Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The female zombie really will be in this version I guess, because if was in he screenshot due that the zombie .EMD file it is really present in the disc.

Comment

• I dunno if RE1.5 uses the same Engine like RE2 but in RE2 the Characrer Model Files were. PLD Files. It will be most likely the same because the Sherry 1.5 model which is present inside the RE 2 Trial is a. PLD file too, so I guess it's the same in 1.5...
      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
        I dunno if RE1.5 uses the same Engine like RE2 but in RE2 the Characrer Model Files were. PLD Files. It will be most likely the same because the Sherry 1.5 model which is present inside the RE 2 Trial is a. PLD file too, so I guess it's the same in 1.5...
        Yes you are right, the characters files it's .PLD, but he enemies files are .EMD

I guess that it's the same files because in RE3 also the enemies are iin the files .EMD, only in RE1 that re different but I don't remember right now

Comment

• RE15 is based on a substantially modified RE1 game engine. It's closer to RE2 than RE1 in certain aspects, though. There are others here who can give more (and better details) on those differences than I.

Perhaps the most noticeable difference between the two is that RE15 traded some character poly detail for allowing more enemies on screen. You can literally get swarmed in places, like Leon in the Chief's office in the Famitsu "jacket" preview video. That's a big difference over RE1. That's also why the character models are so blocky compared with, say, later incarnations of RE2 (from the PC build onward). Again, the resident experts - if you'll pardon the pun - can expound on this better than I.
          Last edited by RMandel; 01-09-2013, 04:35 AM.
          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• 1.5 It's from RE1, but they literally make a almost the totally change in the files, like you said RE1 wasn't enough support for many enemies and the files of RE2 can be the same of 1.5 as everyone can see in RE2 Extreme Battle it shows that the true potential of a new and different Resident Evil with a lot of enemies at the same time and the game runs with no slowdowns like
            have in some game from that year,this port of .EMD files also are in Resident Evil 3, like we see in the mercenaries mode.

Extreme battle and Mercenaries are just a little sample of the true potential of Resident Evil engine, in RE 1.5 they didn't made these "special" mode, due that they just wanted to add
            all enemies and difficult at the main game.

I think that everyone here like me don't want and don't have the intention to be our to proof that are experts it's just a discussion about RE 1.5, one example is that only THE TEAM and MrBZork know the name of the creatures like man spider, so in my view only who worked in the old game development know all about Resident Evil. I have many doubt abut Resident Evil 1.5 and I think that it's normal, everyone can have doubts and clear the doubts of the others, we all are friends sharing the knowledge to others that have a doubt in certain aspects like me that have have doubts in some
            aspects ;).

Sorry if I did or said something that you didn't like it was'n my intention and my intention wasn't to be the expert, it's just a discussion about this great game, like I said I'm not expert and I had and I have some doubt like everyone have, and I never think that the friend who will clear my doubts with some answers want to be the expert, I think like I figure many friends here have this same point of view just the intention to help a friend with
            some doubts.
            Last edited by PROTOBOY; 01-09-2013, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• I don't know of course but I have a belief that the formats would be closer to RE2 retail than RE1, I would have thought they would have come up with their new formats during the production of 1.5, I just don't see sense in coming up with these new formats when making retail, especially considering they probably would have been on a tight budget and schedule. That's just me grabbing stuff out of my backside though.

Another thing, about the team knowing the true name of the "man spiders". How would they know unless it's mentioned within an in-game file? Unless my memory fails me and all enemy names are within the system files.

Comment

• Since the developers wanted to make a new engine with lots of improvements, they haven't reused the engine of RE1. They made a new one and developed RE1.5 on it. They later made more improvements and used the same engine they made during the development of RE1.5 with the final RE 2, they just modified it a bit.
                It is obvious because (like I've mentioned before) the Sherry model from RE 1.5 can be used withous issues in RE2. Also, another fact indicating the engine change between RE1 and RE1.5 is the File format. In RE1, EMD-Files were used for playable characters, while RE2 uses PLD-Files. The 1.5 Sherry Model leftover indicates that PLD-Files were used in 1.5 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMarshy View Post

Another thing, about the team knowing the true name of the "man spiders". How would they know unless it's mentioned within an in-game file? Unless my memory fails me and all enemy names are within the system files.
                  I guess that they know if have the name in the any files inside the game. Maybe in 1.5 have the names of the enemies, or they just have access of some exclusive features that we
                  don't know.

I wondering about the grenades, the way to use it's different.

Anyone know what's the number of the grenades in the 1.5 weapon description??
                  I don't know the weapons description of RE 1.5, If someone have it will be great.

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                  Since the developers wanted to make a new engine with lots of improvements, they haven't reused the engine of RE1. They made a new one and developed RE1.5 on it. They later made more improvements and used the same engine they made during the development of RE1.5 with the final RE 2, they just modified it a bit.
                  It is obvious because (like I've mentioned before) the Sherry model from RE 1.5 can be used withous issues in RE2. Also, another fact indicating the engine change between RE1 and RE1.5 is the File format. In RE1, EMD-Files were used for playable characters, while RE2 uses PLD-Files. The 1.5 Sherry Model leftover indicates that PLD-Files were used in 1.5 too.
                  Now I understand I didn't notice that, now that you talked it's clear, so maybe in 1.5 some characters are in EMD like was in RE1.
                  Last edited by PROTOBOY; 01-09-2013, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• They never got around to giving the man-spider an official in-universe name, iirc . If you think about it, the mutant baboons probably never had one either.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                      They never got around to giving the man-spider an official in-universe name, iirc . If you think about it, the mutant baboons probably never had one either.
                      It's a shame too. Unless we came up with them. But it wouldn't be the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                        It's a shame too. Unless we came up with them. But it wouldn't be the same
                        I'm sad i'm really want to know the true name of the mans spider creature .

Does these creatures also release acid and poison like normal spiders?

Comment

• Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
                          I'm sad i'm really want to know the true name of the mans spider creature .

Does these creatures also release acid and poison like normal spiders?
                          What we see from the footage.... it doesn't look like they spit out acid. I don't clearly remember the footage but it just looks like they bear hug and bite.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                            What we see from the footage.... it doesn't look like they spit out acid. I don't clearly remember the footage but it just looks like they bear hug and bite.
                            Archived footage of RE 1.5, an early version of Resident Evil 2 containing some new and never-before-seen gaming elements. Capcom has repeatedly announced o...

Have a look at 8:02, he sure spits something.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                              Thanks

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnymHTvHrE

Have a look at 8:02, he sure spits something.
                              Thanks

Thanks you very much you both helped XD at least i now that it releases acid and poison and the strange attack .

It's my impression or the attack of the hug are similar of the two arms attack of the brain sucker from RE3??

Comment

• Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
                                Now I understand I didn't notice that, now that you talked it's clear, so maybe in 1.5 some characters are in EMD like was in RE1.
                                No, you didn't understand me...I said that RE1.5 used almost the same Engine as RE2. It is likely that RE 2 used PLD Files for Characters and EMD Files for NPC and enemies.

Comment

Working...
                                X