Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing as how the RE0 and RE1 portions of DSC and UC were completely reusing rooms from RE0 and REmake, I assume they still have the original 3D room files archived. There's a big possibility Capcom will released HD ports of both games on the Wii U. A release on the 360 and PS3 seems less likely, seeing as how Capcom made an exclusivity deal with Nintendo (and if they were going to do HD ports of them on the non-Nintendo consoles, they would've already done so already).
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 07-06-2012, 10:33 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
      Seeing as how the RE0 and RE1 portions of DSC and UC were completely reusing rooms from RE0 and REmake, I assume they still have the original 3D room files archived. There's a big possibility Capcom will released HD ports of both games on the Wii U. A release on the 360 and PS3 seems less likely, seeing as how Capcom made an exclusivity deal with Nintendo (and if they were going to do HD ports of them on the non-Nintendo consoles, they would've already done so already).
      I'd buy a WiiU for that.

Comment

• When this build surfaces through at the internet. The funny thing is the hunt for 1.5 will be not over only after final build is found lol. But I think when this build is out the value for the final one will drop so it might make it easier to find it.
        Last edited by GamerTak3r; 07-06-2012, 10:35 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• When this build surfaces through at the internet. The funny thing is the hunt for 1.5 will be not over only after final build is found lol. But I think when this build is out the value for the final one will drop so it might make it easier to find it.
          That's assuming a contact with the final build ever surfaces, seeing as how it's been 12 years since the only known one appeared (and disappeared).
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
            I'd buy a WiiU for that.
            As long as it has pad support I would also buy WiiU for that

Comment

• Old Concept Art (Leon):

Chief Irons' Office

Comment

• Originally posted by Biohazard 1995 View Post
                Old Concept Art (Leon):

Chief Irons' Office
                Good stuff, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketsui View Post
                  Alzaire said is 40% complete.
                  oh, no!
                  they said 3.5 was 50% done(since 1.5 has a lot of stuff, i believe 3.5 was not just pretty cutscenes and some rooms). i will always have this mark, the only game in this earth i was waiting, ill never see.

aaaaaaaaanyway, if wii u get some zero and 1 ported in 1080p only, it worths the buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                    oh, no!
                    they said 3.5 was 50% done(since 1.5 has a lot of stuff, i believe 3.5 was not just pretty cutscenes and some rooms). i will always have this mark, the only game in this earth i was waiting, ill never see.

aaaaaaaaanyway, if wii u get some zero and 1 ported in 1080p only, it worths the buy.
                    1080p With new rendered backgrounds that is lol. I would rather have the original ones in 4:3 aspect ratio than 1080p upscale of the originals like this Dolphin screenshot REmake should never look like this' Right click and look at it in 1080 :/ Click image for larger version

Name:	Dolphin_2011-03-18_07-17-06-96.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	401433
                    Last edited by braders1986; 07-06-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Some backgrounds looked like crap even at the original resolution due to MPEG compression. In an HD port they would either re-render the backgrounds (with a better compression algorithm) or replace them entirely with real time models.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                        A 3D object is resolution independent, you can scale it 200% and it will look the same, also a 2m^3 cube uses the same resources of a 10m^3 one, the poly/triangle and vertex count is the same on both.

The problem of rendering the old models at higher resolution depend on the texture resolution, if they were 256x256 px they will not look bad, but awful. For some stuff it looks like they used procedural textures, like different kind of noises, that maybe will work if you change the scale, but then they will look unnatural as they where made with 1996 standards.
                        I understand that. 3D objects are never the problem. They are like vector graphics in illustrator, you can scale them as small or large as you want, and there's no loss in detail. We were talking about the prerendered backgrounds, which for all intents and purposes, are static images displayed over a three-dimensional grid. The problem is that these images, you can call them textures if you'd like, are displayed at a low resolution. And the color count isn't that great either. To make the backgrounds look better, you'd have to go back to the original 3D models, and rerender at a higher resolution. Like you mentioned though, we don't know what the resolution of the textures are that were applied to the 3D background models before rendering. Unless there was A LOT of filters and touch ups applied after/during rendering, I would guess the originals are pretty high quality.

Comment

• Resident Evil 2, though not my favourite Resident Evil - is by far probably the quintessential Resident Evil. Shame on ALL of you that want a remake, the game is absolutely - note - perfect.
                          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Resident Evil, the game that started it all.

Got a Remake and was better then the original in many fans eyes.

Why would we not want RE2 to have that chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                              Resident Evil, the game that started it all.

Got a Remake and was better then the original in many fans eyes.

Why would we not want RE2 to have that chance?
                              since we dont know what capcom will bring to us after RE6, maybe we can get a re2 remake. but, no, please, i cant figure a re2 without paul haddad and original sherry voice. anyway, i cant figure RE2 without the Re2 sounds... i play it for 14 years and my brain cant accept some other thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                                I understand that. 3D objects are never the problem. They are like vector graphics in illustrator, you can scale them as small or large as you want, and there's no loss in detail. We were talking about the prerendered backgrounds, which for all intents and purposes, are static images displayed over a three-dimensional grid. The problem is that these images, you can call them textures if you'd like, are displayed at a low resolution. And the color count isn't that great either. To make the backgrounds look better, you'd have to go back to the original 3D models, and rerender at a higher resolution. Like you mentioned though, we don't know what the resolution of the textures are that were applied to the 3D background models before rendering. Unless there was A LOT of filters and touch ups applied after/during rendering, I would guess the originals are pretty high quality.
                                I think Capcom rendered them at high resolution too, but looking at Resident Evil 2 PC you will find that they used 320x240 backgrounds, this lead to various options, they maybe have lost the higher resolution versions, but then you find that Resident Evil 3 PC have the same areas as RE2 with differences and new angles at 640x480, the mesh are the same, but the materials, lights and render settings looks different. They do have the assets but being too "lazy" to re render them results in having part of the backgrounds blurred.

As for the fact that Umbrella Chronicles uses the same areas of RE0 and 1 this doesn't mean that they reused the original assets. Sometimes is easier to re do the objects from scratch than optimizing an highpoly mesh for realtime purpose, especially if you have do stuff with NURBS.
                                Last edited by SonicBlue; 07-06-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X