Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    I don't like bursting bubbles of hope, but the "Castle" version was never played by anyone other than CAPCOM themselves who have likely erased it. The "Hallucination" version also didn't get very far into development and was scrapped with only a few areas, and again wasn't played by anyone besides CAPCOM. There's literally no chance of any of the scrapped versions of BH4 surfacing.
    Doing a search on the RE 3.5 Build that we know as the Hallucination build, I keep seeing people posting that officially it was scrapped at around 40% complete:

"The game was complete at about 40% when was interrupted. Gamefront.de talk about that in an article of November 2002 :"

"Neue Infos zu Biohazard 4

20.11.02 - Wie Capcom in der aktuellen Famitsu Cube & Advance mitteilt, ist noch nicht entschieden, auf wie vielen DVDs Biohazard 4 ausgeliefert wird.
    Der Entwicklungsstand liegt derzeit bei 40 %. Release: TBA"

I've seen a few different websites and forums list 40% complete, maybe from this magazine article.

Comment

• To be frank, the 40% figure is wrong. Is there an actual source on it anywhere? Like an interview?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I recall the figure too. However, it was referring to the "Castle" version. The version we see in the gameplay footage of the biohazard 4 Secret DVD is a completely different version known as "Hallucination".
      Last edited by News Bot; 01-18-2013, 06:59 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

To be frank, the 40% figure is wrong. Is there an actual source on it anywhere? Like an interview?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I recall the figure too. However, it was referring to the "Castle" version. The version we see in the gameplay footage of the biohazard 4 Secret DVD is a completely different version known as "Hallucination".
        This is the source I saw in the archives posted ...

"Gamefront.de talk about that in an article of November 2002 :

Neue Infos zu Biohazard 4

20.11.02 - Wie Capcom in der aktuellen Famitsu Cube & Advance mitteilt, ist noch nicht entschieden, auf wie vielen DVDs Biohazard 4 ausgeliefert wird.
        Der Entwicklungsstand liegt derzeit bei 40 %. Release: TBA"

Comment

• Yeah, it's talking about the Castle version. I vaguely remember the Famitsu interview in question.

Comment

• NB is there any hope of that 1.5 information ever being released? I'm sure you know how important it would be for the team in terms of plot clarity, assuming they don't have the info
            Last edited by Darkness; 01-18-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
              Like the Capcom giving us PC gamers the privilege of playing RE6. I'm still oblivious to the happenings within that game...
              i will practice from now on my reflexes. you should do that too, imagine the ridiculous QTEs on keyboard.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind if the information wasn't publicly released, as long as the Team had access to its relevant content. But NDAs are NDAs...

Comment

Yeah, it's talking about the Castle version. I vaguely remember the Famitsu interview in question.
                  Do we have any infos on that version? About the plot, characters, environements, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    Do we have any infos on that version? About the plot, characters, environements, etc.
                    Yes.

Leon infiltrates the castle of Oswell E. Spencer seeking the truth, while inside a laboratory located deep within, a young girl wakes up. Accompanied by a B.O.W. dog, the two start to make their way up the castle...
                    There's a lot more but that's all that can be said right now.

Comment

just telling it like it is.
                      ... That's your interpretation and I completely disagree with it.
                      No point to keep arguing about that, thought; in the end, the fans who speak both French and English can enjoy PU's and SvH/BHFR's translations. It is always better to have several sources so one can make up his mind by himself.
                      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                        ... That's your interpretation and I completely disagree with it.
                        No point to keep arguing about that, thought; in the end, the fans who speak both French and English can enjoy PU's and SvH/BHFR's translations. It is always better to have several sources so one can make up his mind by himself.
                        There's nothing for someone to make up their mind on. One source is accurate and full, another is sketchy and incomplete. The latter should almost always be disregarded once its validity has been knocked flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                          xD I know how it is. Besides, I have more pressing matters than RE3.5 to consider... Like the Capcom giving us PC gamers the privilege of playing RE6. I'm still oblivious to the happenings within that game... I just know people are calling it shit in Disc-Locked-Content form.
                          As a fan of the older RE games (RE0 - RE:CV), I must say RE6 was a great game to me. It had a lot of throwback moments to the classic survival horror games and was a lot more enjoyable than RE5 as a Resident Evil game.
                          Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Original Sin View Post
                            As a fan of the older RE games (RE0 - RE:CV), I must say RE6 was a great game to me. It had a lot of throwback moments to the classic survival horror games and was a lot more enjoyable than RE5 as a Resident Evil game.
                            It's not hard to improve upon garbage though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                              At least BH5 got released and its developers felt confident with it...

That said, it's a great game with quite a few issues if you try and compare its merit alongside the older games.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                Very true ! With the release of RE Remake and RE 0, and RE4 and RE5; I was hoping that Capcom would continue making both 3rd person shooter Resident Evil games and the classic style. Seemed like they were on that path of pleasing both new and old fans. But... no RE2 Remake yet. Kind of strange being that Remake sold almost as well as RE4... So I guess, survival horror just isn't the "hot thing" anymore
                                Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X