Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
    YOU, however, seem to be pretty damn sure that she is not there. In fact, you seem to be "definitely" sure that she is someplace else.
    And I am still sure of that. Now, if I could find again that frame I would post it right away.

The character (and the player) should be capable of seeing what's on the other side of the jail
    Not if the zombie is hiding right behind the door, only waiting for the player to pass by and jump on him/her. Basically, it's like the closet scene with the guardian in RE1. You'd get the idea of "stupid zombies, they can't do a thing from there" while walking between the cell blocks, then a zombie suddenly jumps at you breaking the whole idea of being safe for good. That would work pretty fine.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Gemini, I suggest that you try scaring someone by opening a door inward and then jumping out once there's a clear path. I assure you that it's a lot less scary than just bursting through a door outwards... ;-)

Besides, isn't this place full of holding cells? Could a human prisoner have even opened the door to get out if he were locked in? Clearly, none of those zombies in the cells are cops taking refuge...

EDIT: Also, whenever a zombie opens a door in-game, it's always shown off-screen.
      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        And I am still sure of that. Now, if I could find again that frame I would post it right away.
        Oh, you think you're going to feed this bullshit to me, too? "You'll just have to trust my word on this non-existent footage"?

You're wrong because in all of my years I have never, ever seen a single description of what you're saying. And I've done a hell of a work researching every single bit of media available of BioHazard 1.5. The fact that you used an assumption to prove me wrong, a very wrong assumption at that (with absolutely no proof or reasoning to back up), is already bad, and that your main point seems to focused on the location of Ada, rather than what's in that cell, is ticking my sensors off.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        Not if the zombie is hiding right behind the door, only waiting for the player to pass by and jump on him/her. Basically, it's like the closet scene with the guardian in RE1. You'd get the idea of "stupid zombies, they can't do a thing from there" while walking between the cell blocks, then a zombie suddenly jumps at you breaking the whole idea of being safe for good. That would work pretty fine.
        Yes, it's fucking logical for the zombie to wait for the exact moment that Leon is in front of the door to ambush him. He is hiding, yet he is closely watching Leon through an elaborate, brilliantly placed, tiny hole, waiting for the perfect moment to execute his masterplan. And in the midst of all this, Leon is completely unaware of him. I like that. Invisible zombie idea. Did they recycle that for BioHazard GC?

I'd like to know how the execution of this brilliantly crafted scene plays out too. I imagine that a door slowly opens towards the inner of the jail, a rotten arm shows up, a great distance is put between a slow moving zombie and fast police officer, but I figure the psychological shock is so great that Leon begins to tremble and stays there until the zombie is right on top of him. And no place to escape too. Except to his right or left.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          EDIT: Also, whenever a zombie opens a door in-game, it's always shown off-screen.
          That's why the door's a 3D object, like in the Jill sandwich cutscene. It's supposed to be visible to the player.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
          Oh, you think you're going to feed this bullshit to me, too? "You'll just have to trust my word on this non-existent footage"?
          Actually I don't really care if you believe it or not. ;) I remember watching the cell cutscene with the zombie, that's all. Nobody's forcing you.

By the way, in the cutscene I remember the door moves outwards, not inwards. Remember the scene with Brad storming in an alley in RE3 when Jill gets pretty close to the door? It was similar to that one.
          Last edited by Gemini; 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Actually I don't really care if you believe it or not. ;) I remember watching the cell cutscene with the zombie, that's all. Nobody's forcing you.
            You're not going to get me on a goose chase.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            By the way, in the cutscene I remember the door moves outwards, not inwards. Remember the scene with Brad storming in an alley in RE3 when Jill gets pretty close to the door? It was similar to that one.
            Explain this to me.

Also, don't think I didn't notice what you did there.

Comment

• That's from curator's build. It doesn't really mean much, other than the fact that the door was meant to be a 3D object. The thing that impressed me was the fact that the door moved outwards, which is exactly the opposite of the stuff showing in those screens.

Comment

• Comment

That's from curator's build. It doesn't really mean much, other than the fact that the door was meant to be a 3D object. The thing that impressed me was the fact that the door moved outwards, which is exactly the opposite of the stuff showing in those screens.
                  Care to enlighten us from which magical footage (of what I would assume to be era 5 build) did you see that? Capcom Friendly Club Vol.4, Complete Disc Movie 1, E3 1997 footage or some other unseen footage by the public?

Comment

• If I could remember that, I would have used the magic word for a quick search on my hard disk, but since I don't have 1.5 stuff archived in a manic manner, the answer is "can't remember".
                    Last edited by Gemini; 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	25fkd1t.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	402371

Comment

If I could remember that, I would have used the magic word for a quick search on my hard disk, but since I don't have 1.5 stuff archived in a manic manner, the answer is "can't remember".
                        No, the answer is "can't remember (so I'll make some bullshit up)".

Comment

• If it ain't one thing it's a mothafuckin' other.

Comment

• This is simply a classic case of misinformation effect. Human memory is diabolically unreliable as a source of objective information.

Comment

• Could be, but somebody definitively posted an archive with that stuff either here or on assembler. Finding that crap is going to be looooooong and difficult.

Comment

• ^Yeah. Someone recently did some neat "all footage" and "all scans" archives for 1.5 material recently. Think they were posted in both mega threads. Somewhere between the nth round of stupid and the next.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                                This is simply a classic case of misinformation effect. Human memory is diabolically unreliable as a source of objective information.
                                Could be. I have that horrible feeling of familiarity everytime I see a Ghibli movie (Damn, Spirited Away was totally an animated movie I thought I'd seen as a child in a dream I once had - longest Deja Vu ever). But it could also be a situation like what I experienced with the SNES Campus Challenge '91. I remember "fondly" sitting through countless insults, infractions, bans, lier claims, etc. in various collector communities, because I was dead certain about my information regarding a competition cart for the SNES, its content, its setup and so forth, but the lack of proper documentation of it up until just a few years ago made it almost completely unknown to anyone who didn't directly participate in the contest itself back in the early 90s...

Of course, that's a bit different than the situation we are in now, where people have for certain circle jerked to every single frame of low-res footage of 1.5 and people are insane sleuths when it comes to digging up anything and everything there is on the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X