Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Biohazard 1995 View Post
    Why can you see a zombie on the left in front of the mask on the dark version? Was this in that video? Seems pretty odd.
    Last edited by Gradon; 01-12-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• The mask hasn't been implemented there. I don't really understand the question beyond that? Leon doesn't go behind that hall in the new video, so we can't tell if the mask has been corrected, or if it even exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
        But then, or the double door of B1 or the door of the service garage, one of them are a part of capcom error, or one of them comes from an old build.
        From examining the available media, it has become apparent that Capcom had made at least four door-related errors on B1 alone, all of which had persisted even up until the final era:

Inversions:

Armory Door
        Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard022.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	402269Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard023.JPG
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	402270
        Kennel Door

Name:	BH2_RPD_B1hall1.png
Views:	3
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	402271Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard024.JPG
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	402272
        Parking Lot Door

Name:	biohazard169.JPG
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	402273Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard129.JPG
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	402274

Style Mismatch:

Service Garage Door (both are double doors!)

Name:	GB_B1Corridor1(small).jpg
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	402275Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard094.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	402276

As we see above, minor inconsistencies exist within the same build. Hell, even the Kennel door on the Trial disc remained inverted!

---

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
        Could be an additional corridor to run down until you get to the garage?
        Ignoring the fact that not a single piece of available media supports this theory (which alone wouldn't necessarily disprove it), the B1 layout is quite cramped as it is. In fact, after doing a number of crude measurements, it seems that the B1 layout actually exceeds the boundaries of the RPD footprint already. An additional corridor between the two sets of double doors would be almost unthinkable.

Comment

• To kill a few rumors, here is how things went:
          - One of my coworkers is doing some research in Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA)'s archives. He knows that I am a RE fan and told me that he came across a betacam tape from TGS1997 with all the footage presented by Capcom (Street Fighter, Resident Evil, etc)
          - I asked him to capture the RE2 (RE1.5 really) footage and he kindly agreed - I say "kindly" because he is in a major crunch time at the time being
          - I expected to see the trailer with half footage from RE1.5 and half of RE2's beta, just in better quality
          - I was extremely surprised to see that it wasn't this video but instead, one that we already know with a new clip at the beginning

Yes, the video edit is butchered. My take is that Capcom Japan prepped some footage for their Capcom Fan Club videotape and decided at the last minute to run with it at E3. So maybe they asked an intern to replace the Japanese texts by some footage... either that or their usual video editor was out of touch and the new one had no idea how to cut footage together.
          You must understand that this was made in 1997, when the whole gaming world was in Japan. Nobody in Japan gave a flick about an american event. Of course, things are almost reversed now.

Yes, the video is in great quality. It was captured from a betacam tape in .mov (1280x720, 59.94fps, AppleProRes 422 HD) at a size of almost 2 GB and converted in a .mp4 file, (1280x720, 29.97fps, H.264) at a size of 50 MB. Resulting in the minimum possible loss of information.

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists out there but i don't have two different videos and I didn't "put them together" to create a new one. I gave you what I found, and there is nothing more to expect from me about RE1.5. Because SCEA don't have anything else regarding this game and it is already a miracle they got anything at all.

Thank you for your time and seriously, guys, stop overanalyzing everything. To have a questioning mind is a great asset, but paranoia is bad for health in the long run.

Comment

• Thanks for clearing that up. Strange circumstances, that. =)

I guess stuff leaks out from the most unlikely places all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBitman View Post
              To kill a few rumors, here is how things went:
              - One of my coworkers is doing some research in Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA)'s archives. He knows that I am a RE fan and told me that he came across a betacam tape from TGS1997 with all the footage presented by Capcom (Street Fighter, Resident Evil, etc)
              - I asked him to capture the RE2 (RE1.5 really) footage and he kindly agreed - I say "kindly" because he is in a major crunch time at the time being
              - I expected to see the trailer with half footage from RE1.5 and half of RE2's beta, just in better quality
              - I was extremely surprised to see that it wasn't this video but instead, one that we already know with a new clip at the beginning

Yes, the video edit is butchered. My take is that Capcom Japan prepped some footage for their Capcom Fan Club videotape and decided at the last minute to run with it at E3. So maybe they asked an intern to replace the Japanese texts by some footage... either that or their usual video editor was out of touch and the new one had no idea how to cut footage together.
              You must understand that this was made in 1997, when the whole gaming world was in Japan. Nobody in Japan gave a flick about an american event. Of course, things are almost reversed now.

Yes, the video is in great quality. It was captured from a betacam tape in .mov (1280x720, 59.94fps, AppleProRes 422 HD) at a size of almost 2 GB and converted in a .mp4 file, (1280x720, 29.97fps, H.264) at a size of 50 MB. Resulting in the minimum possible loss of information.

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists out there but i don't have two different videos and I didn't "put them together" to create a new one. I gave you what I found, and there is nothing more to expect from me about RE1.5. Because SCEA don't have anything else regarding this game and it is already a miracle they got anything at all.

Thank you for your time and seriously, guys, stop overanalyzing everything. To have a questioning mind is a great asset, but paranoia is bad for health in the long run.
              Thanks for the story. Knee Jerk reactions suck, I'm guilty, but this is the holy grail

You actually uncovered the first known footage of 1.5 Leon's damage grunt. Not crappy chris placeholders, but his voice actor, Mr. "That's just freakin great!"
              Not bad TBH.
              Last edited by Darkness; 01-12-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

It's a shame to hear there's no additional high-quality footage to be found in the SCEA's archives, but I'm happy for what you and your friend managed to uncover.

Time will tell if eventually assets from Capcom's JP archive that contain more footage of the final build will ever see the light of day. But if anything, this little piece should give joy and hope to BioHazard 1.5 fans. After 15 years, we have yet again learned more about this game. Maybe someday someone will be kind enough to, at least, donate a full walkthrough of the final beta so fans can see witness the closest we ever got to a final product.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Thanks for the back story. It's always nice to see unique items like this.

Comment

• Haha, damn I wished I hadn't edited my post to remove my speculation on the source when discussing Betacam. It was exactly correct.

Comment

• Thanks for clearing that up, GBitMan. BTW, I found what was bugging me, and it turned out to be something entirely different that what I thought it was. It's the font on the wall sign saying "GARAGE". It's practically identical to the lettering used in the RE2 Sewers corridor where Leon and Ada first turn up, and where Ada gets Sherry's locket. I knew I had seen that style of lettering somewhere before in an RE game.

BTW, since I got rained out of going to work tonight (flash flood on one of the roads I have to use), I made a couple of more RE15 background sets for everyone. May as well put the night to good use.

RE15 RPD B2 Power Room - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?vzo9vjkcro1iqok
                      RE15 RPD B1 Main Hallway - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5pbn53ju51o8gno
                      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

My apologies, it's just what it looked like at the time without having received more background information. It's awesome that you were able to reap such precious footage, and in stunningly high quality to boot! Also, I think it could very well be that an intern was responsible for the sloppy edit. I'm a video-editing intern myself, and my predecessor wasn't much better...

Now, does anyone have a coworker in charge of researching Capcom's archives?

Comment

• Thank you Bitman, and thanks to your coworker for uncovering it too! : D

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                            Awesome! I always look forward to these.

If you notice, the same double-door style is used in at least four places within the RPD:

Name:	bh2.rpd.basement.2hallway01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	402281Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard138.JPG
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	402277Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard006.JPG
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	402278Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard008.JPG
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	402279Click image for larger version

Name:	GB_B1Corridor1(small).jpg
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	402280

Might they be temporary? We know that the style of the double-doors in the Service Garage is different, but the style is consistent on both sides of the Power Room...

Comment

• So let's recap what we learned.
                              • Leon's damage grunt has been changed from era 4 build to era 5 build (new voice actor)
                              • The AI's behaviour for Cerberus has been changed; in era 4 build, whenever Leon shot them, they didn't fall on the ground, they took a few step backwards. But in era 5 build, whenever Leon shoots them, they are knocked to the floor.
                              • There seems to be an event after the power is turned online. As it can be seen in the new footage, there is blood splattered all across the hallway after the lights are on. There is a zombie torn apart in half by Cerberus, and it seems to be a part of the background (or a 3D model), since the body is complete and not missing, and it did not leave a pool of blood.
                              • The service bay area is proceeded by an hallway accessed through the double doors, or the CG Designers attributed the incorrect door texture to the access door of the service bay area.

Anything else missing?
                              Last edited by Kegluneq; 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                              BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Well...1.5 was more puzzle oriented and so much more realistic. So many rooms change once you get the power back running.
                                This just makes me believe even more the final bioflames-ish era had a good portion of the voice acting on the disc. More in leon's scenario than elza's, his scenario was completable.

One thing...when the power is restored...do the lobby rooms become lighted?
                                Last edited by Darkness; 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X