. I too think the same thing, Shallow and pedantic.

Viiiids. Moar Vids.

Fine work by the team. It seems that the memory card is the save item, after all. We've never seen a console in any of the pre-rendered backgrounds of the Trial Disc. I'm guessing those are going to be used in computers. Also, kudos for the inclusion of an artwork gallery. That's the little things I enjoy seeing in a videogame, and which, unfortunately, were never common back in the 90's. Perhaps the team will expand on this idea and include more material if they come across it. It will surely be enjoyable to dissect it.

However, there is one thing that bothers me. I can understand creating missing portions of the game to fill in whatever is not there from the PSM build or the Trial Discs. I can even accept some small cameos for old-school fans, although I'm not particular fond of those unless they were intended in the first place. But that aside, there is one line that shouldn't be crossed; contradicting the established (even if little elaborated) storyline of BioHazard 1.5. And before you jump the gun, I know this might not be final. But still I can't help but mention this:

It makes zero sense for a Chris' Diary to be present in the game. Period. After the STARs arrived from the mansion, they stayed for a short time in the Raccoon Police Department's infirmary and then they were transferred to the state general hospital. I doubt Chris had any time to be writing diaries (or reports) on the incident, considering that the priority was to get healed from (presumably) the injuries they sustained. Furthermore, Shinji Mikami expressed that he did not want any characters from BioHazard 1 to come back (and I assume that also means any direct references of them). If you consider both of these conditions, it's doubtful that the scenario writer had any intentions of including a Chris' Diary (or any other document or file provided by a member of STARs) in BioHazard 1.5.

So please, don't invent. Do what you must to craft this beauty into an awesome prototype, but don't botch it for the sake of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegluneq View Post
    Fine work by the team. It seems that the memory card is the save item, after all. We've never seen a console in any of the pre-rendered backgrounds of the Trial Disc. I'm guessing those are going to be used in computers. Also, kudos for the inclusion of an artwork gallery. That's the little things I enjoy seeing in a videogame, and which, unfortunately, were never common back in the 90's. Perhaps the team will expand on this idea and include more material if they come across it. It will surely be enjoyable to dissect it.

However, there is one thing that bothers me. I can understand creating missing portions of the game to fill in whatever is not there from the PSM build or the Trial Discs. I can even accept some small cameos for old-school fans, although I'm not particular fond of those unless they were intended in the first place. But that aside, there is one line that shouldn't be crossed; contradicting the established (even if little elaborated) storyline of BioHazard 1.5. And before you jump the gun, I know this might not be final. But still I can't help but mention this:

It makes zero sense for a Chris' Diary to be present in the game. Period. After the STARs arrived from the mansion, they stayed for a short time in the Raccoon Police Department's infirmary and then they were transferred to the state general hospital. I doubt Chris had any time to be writing diaries (or reports) on the incident, considering that the priority was to get healed from (presumably) the injuries they sustained. Furthermore, Shinji Mikami expressed that he did not want any characters from BioHazard 1 to come back (and I assume that also means any direct references of them). If you consider both of these conditions, it's doubtful that the scenario writer had any intentions of including a Chris' Diary (or any other document or file provided by a member of STARs) in BioHazard 1.5.

So please, don't invent. Do what you must to craft this beauty into an awesome prototype, but don't botch it for the sake of the fans.
    I know that STARS never stayed in Raccoon as well. Although it could be a place holder. They could have ported the file from RE2 to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post
    I know that STARS never stayed in Raccoon as well. Although it could be a place holder. They could have ported the file from RE2 to test it out.
    I hope that's the case. I was thinking that might not be final, and perhaps the team is looking for some feedback on what should be or not included.

If you couldn't examine items, then they must have dabbed into RE2's code to add the feature in. The examination option and window are the same as retail, so if they are using retails code to make it work, kudos to them.

I think all the pictures and footage they are showing is old and not new. They did say it was a lazy edit, so my bottom dollar is that this is from a while back.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-13-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Banned

Just as I thought! It seems the most of the teams problem with the game has to do with programming. From my own experience with C programming, they will have many trial and error tests. So, it looks like it may be a while until the game is completed.

Have patience everyone, before you know it,the game will be done.
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 02-13-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegluneq View Post
    I`m not sure if it`s really a Chris Diary, the file content inside is an Operation Report from some RPD officer, so the "Chris diary" title could be a "placeholder" title, or maybe the file content is the placeholder?.
    I think there is no need to create files for the game, but, well, the team is doing this and they are free to create the content if they want. Anyway, they said time ago that 1.5 will be released in both versions: original untouched build and the one they are modifying, hope so be it.

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    This might just be a coincidence, but look at the MAP thumbnail:

Attachment 8170

The lower left quadrant of the map looks quite similar to the shape of the Sewer Corridor that we all know and love (the one with the three ladders).
    Very interesting you point this out, we should dig deeper into this. Could be nothing but it's worth some research.

As for the files, are the files custom made or does anyone know if the data for the files were on the disc?
    Last edited by drunkdog; 02-13-2013 at 11:53 PM.

The file feature didnt work apparently but files might have been on disc as data, thats possible. How do you know there wasn't a chris' diary in 1.5? ASSUMPTIONS!
    "look forward to final build. it will be full of big surprise. not just guesswork as some people believe." -Mr.BZork

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Very true, i don't see why there wouldn't a chris' diary! He was a major part of the first game and there's a very good chance he was mentioned in 1.5 along with other stars members.

Thread Information