View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Cunt Agent

Quote Originally Posted by alinhoalisson View Post
    Alright, since all games were based on Wesker's Report. Sherry never got infected in the B scenario, she never got into the government's custody and never got trained to appear in RE6........Oh wait...
    Wesker's Report itself, the text form, is 100% canon.

The video is not. It was not handled by the writer, which is why there are some apparent discrepancies.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatSMurderer View Post
    Personally I don't consider that crock of **** to be a resident evil game, RE5 however, is...Wesker was trying to get hold of the Tyrant's combat data for what was later revealed to be Tricell. UC and DC are retellings of the original story to fit Capcom's plans to continually milk the series, the original story arc had run dry...(thankfully, but they just didn't take the hint)
    He wasn't trying to get it for TRICELL.

The retellings in UC were "historic summaries" in order to give players new to the series (introduced with BH4) the gist of the storyline. DC continued that but with emphasis on certain aspects, and to clarify the motivations of certain characters.
    Last edited by News Bot; 03-21-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

#45 Soldier Majini

What are going to be some of the most difficult challenges for the team? I imagine creating their own AI would require some reigerous testing, I imagine particle effects would give them some difficulty as well for instance recreating the flood in the flood corridor. Scripting is a long and tedious process but it's not overly difficult to do if you have some basic knowledge and have tools to help you string it all together, so while it's going to take a long time for them to piece the main game together I don't necessarily think it will be all that difficult to do for the person/s who are doing that particular work. When it comes to the crunch, what are going to be the toughest challenges of this project?
    Last edited by geluda; 03-21-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    What are going to be some of the most difficult challenges for the team? I imagine creating their own AI would require some reigerous testing, I imagine particle effects would give them some difficulty as well for instance recreating the flood in the flood corridor. Scripting is a long and tedious process but it's not overly difficult to do if you have some basic knowledge and have tools to help you string it all together, so while it's going to take a long time for them to piece the main game together I don't necessarily think it will be all that difficult to do for the person/s who are doing that particular work. When it comes to the crunch, what are going to be the toughest challenges of this project?
    Piecing together an unfinished story into something that they are happy with, I would imagine

Also, does anyone know where I could find the text form of Wesker's Report?

#45 Soldier Majini

We could just say the whole thing is a tough challenge, but I mean specifically on a technical stand point, from our capabilities as a community and limitations of fan PSX development.

Cunt Agent

Also, does anyone know where I could find the text form of Wesker's Report?
    http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Weskers-Report-I

Both the original 5th Anniversary edition and the 2003 edited edition are here with a superior translation.

I'd imagine texturing and programming the missing bosses such as Birkins later forms and the Alligator will be very challenging!

Boys after resident evil 1.5 there would have been another followed with jill or chris i also would have been the end of the series king ? As there seems to be my hypothesis on the scenario of leon?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
    Boys after resident evil 1.5 there would have been another followed with jill or chris i also would have been the end of the series king ? As there seems to be my hypothesis on the scenario of leon?
    Mikami claimed the story was too conclusive which makes the theory of Linda or Annette burning down the lab to destroy the rest of Umbrellas research make sense. At most it would have allowed for one more sequel I hear and there was also talk of Wesker's presence being in 1.5 but that idea might have been scrapped.

#31 Birkin Type 3

Quote Originally Posted by News Bot View Post
    Wesker's Report itself, the text form, is 100% canon.

The video is not. It was not handled by the writer, which is why there are some apparent discrepancies.
    Alright, I checked the text form on your website, and I still see it's not really 100% canon.
    For example: HUNK did not catch the G when Leon threw it away, he already had it to begin with.

Cunt Agent

Alright, I checked the text form on your website, and I still see it's not really 100% canon.
    For example: HUNK did not catch the G when Leon threw it away, he already had it to begin with.
    He didn't. He recovered the one Leon threw away.

BH2 is a mixture of all four scenarios. The reason Ada doesn't have the G sample (which she took from Sherry's pendant in Leon B) in UC is because Leon took it from her apparently dead body and later threw it away, seen in Leon A.

Wesker's Report is basically a "clarification" on the events of BH2.
    Last edited by News Bot; 03-21-2013 at 11:21 AM.

#31 Birkin Type 3

Quote Originally Posted by News Bot View Post
    He didn't. He recovered the one Leon threw away.

BH2 is a mixture of all four scenarios. The reason Ada doesn't have the G sample (which she took from Sherry's pendant in Leon B) in UC is because Leon took it from her apparently dead body and later threw it away, seen in Leon A.

Wesker's Report is basically a "clarification" on the events of BH2.
    The final line from both versions contradicts everything after RE4:

After that, Claire went to Europe alone to look for her brother Chris, and Leon joined an underground anti-Umbrella organization.
    And, Sherry is in our hands now.

The final line from both versions contradicts everything after RE4:

After that, Claire went to Europe alone to look for her brother Chris, and Leon joined an underground anti-Umbrella organization.
    And, Sherry is in our hands now.
    how? just because it doesn't mention the loss of Sherry doesn't mean it didn't happen, especially since Wesker's Report only documents the events leading up to Code Veronica...and if that were true, technically it would be everything after RE4 contradicting Wesker's Report, since that is canon
    Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 03-21-2013 at 11:35 AM.

#31 Birkin Type 3

how? just because it doesn't mention the loss of Sherry doesn't mean it didn't happen, especially since Wesker's Report only documents the events leading up to Code Veronica...and if that were true, technically it would be everything after RE4 contradicting Wesker's Report, since that is canon
    First of all, Leon was forced to enter the government, that was planned ever since RE3's epilogue (I think), Including Sherry who got into government's custody.
    And according to UC/DC/The Rest, Wesker never got it's hands on Sherry, he just sent spies to look after her. That's why it contradicts everything after RE4.
    Last edited by alinhoalisson; 03-21-2013 at 11:38 AM.

As infected birkin in 1.5 if there were nobody add' kill him ?

First of all, Leon was forced to enter the government, that was planned ever since RE3's epilogue (I think).
    And according to UC/DC/The Rest, Wesker never got it's hands on Sherry, he just sent spies to look after her. That's why it contradicts everything after RE4.
    UC and DC are just (non-canon) retellings, to facilitate the milking of the series...I could be wrong but I believe RE5 is still canon with Wesker's Report, and in RE4 Leon simply says he received training from a secret organisation, never that he was forced, and 6 years passed, plenty of time for him to be in and anti umbrella organisation, as for RE6, I couldn't care less whether or not it's canon
    Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 03-21-2013 at 11:47 AM.

#45 Soldier Majini

If you have to release "reports" just to make sense of the story you know you've got a problem! I love the RE games but man the story is a mess, I care about it just as little as I care about the story in the MGS games.

I think this is why I support a reboot because I really do not care about the overall story in the RE universe, I just like good RE games. Capcom don't need to hold on to the current storyline just to tell a good zombie story...
    Last edited by geluda; 03-21-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard_star View Post
    The title screen eye looks like it's from one of Birkin's late-stage mutations. You can already see the similarity in his first mutation:

Attachment 8557

Also, 1.5 Birkin has hair = mind blown
    Looks like James Sunderland lol

#31 Birkin Type 3

UC and DC are just (non-canon) retellings, to facilitate the milking of the series...I could be wrong but I believe RE5 is still canon with Wesker's Report, and in RE4 Leon simply says he received training from a secret organisation, never that he was forced, and 6 years passed, plenty of time for him to be in and anti umbrella organisation, as for RE6, I couldn't care less whether or not it's canon
    "Secret organization under the direct control of the president, I was received the assignment of protecting the new president's family"

This single line explains everything you need to know about what happened to Leon.
    The organization he entered gave him special training, but it wasn't in any way or form an anti-Umbrella organization or even an anti-BOW organization (as evidenced in Damnation).

#45 Soldier Majini

So essentially Leon failed his mission? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    So essentially Leon failed his mission? Lol.
    The kidnapping went down shortly before he was assigned. In other words, they assigned the badass agent to find the president's daughter versus average joe, donut destroyer police officer. Because we see how well that type fared at the Village Pueblo. XD

Thread Information