Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randonwab isn't moderator. And he's said nothing worse than a lot of you have said over time and get away with as well anyway.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by randomwab View Post
      So people now think Elza's scenario wasn't ever finished 'cause they don't have screens?

1.5 brings out the dumbest in everyone. I hope the team release it quick so we can euthanize this mass stupidity and move on.
      INDEED !
      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
      ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Imo I'd imagine the final build to be something like beta 2 in terms of completeness, something where the main constructs of the game are there but a fair chunk of it is left half finished. Incomplete backgrounds, missing layer masks, placeholders, bugs/glitches etc. I believe Capcom's estimate was something like 65% more than 80% (of course these figures are pretty much meaningless) and I'd think that was a fair estimate for beta 2 as well. So much of the game is done at the beginning but the more you go on the more and more incomplete the game gets. There's no significant FMVs, a lot of cutscenes are half baked, some VA isn't final, puzzles are incomplete, rooms are bare and beta like, AI is basic and unpolished, you can get through the game to the very last boss if you know what you're doing but the game is in no state to lead you there from start to finish. This is kind of how I imagine the final build of 1.5 to be like, with it's own twists and turns of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
          Randonwab isn't moderator. And he's said nothing worse than a lot of you have said over time and get away with as well anyway.
          I never mentioned Randomwab, you did it. And I´m not included into the group of people you say.

But it seems that many people agree in that 1.5 only brings stupidity, so it´s pointless to stay in a thread like this. I´m doing off topic now, but I want to do it anymore because it´s not my style.

And to avoid wasting time and becoming part of the mass stupidity platoon, I´m going to abandon this thread with 300 pages of nothing useful.

Best wishes for you guys.
          Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Anyway........................

what would you guys like to see on MrBZorks next making of video ?
            anything in particular ?

Comment

• Cutscenes, since I don't think we've seen enough video media of those.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                I never mentioned Randomwab, you did it. And I´m not included into the group of people you say.

But it seems that many people agree in that 1.5 only brings stupidity, so it´s pointless to stay in a thread like this. I´m doing off topic now, but I want to do it anymore because it´s not my style.

And to avoid wasting time and becoming part of the mass stupidity platoon, I´m going to abandon this thread with 300 pages of nothing useful.

Best wishes for you guys.
                the last couple of pages have been serious discussion, stop looking for smelly crap when there is no smell. good day.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                Cutscenes, since I don't think we've seen enough video media of those.
                I have to agree, lol. That's the one thing we have absolutely almost no coverage of. We have plenty of footage of zombies getting shot with a pistol though

Comment

• yeah I would love to see any type of cut-scene even if it only goes on for a few seconds lol.
                  I would love for them to put claires model over elzas so claire has that resident evil 1 poly style of graphics just for fun mind you , Ive been waiting to play as elza since I was a kid lol.

I would also like to see if they have made there any of there own files to read in the game. to add to the story.

Oh and maybe a demonstration of all the weapons.
                  Last edited by chrisliam2; 01-29-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EVIL-WEBBY View Post
                    Finally!! Iv never seen this mentioned anywhere online

i have an article from Official Playstation Magazine from around 96/97, it has the title RESIDENT EVIL IN SPACE!? with a screenshot of a Chris-ish looking Character standing in a spacestation background. i believe it was the first mention of any resident evil sqeual at the time, the article was very vague.

if i can dig out the magazine (i believe it has a MGS cover) would anyone like to see a scan of it?

I'm very sorry guys, I just spent the last 2 hours pulling sortage out the way to find these old playstation mags.
                    i get there and none of them are there anymore, im fucking gutted!

its possible over the last few years or so iv thrown them out or moved them to a different part of the house to store them (im hoping)
                    i never thought i wanted them thrown away but they was taking up space. i'll be looking for them over the next couple of months so if i do find them i will post the artical here stright away.

iv done abit of research and i believe it was Official UK Playstation Magazine Issue 15 or 17 (with a shiney silver Metal Gear Solid Cover) if any of you ever come across it, flick through the artical is on the bottom of the left page.

i'll keep you posted, sorry again i feel bad i cant present it.
                    Last edited by EVIL-WEBBY; 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                      Anyway........................

anything in particular ?
                      unseen OST.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                        Anyway........................

anything in particular ?
                        I only want two things, and either one will do;

A) Just 2-3 minutes of gameplay from the build that the team knows the world at large hasn't seen yet. Doesn't have to be narrated, just film it and pop it on youtube. Easy as pie.

B) An in-depth look at the tools they're using to work on the game itself. They gave a brief glimpse of the software on the last 'making-of' video and I'd love to get some in-depth analysis on it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                          McBoot is really cool, but it will not run PS1 games (last I know it doesn't at least). The USB thing is great (play PS2 games from external harddrive or flash drive) but it doesn't work for PS1 games either. McBoot is PS2-only. The easiest way that i've found to swap a PS1 game is to use a [PS1] Action Replay disc, although it may be tricky to find one of those these days.

Edit: Leonardos5, if you want I can try to help you with your troubles.
                          Oh, man, that's right. I totally forgot about the PS1 Action Replay. I have the Codebreaker for PS1, I'm sure I could use that too, XD hehe
                          I used the Data Manager from my PS2 Codebreaker to get the freemcboot on my memory card, and I figured it would run the PS1 games through some app, as well. Oh well..
                          It'd be pretty sweet if you could let me know how to boot games from USB, essentially just how to get the game to be recognized, any special way it needs to be formatted and stuff (the formatting is what killed me, I read you needed to format the ISO in a specific way)... I wanna try to play Rule of Rose and the Resident Evil Outbreak games from my friend, but I rarely see him, and I don't want his games to get messed up, nor does he fell comfortable with his games away for so long, and I agree with him, hehe
                          Originally posted by Mae77 View Post
                          I had the same fear (Da Team stuff not beign well worked on PS1 systems/PS1 emulation systems). I really wanna play it in consoles or PSP (for have it handled ) since I don't like to play in computers (please don't reply this points, in pages backward of this topic I explained why, even the enhaced graphics).
                          The only news I wanna know from Da Team is the consoles compatibility. Currently, XBox 1 and PSP run almost all the PS1 library (XBox 1 runs all the RE games from PSX perfectly) so if this "new" 1.5 runs in both of them, I can die happy !
                          Oh wow, man nice. I was never into the original Xbox, and at the time I was too young for it to draw my attention to it. I haven't had much experience with modding Xbox's (my 360 requires a mod-chip. I don't have too much access, and not much experience with soldering hard mods, just a screwdriver kind of handiman so far). Anyways, well I think, with an Xbox, if the game runs fine, it should be okay because as I believe, the Xbox's modded playability of PS1 games is pure emulation, since it does not have the built-in function. The sign that it plays other Resident Evil games perfectly is a fantastic sign, because either, A, it's purely running from the Xbox's resources, which allow for more wiggle room if the project runs as a PS1 game, as the emulator supports, or ,B, it doesn't take too many resources for the Xbox to run as a PS1, so if it functions as a good PS1 game, you're gold. XD

Originally posted by EVIL-WEBBY View Post
                          Leon defeats Birkin, "we're safe now" fades to black

the Escape the lab soundtrack turns into an alarm clock noise....

"what....what a crazy dream! oh man iv overslept, first day on the job...i best get to work"

*credits roll*
                          Oh MY GOD, BRAVO, DAMN BRAVO!
                          I LOVE good tie-in cool sci-fi ish cool endings and stuff, hehe
                          I think it'd be badass to have gameplay event dependent endings in RE games... (hint heavily at the awesomeness of Silent Hills 1-3 and it's badassly-awesome-beautiful endings, hence, the UFO ones, LOVE 'EM!)
                          Last edited by Leonardos5; 01-29-2013, 04:25 PM.
                          "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
                          PSN Gamercards

Comment

• Wow, what a crowd...

Ahem, new guy here. Northman's the name and Resident Evil is my game. The Resident Evil series has been with me ever since the very first game was released in 1996, and I love all the PS1-era classics. Yes, even Survivor, go figure. RE2 remains my absolute favorite entry in the whole series, and I've been wanting to get my hands on this prototype ever since I learned about it's existence in the summer of 2000. The way I see it, the differences between the proto and retail are so big, that the prototype can be considered it's own adventure. An adventure I don't wanna miss. So therefore I can only extend my deepest gratitude to MrBZork and the mystery Team for finally going trough all this hassle to get this notorious gem released.

I've noticed that some of you have been wondering how to play this proto once released, and I actually registered to suggest one more alternative that looks mighty promising. Check out the PSIO project at:

An SD memory card reader that you can plug into a real Playstation via the serial port, it then reads PSX ISOs from the SD card, emulating the PSX CD drive. Right now it's in prototype stages, but the team behind it is expecting to get retail units out later this year. As a disclaimer, I'd just like to point out that I'm not affiliated with this project in any way. This is not an advertisement and I'm not telling you to buy anything. But if there are people out here, who are feeling adventurous, this might the be solution for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                              Wow, what a crowd...

Ahem, new guy here. Northman's the name and Resident Evil is my game. The Resident Evil series has been with me ever since the very first game was released in 1996, and I love all the PS1-era classics. Yes, even Survivor, go figure. RE2 remains my absolute favorite entry in the whole series, and I've been wanting to get my hands on this prototype ever since I learned about it's existence in the summer of 2000. The way I see it, the differences between the proto and retail are so big, that the prototype can be considered it's own adventure. An adventure I don't wanna miss. So therefore I can only extend my deepest gratitude to MrBZork and the mystery Team for finally going trough all this hassle to get this notorious gem released.

I've noticed that some of you have been wondering how to play this proto once released, and I actually registered to suggest one more alternative that looks mighty promising. Check out the PSIO project at:

An SD memory card reader that you can plug into a real Playstation via the serial port, it then reads PSX ISOs from the SD card, emulating the PSX CD drive. Right now it's in prototype stages, but the team behind it is expecting to get retail units out later this year. As a disclaimer, I'd just like to point out that I'm not affiliated with this project in any way. This is not an advertisement and I'm not telling you to buy anything. But if there are people out here, who are feeling adventurous, this might the be solution for you.
                              Nice, another way to play man, it lets you plug and run games and code from an SD card, which is pretty sweet. It opens up tons of possibilities for development kind of like the Yaroze PS1. It' alright, but I wouldn't use it, since it's running both an emulation of PS1 and it's own processes, using PS1 resources, so the quality might not be all that great... Plus it's still pretty early along...
                              The great advantage through playing a game digitally, which I prefer, and hope to backup my PS2 games and just run them like this, is that loading times are killed, because 1. it's digital, 2. because a lot of unnecessary garbage data (data to pretty much fill up disc space, used A LOT in modern games), I'm not sure if the PS1 era used it as much, and 3. because it can avoid certain performance killers, such as the game being compressed (running as a CSO) to fit on the disc. The noncompressed image file (ISO) runs much faster and smoother.
                              Cool find, though, man. Welcome.
                              It doesn't look like too many people want to emulate the project, I think that's pretty cool. Playing it the way it was meant to, keeping it classic, the way it was intended, the way you guys may have dreamed of, all this time, since you first saw it, hehe. I wish I could have it run on my PS3, though, so I can have it smoothed and displayed nicely on my big tv with higher quality Audio/Video, but as I believe, the PS3 files for Classic games are different :/
                              Last edited by Leonardos5; 01-29-2013, 05:30 PM.
                              "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
                              PSN Gamercards

Comment

• PSIO is a hoax. Beware of scammers.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X