Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonardos5 View Post
    Okay guys, so back to the discussions...
    I'm actually quite curious, as far as BZork has lead on, the project will be able to run on PS1, but do you think it'll be able to run SMOOTHLY with the touched up models (dem polys) and maybe a better dynamic shadowing system like everyone loves to talk about, on ze PS1?
    I wanna know desesperately if it will run in PSP !!!!! Since I gave my PS1 about 1 year ago to the children of the family, my PSP is the only hope to play it in a PS Family system . Wish it works fine with no more issues like the PSN and PSX-PSP version of RE2 (usually with freezes at the Police Station Hall entrance) and the CLock Tower at RE3.
    The longest 15 years of our gamer life :D

Comment

• Originally posted by randomwab View Post
      So people now think Elza's scenario wasn't ever finished 'cause they don't have screens?

1.5 brings out the dumbest in everyone. I hope the team release it quick so we can euthanize this mass stupidity and move on.
      Did you not catch his speculation disclaimer?

You seem so sure that a build commonly evaluated as being less than half complete will hold all of the answers. It won't, otherwise it would have been released already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mae77 View Post
        I wanna know desesperately if it will run in PSP !!!!! Since I gave my PS1 about 1 year ago to the children of the family, my PSP is the only hope to play it in a PS Family system . Wish it works fine with no more issues like the PSN and PSX-PSP version of RE2 (usually with freezes at the Police Station Hall entrance) and the CLock Tower at RE3.
        If you want a PS1, I have an extra I can let go of. It's even been modded with a MM3 chip, so you can play away!
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I would like another chipped ps1 , I used to have one many moons ago , My 1st import game was tekken 3 , man I miss the old ps1 game days.
          Another reason why I love 1.5 so much , it reminds me of being a kid again looking at all the screenshots in magazines lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
            That's an interesting subject you brought up. There is no footage of Elza accessing the train platform. A few months ago, we were discussing about why was Elza's portion unfinished. I believe it might have something do with it being undecided due to both characters leaving the laboratory facility in different trains (since such a pre-rendered background exists in the Trial Disc). This idea seems to follow in line with the progression of Leon Scenario A and Claire Scenario B we have witnessed so far.

This might mean that Leon's portion in the final build was completed because he was intended to be the first one to leave the laboratory. Elza's portion might be unfinished because the developers hadn't decided how they would handle her escape, especially if both scenarios were not meant to finish in the same manner (different pre-rendered background due to being different escape trains, different locations where the final boss would be fought, different events happening). Remember Ys1's comparative analysis? There some new pre-rendered backgrounds that never found their way into final build. This could be for two different things:
            • The developers did not like the pre-rendered backgrounds they choose and therefore, decided to change them;
            • The new pre-rendered backgrounds reflect the new segment of Elza's escape route

The former applies to changes that precede the laboratory escape, but the latter might have something to do with Elza's unfinished portion of the game. Also, take a look at the following images:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8047[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8048[/ATTACH]

Does Birkin seem that significantly different from one to another? We know that Leon fights him in the power room of the laboratory B3F (if I'm not mistaken), but Elza might be fighting him in the central 2 hallway of the laboratory B2F. Remember that although both Leon and Elza fight the same Bio Gorilla's in the RPD, they battle them at different locations. This could be the same thing. However, if Birkin does present to have different degrees of difficulty (due to some new attacks or behaviour) how do you balance that out?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8049[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8050[/ATTACH]

This might be why you see Leon fighting Birkin twice. If you look at these two images of Birkin, you can see there is not a whole amount of difference between them. Perhaps the developers were testing two different battles against Birkin to decide which character would fight him in the train platform, and which other would fight him in the train. The most difficult to fight against would be placed against the character than had an easier time fighting him in the lab to even out the difficulty among the characters. The objective was eventually to implement that in Elza's unfinished portion of the game, but it never got to that point.

This would also fall in line with the number of boss fights that each character has to deal with. Leon fights 5 bosses and Elza fights another 5, which is reminiscent of BioHazard 1 (Yawn, Plant 42, Black Tiger, T-002, Super Tyrant) and BioHazard 2 retail (G-Creature, Giant Crocodile, Birkin II, Birkin III, Birkin IV; T-103, Birkin I, Birkin III, Super Tyrant, Birkin V). Furthermore, it extremely excessive to have both characters fight up to 4 (or 5 depending on whether you believe that Elza and Leon fight every single form of Birkin) bosses just before getting access to the laboratory. A complete shift in terms of pace. Not impossible, though, given the Pursuer in BioHazard 3 can be fought up to 6 times before leaving part of the Raccoon City in the cable car.

Bear in mind that this is all speculation, though. It's not founded on any concrete evidence found in BioHazard 1.5. It's merely an attempt to connect the dots to understand why was Elza's portion of the game unfinished. In the bioflames.com photographs, there is not a single screenshot of Elza in the laboratory, which might mean that entire part of her story was still in the works (though footage of her does exist in the laboratories).
            You may be giving the speculation disclaimer but you did a damn good job of connecting the dots. No holes in your theories as far as I can see. The bioflames shots are low quality so its hard to tell if the birkins are different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mae77 View Post
              We are now entering an area of my extreme expertise...
              Well assuming you have your PSP modded to run PS1 ISOs/CSOs (at least I hope that would be the file type we recieve, as it is the standard image file type, and if we just recieve the game files, it's only a simple process of repackaging the game files as an image file), then if it boots as a PS1 game, it should be fine. What I'm concerned about is if it would run smoothly, if their alterations wont cause any problems as far as running on old tech (though I'd hope since he's hinting at PS1 playability, "da team" would test it out).

The other issue is that even new tech is running as if it was old tech. From what I understand, when playing other format games (like a PSP or PS2 playing PS1 games), the console locks down to the intended format's capabilities. The only real difference would be Audio/Video Output. Take for example the Wii playing Gamecube games. When playing the Gamecube game, it's "locked" into Gamecube mode, therefore any addition processing power excluive to the Wii is not available and wont affect game performance in this mode. Furthermore, since the Wii's additional features are disabled, I am unable to use a USB as a replacement for a Gamecube memory card on my modded Wii.

Other methods include a simple swap with a PS2, a backup disc and a regular PS1 game. Boot the PS1 game and as soon as the PS logo pops up, swap.

Finally, you could format your PS2 memory card and mod it with freemcboot. As long as the PS2 boots the with "mcbooted" memory card, it will load as a file system, letting you run applications and PS2 game backups that use a certain code. One such application allows for loading games from USB, but that process is complex as hell, mainly for the specificity with which the formatting of the game files must occur. I tried it a few times about a year and a half back... Failed miserably. This option is not advised. But I can explain THIS one much better if you'd like.
              :/
              Last edited by Leonardos5; 01-28-2013, 09:58 PM.
              "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
              PSN Gamercards

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonardos5 View Post
                Other methods include a simple swap with a PS2, a backup disc and a regular PS1 game. Boot the PS1 game and as soon as the PS logo pops up, swap.

Finally, you could format your PS2 memory card and mod it with freemcboot. As long as the PS2 boots the with "mcbooted" memory card, it will load as a file system, letting you run applications and PS2 game backups that use a certain code. One such application allows for loading games from USB, but that process is complex as hell, mainly for the specificity with which the formatting of the game files must occur. I tried it a few times about a year and a half back... Failed miserably. This option is not advised. But I can explain THIS one much better if you'd like.
                McBoot is really cool, but it will not run PS1 games (last I know it doesn't at least). The USB thing is great (play PS2 games from external harddrive or flash drive) but it doesn't work for PS1 games either. McBoot is PS2-only. The easiest way that i've found to swap a PS1 game is to use a [PS1] Action Replay disc, although it may be tricky to find one of those these days.

Edit: Leonardos5, if you want I can try to help you with your troubles.
                Last edited by Deus Flux; 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                  Thanks... i didnt remember it was the PSM video lol XD

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    Haha, it wasn't even on purpose. It's been a looooooong time since I watched that movie.
                    Eh, I didn't know if it was on purpose or not.... but it seemed apt given the content. Surprisingly I remember the reference in Shaun of the Dead more often now, because they named his mum Barbara just for the one throwaway reference gag of Ed yelling the "[We're] coming to get you..." line down the phone.

Comment

• What if Elza didn't make it to the end and lost her train? Maybe there's only one train as in retail and leon gets first, just guessing...that could make the game sort of conclusive as the dev said. Maybe she can't escape and gets trapped at Racoon's like..."forever" or maybe she gets biten.
                      Last edited by Hepatus; 01-29-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• I've just played through Leon-AB & Claire A, about to start B.. is it just me or Does Goro Birkin (the fight outside the train) behave just like the Man Spider from 1.5? He holds his arms up and moves the same way and everything. Also I quite enjoyed Claire A Leon B, with Leon on the roof. It's been a long time since i've played this and my PSP (and all the talk of 1.5) gave me incentive to revisit it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• "Dumbass?!" I made a statement of fact and both extrapolated and speculated based on that. I made it clear that's what I was doing. I also made it clear that my data was incomplete, and I made a point of inviting those who knew more than me to point out where I was wrong. If "dumbass" is your idea of correction, good sir, then I respectfully submit you look at the three fingers pointing back at you - because that's exactly what you've made yourself look like. I asked for help, and instead I got slapped for it. I was trying to do my part in bringing the thread back to normal, and you ... no ... I've said enough on this. Enig, Keg, Darkness, thanks for trying to help. I need to go cool off before I lose my temper and post something really stupid.
                          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by curse420 View Post
                            I wonder, but I doubt if the era 4 build of the game has an actual ending. If not, I wonder how the team will do the ending? Will it tie in with something next?

Leon defeats Birkin, "we're safe now" fades to black

the Escape the lab soundtrack turns into an alarm clock noise....

"what....what a crazy dream! oh man iv overslept, first day on the job...i best get to work"

*credits roll*

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                              If you want a PS1, I have an extra I can let go of. It's even been modded with a MM3 chip, so you can play away!
                              Thanks pal, but I'm in CHILE, South america, perhaps we are too far .... but here's is so easy to get a chipped PS1. Well, really I had to give my PS1 to the children for 2 reasons: 1.- the sons of my bro just care about the original Crash Team Racing 2.- My wife gave me a lot of trouble since I had about 13 consoles at home, with few space for them XD. So I had to sell almost all of them, except my 360, my original XBox (my treasure), my PSP, my Vita and Dreamcast, keeping the necessary systems to survive (thanks to emulation on them too). But thank you anyways ;)

Originally posted by Leonardos5 View Post
                              We are now entering an area of my extreme expertise...
                              Well assuming you have your PSP modded to run PS1 ISOs/CSOs (at least I hope that would be the file type we recieve, as it is the standard image file type, and if we just recieve the game files, it's only a simple process of repackaging the game files as an image file), then if it boots as a PS1 game, it should be fine. What I'm concerned about is if it would run smoothly, if their alterations wont cause any problems as far as running on old tech (though I'd hope since he's hinting at PS1 playability, "da team" would test it out).

The other issue is that even new tech is running as if it was old tech. From what I understand, when playing other format games (like a PSP or PS2 playing PS1 games), the console locks down to the intended format's capabilities. The only real difference would be Audio/Video Output. Take for example the Wii playing Gamecube games. When playing the Gamecube game, it's "locked" into Gamecube mode, therefore any addition processing power excluive to the Wii is not available and wont affect game performance in this mode. Furthermore, since the Wii's additional features are disabled, I am unable to use a USB as a replacement for a Gamecube memory card on my modded Wii.

I had the same fear (Da Team stuff not beign well worked on PS1 systems/PS1 emulation systems). I really wanna play it in consoles or PSP (for have it handled ) since I don't like to play in computers (please don't reply this points, in pages backward of this topic I explained why, even the enhaced graphics).
                              The only news I wanna know from Da Team is the consoles compatibility. Currently, XBox 1 and PSP run almost all the PS1 library (XBox 1 runs all the RE games from PSX perfectly) so if this "new" 1.5 runs in both of them, I can die happy !
                              The longest 15 years of our gamer life :D

Comment

• How can someone wait for respect if even moderators don´t show respect?
                                Back to work, regarding the 1.5 completion, it was said that the game in Era 5 (don´t agree with percentages theory, but people says 80%) was almost complete. Having less screenshots or videos from one character doesn´t mean that his/her game was less complete.
                                Also, a game may be fully playable in a ¨80%¨ status, because the 20% remaining could be: textures, cutscenes, voices, BSO, or many other things that can´t stop the player to advance in the game.

I guess, in the last build before reboot into Retail RE2, the game was playable from start to the last boss, but probably, impossible to reach this point without using tools like debug menu, because some events could not work, some doors could not open, etc.

It could be similar to what happens with Biohazard 2 Beta 2, wich has no cutscenes and missing textures. The game is playable until the end, but crashes after defeating last Birkin form.
                                The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                                X